• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show has prompted me to finally do a BB rewatch. It's a whole different experience when you know where everybody is headed. The one thing I keep thinking is (BB spoilers, I guess)
poor Hank, he doesn't deserve what's coming

Marie is still annoying.

RPS37

Something I keep thinking about with BCS. What time period does the show take place? I always look at the fact that people tend to not have smartphones etc.

Corpekata

Banned
Something I keep thinking about with BCS. What time period does the show take place? I always look at the fact that people tend to not have smartphones etc.

Early 2000s. BB ended time period wise around 2011. We have Jimmy making Fight Club jokes this past episode (1999). Need at least a few years from Saul and Mike to be established in their worlds, and Kaylee is like 4 or so here and 10-12 in BB so I'd say around 2005.

HardRojo

Just watched this week's episode, couldn't watch it earlier. Another great episode. Poor Kim, she's trying hard but it seems like it's Howard keeping her there, not Chuck. Tío Salamanca is in the building! For a moment I thought he was a different actor, they did a great job with makeup, he looks noticeably younger.

MrBadger

I see this debate happening, whether the Jimmy story or the Mike story is more compelling right now. I don't know. I think the Jimmy stuff is going to have a bigger payoff.

I think this will be the case as well. However, I think Mike's story has more forward momentum than Jimmy's and it's a lot more similar to Breaking Bad. I'm sure sooner or later the two storylines will collide in a big way

This show has prompted me to finally do a BB rewatch. It's a whole different experience when you know where everybody is headed. The one thing I keep thinking is (BB spoilers, I guess)
poor Hank, he doesn't deserve what's coming

Marie is still annoying.

I started BrBa again as well, but I started it in the middle of S2 when Saul and Mike first appear. It's going to be fun seeing how they get to that point.
Agreed on Hank, it's especially bad that most of his theories are correct, but Walt keeps sabotaging him. At least he beats Walt before the end, though

One thing I'll say about BCS is I like the characters much more. There's nobody in that show that I dislike watching, even the characters written to be stuck up like Hamlin. I'll take him over Ted any day.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Absolutely -- the Mike / Jimmy stories just can't be parallel forever. I expect Mike getting deep with the Salmancas will (eventually) show Jimmy how lucrative being a criminal lawyer can be.

Walpurgis

Banned
Another great episode. I'm glad that Kim got some focus. She's one of my favourite characters. I'm surprised that it was Hamlin though. I think Chuck feels a sort of kinship to Kim now that she's been screwed over by Jimmy. What happened to her vindicated him. I expect him to be nicer to her going forward, in an effort to "save" her and make Jimmy miserable.
Absolutely -- the Mike / Jimmy stories just can't be parallel forever. I expect Mike getting deep with the Salmancas will (eventually) show Jimmy how lucrative being a criminal lawyer can be.
Mike is in trouble right now. He has no choice but to do as Salamanca says and reduce Tuco's sentence. By saying the gun was his, Mike will be prosecuted and will need a really good lawyer...

Grinchy

Banned
Last season, I was distracted by Kim's voice. This season, I've kinda fallen in love with her. I want her to make me call her daddy.

Just caught up with this season.

I love this show and all the characters.
just catching up now? fucking slacker

I'm glad everyone is loving kim. If you look back even last seasons thread, I was the first who realized that she is the perfect woman. Bless.

I cheered when hector showed up
I love jimmy, but Mike is the better protagonist
I love this show because we get to watch 2 awesome stories at once! And they will intersect!

Lynd7

At the moment it sorta does feel like we are waiting for something to go down, mostly character and setup so far. I hope Mike and Jimmy's stories start to intersect again, feels a little like two separate shows almost.

Still liking it a lot though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Last season, I was distracted by Kim's voice. This season, I've kinda fallen in love with her. I want her to make me call her daddy.

this is the cringiest comment i've seen on neogaf in a long long time. it starts out in sharp knees territory and whoops, hello weirdo.

Monocle

Rhea Seehorn has some amazing insight in the podcast. Her and her character are really becoming the MVP of the show.
Yeah, in the BCS Insider Podcast for 205, she gave incredible insight into her thinking and process in the Kim and Chuck scene. Also touched on more general topics like how to approach silences as an actor. Excellent stuff.

Grinchy

Banned
this is the cringiest comment i've seen on neogaf in a long long time. it starts out in sharp knees territory and whoops, hello weirdo.

lol wow, then welcome to the internet because this is obviously your first day here

Your incredibly sensitive nature will fit in well with the average OT user.

TripOpt55

Just caught up on this season (not sure why I fell behind to be honest). Great season so far. Love the core cast of characters here, especially Mike, Kim and Jimmy. The attention to detail by the writers is really something too.

PSY・S;198756767 said:
Once again, I'm enjoying this show more thoroughly than I did BB.

edit: third season??
Definitely seems like there is enough material for a third, I think they could end it on a fourth depending on how close to BB they want to get. Honestly they should end it the minute Saul opens up his office from BB, although we better get a bit of Kuby and Huell before that happy moment.

1st Season: He got the ring
2nd: He probably will get the Cadillac
3rd: Changes his name to Saul
4th: Gets the office

-griffy-

Banned
Ooo tonight's episode is directed by Michael Slovis, whose name you might recognize as the director of photography for almost the entirety of Breaking Bad.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Ooo tonight's episode is directed by Michael Slovis, whose name you might recognize as the director of photography for almost the entirety of Breaking Bad.

Awesome. He directed four episodes of Breaking Bad as well, Kafkaesque in season 3, Cornered in season 4, and Live Free or Die and Confessions in season 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom