• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Crazy how one man in Walter white turns so many people's lives upside down. This is a rare prequel that makes my appreciate the original more.

Yeah, for sure. You can't help but think of it every time Jimmy or Mike does something likeable/entertaining.

HoJu

True but where's his proof?

He has nothing.
Well he was going to get something if it wasn't for Kim not telling Jimmy. But yeah, he is wee-bit obsessed and he thinks himself a genius (which he kinda is). I mean he is the "villain", but it can also be argued that Jimmy is. that's why the show is so great.
And that scene with Mike was devastating. He never pulled the trigger, yet a death is on his hands...
Anyway, this episode was so great. This whole season has been an all-timer. I didn't expect much from this show when it was first announced, and now I'm shocked at how great it is, and that it's maybe better than Breaking Bad.

Well he was going to get something if it wasn't for Kim Lady Macbeth-ing Jimmy. But yeah, he is wee-bit obsessed and he thinks himself a genius (which he kinda is). I mean he is the "villain", but it can also be argued that Jimmy is. that's why the show is so great.
And that scene with Mike was devastating. He never pulled the trigger, yet a death is on his hands...
Anyway, this episode was so great. This whole season has been an all-timer. I didn't expect much from this show when it was first announced, and now I'm shocked at how great it is, and that it's maybe better than Breaking Bad.
Jimmy is more of a scammer than villain, but Chuck is such a dick even if he's right.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
FUCK CHUCK

I hope Lance never calls 911

irk3kez.gif

Everyone going with the Chuck is dead angle. For some reason with the part of next week's preview that has Howard with a letter asking Jimmy if it was his doing, I'm thinking Chuck is gonna be committed or something like that. His "illness" almost gets him killed, so this is where something is finally done about that. Whether Jimmy pushes for it or not, I dunno, but that's what I'm rolling with.

Though dead would be pretty crazy way to end things.

inm8num2

Lance held strong. Perhaps too strong. Don't think Chuck is dead at all - his head injury will require him to take it easy awhile and question whether he wants to pursue investigating the forgery.

Poor Kim. Stuck between two feuding brothers. :(

GavinGT

Banned
Everyone going with the Chuck is dead angle. For some reason with the part of next week's preview that has Howard with a letter asking Jimmy if it was his doing, I'm thinking Chuck is gonna be committed or something like that. His "illness" almost gets him killed, so this is where something is finally done about that. Whether Jimmy pushes for it or not, I dunno, but that's what I'm rolling with.

Though dead would be pretty crazy way to end things.

That's a good theory. Chuck wakes up in the hospital with all sorts of beepy-bloopy electronics going off all around him and he just flips out. Then he starts talking about this paranoid plot his brother engineered against him. His brother tells the doctors that he's not right in the head and he gets committed.

Lance held strong. Perhaps too strong. Don't think Chuck is dead at all - his head injury will require him to take it easy awhile and question whether he wants to pursue investigating the forgery.

Poor Kim. Stuck between two feuding brothers. :(

I think that's it right there. Classic Breaking Bad Scenario. Chuck will be alive, but hurt badly, in the hospital. Jimmy will get his hands on the tape somehow. The doctors will talk to Chuck and make him face the facts that his disease is in his head and that he will continue to put himself in dangerous situations like this if he doesn't get over it. Howard will probably have some input about Chuck not being allowed to work like this anymore either. Jimmy will show up after a call from Ernie, see his injured brother, and feel guilty enough that he's ready to admit the truth. Just before he does, Chuck will accept that he made the mistake with the address, apologize to Jimmy, and pledge to change. And there the truth will stay a secret for a while, giving Jimmy the power in the relationship, which he will take advantage of, but will feel uncomfortable about all along.

Somewhere down the line, when Kim and Jimmy split up, the truth will come out, and Chuck will feel vindicated. It'll be the Ozzymandias for Saul, losing it all in one go.

That's my guess, anyway. It's assuming Saul "breaks bad" in a way similar to Walt by the end, just toned down.

Also, if we keep in mind that Mike and Saul have mirrored stories thus far, this would also play into Mike permanently damaging, but not killing, somebody of his own in the finale. Wonder who that could be ;).

Edit: On second thought, Vince and Peter and co. would be too smart for this. If things started to get too Ozymandias-like, I think they'd throw us for a loop.

Still, I bet the finale will play out similarly to that.

inm8num2

I think that's it right there. Classic Breaking Bad Scenario. Chuck will be alive, but hurt badly, in the hospital. Jimmy will get his hands on the tape somehow. The doctors will talk to Chuck and make him face the facts that his disease is in his head and that he will continue to put himself in dangerous situations like this if he doesn't get over it. Howard will probably have some input about Chuck not being allowed to work like this anymore either. Jimmy will show up after a call from Ernie, see his injured brother, and feel guilty enough that he's ready to admit the truth. Just before he does, Chuck will accept that he made the mistake with the address, apologize to Jimmy, and pledge to change. And there the truth will stay a secret for a while, giving Jimmy the power in the relationship, which he will take advantage of, but will feel uncomfortable about all along.

I like the way you think. :)

Caught the episode. Jesus, what an ending. What a show.

Before that: "But you're the one who made him this way." YEAH! Kim's siding with Jimmy...oh, never mind.

masud

Banned
It's so cool living where this and BB were filmed. I've used that Valiant print shop several times before, It's half a block from the 'dea office' where Hank worked and like 2 blocks in the other direction from Tuco's head quarters where Walt triggered that explosion. So many scenes from both series were shot in the same 5x5 block area but they do a really good job of hiding it.

Also this show is astonishingly good.

oatmeal

Banned
I have nothing to add but...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS FUCKING SHOW IS SO FUCKING GOOD IT DRIVES ME UP THE WALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Ahem.

I seriously have more fun watching this show than any show I can remember. Ever.

Chuck dying so unexpectedly like this would be a fantastic twist. It just feels so raw to have life end abruptly like that.

I feel like Chuck becoming mentally disabled would also be a really agonizing fate

Omzz

Today's episode was just fantastic. Thank you Vince for giving Saul his own show

Also the lights being shutoff on both Kim and Jimmy's toothbrushes...

dN2Iun6.jpg

it's comin brehs :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What do the tooth brushes symbolize?

Them being together, I assume.

That shot of their toothbrushes in the same cup is followed by a shot of them together in a bed like a married couple. I might be wrong but that's the most "in a relationship" shot they've had in the show's run so far.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Excellent episode this week. I can't wait to see how the situation with Chuck plays out, especially because I'm pretty sure he's not dead.

Oh yeah and I bet
the ad Jimmy is filming is a Saul ad

are the ratings for this show healthy ? how does it compare to bb early days ? i really dont want this to end prematurely

Yes. There's no point in comparing the ratings for the two shows for a variety of reasons, but if you must know:

BB S5 > BCS S1 > BCS S2 > BB S4 > BB S3 > BB S2 > BB S1

There is absolutely no chance of the show ending prematurely. It 100% will end when Gould and Gilligan want it to.

rekameohs

Banned
Holy shit, that episode was intense.

There's no way Chuck is dead. His and Jimmy's relationship is one of the main cores of the show. And the inevitable Saul Goodman vs. Chuck McGill scene in the courtroom will be legendary.

Man, what an amazing episode.

The show might seem to move slowly, but in terms of character action --> world/other character reaction, there's not another show on TV that's more immediately satisfying. What's left unsaid and left to linger is completely natural rather than used to create artificial tension.

If this is what television can consistently look like, bring on the 10-episode seasons, other shows.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That conversation in bed was great, with Kim dipping a toe across the ethical line.

Sound design on Chuck's fall was brutal.

Chuck proves we weren't sexist assholes when it came to Skyler.
I know this is somewhat sarcastic, but they're not similar cases whatsoever.

Mariolee

I audibly gasped when Chuck's head hit the counter. Instantly flashbacked to Breaking Bad when Ted tripped on the carpet or something. Really shocked me.

Fantastic episode. Then again, the penultimate episode last season ended on a super amazing note too but the finale kinda felt lackluster (though in light of the new season it carries a good weight). Even knowing we have another season, I still want some sort of conclusion in the season finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom