• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppen

Banned
Excellent episode this week. I can't wait to see how the situation with Chuck plays out, especially because I'm pretty sure he's not dead.

Oh yeah and I bet
the ad Jimmy is filming is a Saul ad

Yes. There's no point in comparing the ratings for the two shows for a variety of reasons, but if you must know:

BB S5 > BCS S1 > BCS S2 > BB S4 > BB S3 > BB S2 > BB S1

There is absolutely no chance of the show ending prematurely. It 100% will end when Gould and Gilligan want it to.

Wow, amazed it's outperforming S4 of BB.

giphy.gif

Jesus that head smack.

I can't see any major legal fallout for Jimmy just a huge implosion of his personal life. As for Mike, yeah... No more half measures for him.

Kim's doing this just to quiet Chuck down. But when Kim and Jim are alone, she's going to unload on him.

Good call.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
People discussing previews, can you please use spoiler tags? Thanks.

The driver saw Mike's car, right? I can't believe Mike would be so sloppy as to use his own car though, was it really his car? I forgot what his own car looks like.

Oh, crap. Here's what's going to happen. Chuck is dead. Police want to see the tapes. They see his brother in there bribing him. Now Jimmy is suspected of bribing the clerk to agitate his own brother.
I doubt it'll go that far, because we know Jimmy/Saul doesn't go to jail nor does he get disbarred at least. :p

I can't see any major legal fallout for Jimmy just a huge implosion of his personal life.
Yeah I agree.

Looking at the head smack again, that probably didn't kill him had it been the edge though yeah he'd be dead.

The driver saw Mike's car, right? I can't believe Mike would be so sloppy as to use his own car though, was it really his car? I forgot what his own car looks like.

Nah, it wasn't his car.

Carl

What ab episode this week. Holy shit this programme is seriously my favourite thing on Netflix. Can't believe there's only one more ep this series

Only if we get 10 episodes every four or five months instead of 10 episodes and then a wait of like nine months. That's the absolute worst with shows with shorter season runs the only thing worse is the Netflix method because you know I ain't gonna pace myself on that shit and stretch it out any more than I have to.

Well he was going to get something if it wasn't for Kim not telling Jimmy. But yeah, he is wee-bit obsessed and he thinks himself a genius (which he kinda is). I mean he is the "villain", but it can also be argued that Jimmy is. that's why the show is so great.
And that scene with Mike was devastating. He never pulled the trigger, yet a death is on his hands...
Anyway, this episode was so great. This whole season has been an all-timer. I didn't expect much from this show when it was first announced, and now I'm shocked at how great it is, and that it's maybe better than Breaking Bad.

Chuck is the bad guy here for the sole reason he's not looking to do what he does for moral or for anything but for wrong and petty reasons. Jealousy basically. He can't stand that despite Jimmy being the younger, irresponsible brother, he still manages to pull out of this situation. He doesn't hate his brother, but he wants him to stay at the photocopies, never doing anything, staying at his place, right down at his feet, taking care of his illness, being the looser.

Holy shit what an episode. Just one more to go. The wait for the next season will be agonizing. The spinoff of my fav TV show of all time is now one of my favs already!

Oh man, awesome episode.

I was kind of surprised when Kim started talking about dotting each and every i. She seems kind of ok'ish with what he did, never expected that. But I like it though, haha. Oh and that ending, damn. Oh and Kim was looking good in those jeans.

Man I am going to miss this show when next week's ep airs. Have they said when Season 3 is planned? Initially season 2 was planned for the same year as Season 1 but that never happened. Hope it does happen now. A year of waiting is crazy.

Monocle

can't overstate my admiration of Better Call Saul's storytelling. Character-driven drama can hardly get better than this.

The unfolding of events is so brilliantly written, with tragedy emerging from the good intentions and righteous actions of mutually connected people with intertwined and clashing interests. Every character is treading that gray zone where justification and responsibility are clear at one moment, hazy the next. Talk about layers upon layers of contrasting meaning and delicious ambiguity. This is an incredible show.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I can't overstate my admiration of Better Call Saul's storytelling. Character-driven drama can hardly get better than this.

The unfolding of events is so brilliantly written, with tragedy emerging from the good intentions and righteous actions of mutually connected people with intertwined and clashing interests. Every character is treading that gray zone where justification and responsibility are clear at one moment, hazy the next. Talk about layers upon layers of contrasting meaning and delicious ambiguity. This is an incredible show.

It's a beast of a show.

Starting to prefer it to BB but I don't want to open Pandora's box.

can't overstate my admiration of Better Call Saul's storytelling. Character-driven drama can hardly get better than this.

and it's all done seemingly effortlessly. I still remember the days where for some reason I doubted Gilligan and Gould, but I think it's because I didn't understand what kind of show this was going to be. I think they didn't even know at one point until they started writing and whatnot.

Oh man, awesome episode.

I was kind of surprised when Kim started talking about dotting each and every i. She seems kind of ok'ish with what he did, never expected that. But I like it though, haha. Oh and that ending, damn. Oh and Kim was looking good in those jeans.

Man I am going to miss this show when next week's ep airs. Have they said when Season 3 is planned? Initially season 2 was planned for the same year as Season 1 but that never happened. Hope it does happen now. A year of waiting is crazy.

I don't think she was ok with it, but it was also in her best interests to not make a deal about it because she can avoid trouble with Mesa Verde.

Robin64

Yeah, we get to watch this on Netflix here in the UK. They actually brand it as a Netflix Original during the opening, which is weird.

DoubleYou

This might have been my favorite BCS episode yet. I love how the writers are able to bring that same kind of tension Breaking Bad had without using any guns.

BunnyBear

😱😱😱 That ending. What an episode. Probably one of my favourites so far, and I agree this is nearing the best of BB now. The tension. The acting. The cinematography! It's a masterful show and I hope we get four seasons.

How about Rhea Seehorn? Showstopping performance.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I would like to mention that this episode is BEAUTIFULLY shot.

There's a ton of amazing shots in there, but this, this is my favorite.

26AHwZPU4vAI1hk4M.gif

Speculation for next week:

I think Mike is going to kill Nacho. He's the only loose end at this point and starting to show weakness. I hope I'm wrong.

I would like to mention that this episode is BEAUTIFULLY shot.

There's a ton of amazing shots in there, but this, this is my favorite.

This show must be compulsory viewing for any Film Studies course.
Oh man, awesome episode.

I was kind of surprised when Kim started talking about dotting each and every i. She seems kind of ok'ish with what he did, never expected that. But I like it though, haha. Oh and that ending, damn. Oh and Kim was looking good in those jeans. .

Clearly she didn't. It's just a case of willful blindness. She even said as much.

UrbanRats

Overall it was a fantastic episode, however i'm always a bit annoyed by the "guy falls and hits head" thing, it almost always comes off as a bit contrived.
I am curious to see how that will unfold, though.

Speculation for next week:

I think Mike is going to kill Nacho. He's the only loose end at this point and starting to show weakness. I hope I'm wrong.
That'd be
wildly out of character, at least for now.

NotLiquid

Really interesting how they've been panning out Jimmy filming his commercial for the last couple of episodes. It wouldn't surprise me if Season 2 ends on the shot of that full commercial.

Now that Chuck got Fucked I'm not sure where they're gonna actually go from here. Kim has already laid the overdue truthbombs on him but inversely his point about Jimmy has been fully signed, sealed and delivered by Kim as well. At this point it doesn't seem like there's much more we can gain from Chuck in the series other than finding out what happened to his wife and what the context is of his self-imposed condition. He's becoming a spent force, one whose existence is becoming less important after the motivations and backstory of Jimmy's approach has become less integral to current events, and I'm starting to think it's going to be up to Jimmy how the plug is pulled. Is he going to do what he was intending on doing in Season 1 and cashing Chuck out? Is there going to be an "I watched Jane die" kind of twist where maybe Jimmy drops a magnitude twist like "I stole money from our dad to pay off your college"? (Someone suggested this twist once and I kind of like the idea - if only because it seems like Jimmy's slipping ways were rooted through a mix of not wanting to get screwed, second hand accounts about shortcuts and brother loyalty. That and $14,000 is an oddly specifically high amount to embezzle without any visible signs of having saved it, especially considering it didn't seem like their family were that well off enough to send Chuck off to college).

Season 2 is going to end on some real question marks. The one thing that's clear is it definitely ain't ending on Chuck's terms and I'm still curious how Jimmy can make such a personality turn going into Saul what with how gleeful of a personality he is then. Feels like the show is gonna be undertaking a paradigm shift moving forward - whatever Gilligan once said in terms of creating the "pivotal moment" that's going to turn Jimmy into Saul, it's gonna have to come out swinging in full force next season. The overlap between Mike and Jimmy has become a lot less pronounced this season and I think this dynamic (along with Kim) is going to be what's more important in Season 3.

Servbot24

Banned
Amazing episode until that last bit... don't really like when strokes of chance happen in this or BB, although I guess that is a real part of life.

NotLiquid

Amazing episode until that last bit... don't really like when strokes of chance happen in this or BB, although I guess that is a real part of life.

I don't mind it as one of Pixar's golden rules rings true in this. Coincidences that get characters out of trouble are boring, but coincidences that get characters into trouble are great. Every character so far is caught up in some risky circumstances and if something can go wrong it most likely will for the sake of drama - this puts Jimmy in another tough spot.

Chuck's head bump officially takes the hilarity crown from Ted's couch slide.

Jeezus how funny can one split second be

man iunno i was in shock holy fuck man

I don't mind it as one of Pixar's golden rules rings true in this. Coincidences that get characters out of trouble are boring, but coincidences that get characters into trouble are great. Every character so far is caught up in some risky circumstances and if something can go wrong it most likely will for the sake of drama - this puts Jimmy in another tough spot.

Holy fuck I never heard this and it's fucking amazing yes yes yes

I'm going to upset if Jimmy dials 911 before the 4 other people in the copy shop.

On the Mike/Nacho thing -- I didn't find Mike fessing up to the crime as credible (for all he knows, Nacho could have been recording him) nor did I find Nacho not hitting him up for half the cash equally so. I also didn't like Mike letting Nacho walk away like that.

If Mike wanted the police involved he could phoned in an anonymous tip himself, like he did when they arrested Tuco.

RangerX

Banned
I just got caught up and his show is one of the greatest character dramas I have ever seen. Its better than BB for me. I genuinely think Chuck will bite the bullet here. If so it will be very different to how I imagined Jimmy turning to Saul. I thought it would be something explosive but its actually quite sad. The guilt will push him over the edge.

The scene with Chuck, jimmy and Kim was one of the best in the series. Rhea Seehorn is a fantastic actress and everything Kim said about Chuck in that scene was correct. Well apart from making a mistake. The season one finale is one of my all time favourites so I hope this seasons can live up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom