• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stop watching the montage.

Also, someone in the comments pointed out that "Backwardo" is one of Jesse's made up superheroes in Breaking Bad. I really need to do a rewatch.

I once worked for a really conservative law firm and they would always rag on me for wearing dark grey shirts and light grey trousers. (They would ask me whether i was working for the Mafia). This scene brought back amazing memories.

So glad I left that awful profession.

Altazor

I made a supercut wavy arm gif because it seemed like that's a thing that should exist:
ir3WYKX.gif

you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Surfinn

Back in the day #TeamWalt were the clear majority. And "greed" was his only excuse.

Btw, you should check out the Wire, if you haven't already done so. I have a feeling it is right up your alley.

Above everything else, if Mike is contracted to do something he does it like a professional. I don't think he owes any special loyalty to Nacho.
Thanks for the recommendation, been hearing good things. Isn't it in HD now?

Brakke

Banned
In retrospect, all the hero-worshipping of Walt was rather nauseating, if truth be told.

Yo not just in retrospect. It was always bonkers. All of Walt's good lines "say my name", "I am the who knocks" etc were fuuuuuuuuucked up gross hubris things. Anybody who thought they were badass or whatever was not paying attention.

Walpurgis

Banned
Yo not just in retrospect. It was always bonkers. All of Walt's good lines "say my name", "I am the who knocks" etc were fuuuuuuuuucked up gross hubris things. Anybody who thought they were badass or whatever was not paying attention.

If you don't think Walt was badass, maybe it was you who wasn't paying attention.

Thanks for the recommendation, been hearing good things. Isn't it in HD now?

Yes, but most diehard fans say that 4:3 DVD is the preferred way to watch it. The basic reason is that David Simon (very much like Vince Gilligan) uses shot framing as a storytelling technique and that gets lost a bit in 16:9. Also the producers wanted to the show to feel "dirty" and less like a movie.

Referring to this episode guide after each episode is useful since the show is so dense:
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/the-wire-links-for-reviews-to-every-episode

Surfinn

Yes, but most diehard fans say that 4:3 DVD is the preferred way to watch it. The basic reason is that David Simon (very much like Vince Gilligan) uses shot framing as a storytelling technique and that gets lost a bit in 16:9. Also the producers wanted to the show to feel "dirty" and less like a movie.

Referring to this episode guide after each episode is useful since the show is so dense:
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/the-wire-links-for-reviews-to-every-episode

Appreciated! :) I'll check it out, thanks.

Listening to the podcast today, and they didn't mention it specifically, but them talking about the show made me connect the montage with Jimmy saying he was going to be "colorful." This fucking show is so great.

Turin

Banned
After all the dust settled I'm inclined to agree with you. But it's easy to watch the show now with all the emotion stripped away now we know everybody's fate. In retrospect, all the hero-worshipping of Walt was rather nauseating, if truth be told.

Indeed. Walt was a very interesting character but I didn't really like him past season 1.

?oe?oe

I made a supercut wavy arm gif because it seemed like that's a thing that should exist:
ir3WYKX.gif

Finally watched the latest episode. When Jimmy was looking at the inflatable man intently, I thought to myself, "I wonder if people still find those funny"... and then the montage happened... "Yes, yes they still are."

El Daniel

This season is missing focus compared to the last imo. In S1 you had the storyline with the Kettlemans, the lead up and confrontation between Jimmy and Chuck, Jimmy finding about Sandpiper and Mike's stuff.

I'm still enjoying the show and characters but I feel it's a step back compared to last season.

Corpekata

Banned
I loved the montage but it seemed out of place timeline wise. Isn't Kim like arranging her meeting with the other firm over the course of a few days or a week at most? Jimmy went through enough wardrobe changes in that span of time to be on Broadway.

-griffy-

Banned
Wonder why .....
I mean this sequence specifically in its style and function. Started with that big tracking shot that was notably hand held rather than steady like BCS's aesthetic has proven to be. Then we even just got a POV shot of that hole with the gun! And the whole out of context teaser that we'll find out how it relates to the larger story later. Totally Breaking Bad more than this show usually is.

Now that was some classic Breaking Bad music and mood setting with Mike in the car stakeout. Maybe a bit tongue in cheek, but it tickles my nostalgia bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom