• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why? It seems a little out of character to fuck with Hector out of revenge or something when he was already paid and he may be putting his family in danger again.

Unless he's trying to get Hector in jail to try and make up for messing up with Tuco? I don't know.

Just finished the episode.
I really loved that long take opening scene. O_O
The season has been great. I love Kim and Mike's story, but the Jimmy comes in and makes everything more interesting.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Every episode makes me hate Chuck even more so.

He wants to fuck over Jimmy so much that he was able to go out without his stupid suit and around electronics just so he could royally fuck over Kim and scew Jimmy in a roundabout kind of way.

This dude would cut off his own dick if it meant Jimmy's order would be late.

____

WTF man my DVR has all the data for Ep. 8 but it's just a re-run of last week's episode.

Has this happened to anyone?

Veelk

Banned

He wants to fuck over Jimmy so much that he was able to go out without his stupid suit and around electronics just so he could royally fuck over Kim and scew Jimmy in a roundabout kind of way.

Well, in fairness, it's not like any lawfirm would do otherwise. Hamlin has nothing personal against Jimmy or Kim, and he's doing all he can to snatch them away. And it was a big case. Hamlin went to Chuck out desperation. Plus Chuck does actually enjoy lawyering. I'm not saying that that's not a part of it, but he truly is just doing his job. Lawyering is a really dog eat dog world.

What I found most insightful about that is the underhanded rhetoric he used to win them over. It's a very manipulative backhand that Jimmy would be proud of. Up until now, all we've seen him do is recite legal minutia, but he has a flair for persuasion as well it seems.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

What impressed me was him being able to deal with that shit without his special suit. As he said "force of will" just to fuck over Jimmy. Which begs the question what the fuck sickness does he have if he is able to just will himself to get past electronics and deal with everything. I hope they answer that shit quickly because I'm getting sick of this "mysterious possibly fake illness" and only seeing his wife once.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i think mike is gonna wreck the drug shipment we saw in the intro with the garden spikes to really allow for a more thorough search

Exactly. He knows Tuco is shipping drugs over the border. He's gonna somehow stop that shipment to get the police on it to charge Tuco somehow.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah I just don't understand yet why Mike would want to fuck with the cartel again. He's already been shown that his family is at risk when they are pissed at him. Why is he kicking the hornet's nest?

Veelk

Banned
What impressed me was him being able to deal with that shit without his special suit. As he said "force of will" just to fuck over Jimmy. Which begs the question what the fuck sickness does he have if he is able to just will himself to get past electronics and deal with everything. I hope they answer that shit quickly because I'm getting sick of this "mysterious possibly fake illness" and only seeing his wife once.

We know for a fact that it's psychosomatic. He truly feels the pain, but it's not caused by anything but his own mind. That was proven back in season 1 where the nurse turned on the electronic near him without him knowing and he didn't feel a thing.

So yeah, it's something he can literally power through with force of will if he wants to, because it only exists in his head.

Yeah I just don't understand yet why Mike would want to fuck with the cartel again. He's already been shown that his family is at risk when they are pissed at him. Why is he kicking the hornet's nest?
Becausee Mike's the kind of guy who gets the last laugh. Look at him chuckle at the boss smoking. They threatened mike and he's not the kind of guy to take that shit lying down

That intro was SO good.

So good.

Also loved seeing Kim happy. Too bad the shit is about to hit the fan.

So next episode all about Mike watering some flowers? Can't wait :p

We know for a fact that it's psychosomatic. He truly feels the pain, but it's not caused by anything but his own mind. That was proven back in season 1 where the nurse turned on the electronic near him without him knowing and he didn't feel a thing.

So yeah, it's something he can literally power through with force of will if he wants to, because it only exists in his head.

I wouldn't say this if he wasn't a fictional character, but I wonder if it's a cry for attention that he doesn't get compared to Jimmy. I doubt they'll reveal his slide into his condition this season though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Lolol

I'm really curious what Mike is up to. I imagine this chain of events will probably lead him to Gus, but I'm not sure why he's trying to get involved with the Salamanca's again. He got his money, just leave it.
They threatened his family, so he's mad. Or so I understand it.

Brakke

Banned
This show really loves overlong montages huh. Well guess what, so do I!!

Anyway when was the last time Kim got through an episode without some old dude melancholy-monologue-ing at her?

Schrade

They're getting the drugs across the border in the tires themselves. Spike strip will rip 'em open. Mike is smart :) He was washing the hell out of that hose too so nothing could be linked to him.

I love MacGyver Mike.

Brakke

Banned
I love watching Jimmy work.

I love watching Mike work.

How in the hell can this series make work look so damn cool

Even the montage of Kim in doc review from a couple eps back: beautiful. Every time this show just indulges in showing someone being competent I love it. Just can't help but think "yo I bet that feels super satisfying".

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Just to point out that Howard tricks Chuck into thinking Kim and Jimmy are going to be partners although he knows well that is not the case.

The man is slick.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Just to point out that Howard tricks Chuck into thinking Kim and Jimmy are going to be partners although he knows well that is not the case.

The man is slick.

Hmmm that is slick.

So it's Howard using what he knows is Chuck's bias against Jimmy, and tying Jimmy to Kim, so that Chuck will fight to win back the client that Howard (and co.) has lost to Kim.

Chuck thinks he's taking down his loser brother by stealing Mesa Verde, even though it's several steps away from that being true.

Henkka

Banned

The man is slick.

Oh man. It's not like he lies either, he just fails to correct Chuck when he calls them partners at law. That is sleazy.

NotLiquid

You gotta appreciate how perfect of a "villain" Chuck is - he falls perfectly on the Lawful Evil scale where what he comes across as ridiculously petty, but he's still doing it within the parameters of legality, and only just comes out with a slight moral high ground. The thing you hate most about him is how even though he's an asshole he's still being a better "crook" than Jimmy is since he plays by the books. Chuck is a better "Skyler" than Skyler herself was - and by that I mean a character that most people hated despite being justified by having the moral high ground, though with Chuck the hate is far more justified since he's driven by pride while Skyler was driven by being in a situation she couldn't do anything about.

If Jimmy is a parody of lawyer stereotypes, Chuck is a straight-faced embodiment of them.

EDIT: Oh shit dude. Next episode's promo

Kim is mad at Jimmy. Jimmy's about to do more "copy" work. Chuck admits this is personal now.

I still don't think Chuck is all that evil. I don't even think he was trying to screw Jimmy by getting that client back. Getting that client back is just his job. I think the more the reveal of Jimmy's past, the worse Jimmy is going to look.

m4st4

I said it after season 1 but I'll say it again now because it rings truer: I love this series even more than I love Breaking Bad.

Also, what the hell is Mike doing with that hose, pottering in the garden that ain't.

Aurongel

Keeping the client is Chuck's job, he wouldn't have even known about it if Howard didn't bring it to his attention. Even Howard seemed amicable towards Kim leaving the firm, it might have been a front but he doesn't strike me as particularly evil thus far. I think Chuck mentioning to Jimmy how he'd do the same for him if the tables were turned is a big insight into how he views his relationship with his profession.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i havent been watching because I want to binge it on netflix (netflix actually airs them weekly 1 day after the states here but I decided to wait), I just have one question:

is there more Mike this season?

Chuck having case files and asking for Jimmy is a damn trap. Chuck screws Kim, then has those files right there, to clean of an opportunity. Plus Chuck's guilt seems to manifest itself in his "condition" he knows what will happen.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone know song used in opening?

Might have been original. I think I've still got it recorded so I'll use one of those phone apps to see if anything pops up, if I get the chance.

i havent been watching because I want to binge it on netflix (netflix actually airs them weekly 1 day after the states here but I decided to wait), I just have one question:

is there more Mike this season?

Lots.

Chuck having case files and asking for Jimmy is a damn trap. Chuck screws Kim, then has those files right there, to clean of an opportunity. Plus Chuck's guilt seems to manifest itself in his "condition" he knows what will happen.

Did he ask for Jimmy though? I thought Ernie called him on his own because Chuck wasn't improving and seemed to be in really poor condition. Didn't really seem like Chuck was in much of a condition to do or say anything by that point.

Geg

Yeah Ernie and Chuck both said that Ernie was supposed to stay with him all night until he got better, Jimmy just showed up on his own and told him to go home

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
A little disappointed at the large absence of Mike & Jimmy Adventures, but I guess that's just natural. Still an excellent show in every other way. I love how Gilligan & Gould not only proved us wrong on the show not living up to Breaking Bad, but also in some ways exceeds it.

Did he ask for Jimmy though? I thought Ernie called him on his own because Chuck wasn't improving and seemed to be in really poor condition. Didn't really seem like Chuck was in much of a condition to do or say anything by that point.

Yeah Ernie and Chuck both said that Ernie was supposed to stay with him all night until he got better, Jimmy just showed up on his own and told him to go home

Ah, misheard. Still my point stands, it was a damn trap. Chuck has given enough rope for Jimmy to hang himself. That with the previous scene with Chuck going a roundabout way to retain Mesa Verde? 100% complete trap for Jimmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom