• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddduck

http://deadline.com/2016/03/locatio...international-film-tv-commercials-1201712298/

Better Call Saul nominated for an award.

Nominees for the third annual Location Managers Guild International Awards are out. The awards honor productions in film, TV and commercials in six categories where the creative use of filming locations enhances or helps to drive the storyline. Last year, the top feature award went to The Grand Budapest Hotel and Wild.

OUTSTANDING LOCATIONS IN A PERIOD FILM
Bridge of Spies (Klaus Darrelmann and Markus Bensch, Europe; Jason Farrar, New York)
Mad Max: Fury Road (Simon Crook and Paul Tomlinson)
The Revenant (Robin Mounsey and Bruce Brownstein)
Straight Outta Compton (Alison A.Taylor)
Trumbo (David Thornsberry)

OUTSTANDING LOCATIONS IN A PERIOD TELEVISION SERIES
Aquarius (Michael Haro and Stacey Brashear)
Fargo (Matt Palmer and Rob Hilton)
Game of Thrones, Season 5 (Robert Boake and Tate Araez)
Gotham (Keith Adams and Pat Sones)
Sleepy Hollow, Season 3 (Nancy Haecker and Ryan Taylor)

OUTSTANDING LOCATIONS IN A CONTEMPORARY TELEVISION SERIES
Better Call Saul (Christian Diaz de Bedoya)
Bosch (Robert Paulsen and Paul Schreiber)
Mr. Robot (Demian Resnick)
Sense 8 (Marco Giacalone and Bill Bowling)
True Detective, Season 2 (Michael Chickey and Caleb Duffy)

TheOddOne

- EW: Better Call Saul creators on nixed Breaking Bad cameo, never-seen season 1 scene to air *Spoilers*
Gilligan spoke of the immense challenge of pacing the storytelling in this show, and admitted that he was very nervous early in season 1 that the show needed to transform Jimmy McGill into Saul Goodman rather quickly. “I was saying all the time in the [writers’] room, to the other writers, ‘We better get cracking here, We better get to Saul Goodman, because if people tune in, the safe assumption is that’s who they’re tuning in to see,’” he said. Added Gould: “If you call a show Batman, you don’t expect it to be all about Bruce Wayne.”
The last scene of the season 1 finale was written with the transformation of Jimmy into Saul in mind. Jimmy’s driving off after rejecting the job offer and humming “Smoke on the Water” was “obviously Saul Goodman, that’s the kind of thing he would do,” said Gilligan, and the writers entered season 2 thinking that the switch would happen very quickly. But those thoughts would change. “It took us weeks at the beginning of this season to figure out, no, the very last thing we were thinking about doing is the thing he should do, which is he should take the job,” said Gilligan. “It takes that whole first episode for him to do the thing that he clearly was not going to do at the end of the previous season. We did that not to throw you guys for a loop, not to confuse things, but simply because we thought about it… and Jimmy wasn’t ready to become Saul Goodman.”

He said that he didn't even know the disappearer's name, and he was shocked that his store actually did vacuum cleaner repair, so they haven't had much - if any - contact. But they could find a way to work him in somehow to show how Saul got in contact with him. Or obviously they could expound on his transfer to Nebraska.

But the show also is doing post-BB.

-griffy-

Banned
Do we know anything about his wife? I don't remember her mentioned before but I may just be dumb. Wondering if they are separated (probably due to the illness, or which strengthens the illness) or she's dead or something (which probably brought about the illness).

IronRinn

Do we know anything about his wife? I don't remember her mentioned before but I may just be dumb. Wondering if they are separated (probably due to the illness, or which strengthens the illness) or she's dead or something (which probably brought about the illness).
Was it her name that was on the sheet music he played?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I don't remember them saying anything about her before either, but maybe I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom