• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Are you marking A Level papers?

If so, what does it take for me to 'recommend' giving me an A grade?

tumblr_n4rmtgFv1z1qkg5u5o1_250.gif

Year 9 science SATS papers, so I'm afraid you'll have to take your seduction techniques elsewhere
Good luck though sis!
in both your exams and your prostitutions

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Year 9 science SATS papers, so I'm afraid you'll have to take your seduction techniques elsewhere
Good luck though sis!

How far did you get through the playlist sis? :p

Good luck though sis!

I shall keep looking for this examiner!

Thank you for the kind words in my exams
and prostitutions
!

Mau ®

Kathy can stay away from "dark" music because I'm sure she's never experienced hardship in her life. It would be the most contrived sounding material. Stick to summer flings and "having the time of your liiiiife" themes. Thanks

Katheryn knows struggle though:

*She ran away from her super christian home at 16 to persue her music~ career

* She was dropped from 2 labels. She had two albums done and ready for release

* She was asked for divorce over text. Never saw her ex-husband again.

* Her current boyfriend, Orlando Bloom, reportedly cheated on her with the far-more-fertile Selena Gomez <3

* She is best friends with Rihanna but she hasnt managed to absorb a small amount of style from her. And while Rih has obtained some amounts of talent in this last few years, Kat remains as untalented as ever &#128557;

* She destroyed Gaga's pop career. That must've taken some planning~

Neptune

Honestly, the idea that Pure Ambien measures up against the other three albums in the current bracket is offensive. But even the excellent Blackout by Danja (ft. Britney Spears) and Ray of Light by William Orbit (ft. Madonna) must yield to the rightful winner.

Vote for quality.

qFfHmaU.gif

Vote for originality.

tumblr_nxd9uqPDSw1qbzr8yo1_500.gif

Vote for critical reception.

FKfFLJj.gif

Vote for someone whose glory days isn't behind her.

tumblr_nxdach0SPe1qbzr8yo1_500.gif

Vote for exclusively self-written and self-produced artistry.

APoo4Hk.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
How far did you get through the playlist sis? :p

Just listened to 100 Degrees (which is fucking good btw) so about half way through?

I don't know how you managed to compile such a long playlist where I only know about 5 artists, but props to you because I've enjoyed all bar two tracks and replayed countless.
AND you've included the best track of Flume's new album so
ello-optimized-cc0c8c38.gif

Favourited for future use and I expect a July and August addition <3

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So how yalls feel about Nick Jonas?? Just listened to his new album and it's okay. Jealous is still his best song though I do like Close as a second one.

Also finally listened to Artpop for the first time and it's...interesting. It's like over the place and definitely needed some smoothing out along with some cuts. It also doesn't help that the first few four or five songs are completely different from the rest of the album. And around when the song Artpop starts playing until right before Dope, it sounds so similar that it really starts to drag. I enjoyed it, but it's a really weird album.

Phreaker

I liked Numb, Wilderness, Chains and Jealous from his first album the most. I also like Close. I haven't listened to his latest album yet, but I will this weekend! I also think he's super hot.

Decarabia

This is a bit random, but I knew one of the songs on Anti was a Tame Impala cover, but had no idea it was Same Ol' Mistakes, which is one of my favorites from that album.

Anyway, decided to give Currents a listen and it's really good!

This is a bit random, but I knew one of the songs on Anti was a Tame Impala cover, but had no idea it was Same Ol' Mistakes, which is one of my favorites from that album.

Currents is an essential in anybody's music library

Such an amazing album

What I find remarkable is that it's a 100% copy of the original. No other instrumentation, no other accents and intonation in the single. Straight copy.

Don't mean that as a criticism, but I would've liked it more if she had done more of an interpretation of the song instead of a copy.

Vazra

Just listened to 100 Degrees (which is fucking good btw) so about half way through?

I don't know how you managed to compile such a long playlist where I only know about 5 artists, but props to you because I've enjoyed all bar two tracks and replayed countless.
AND you've included the best track of Flume's new album so
ello-optimized-cc0c8c38.gif

Favourited for future use and I expect a July and August addition <3

Thanks. I was planning to make them monthly but a fair warning each month might be too different from the others depending what I feel like adding. Still it should be a nice way to find cool stuff. :p

Nasser

I voted. Blackout must win

Edit:

Blackout, Pure Heroine, Ray of Light, Art Angels - You've probably been through some crazy shit in your life. You like to tap into those scars sometimes with your music. It's quite cathartic and it makes you feel strong. Take care of yourself and have a great day.

lol

That's fucked up! And her last tweet. ;_; RIP
Her account was hacked after her death. To post something like that is so fucked up...

I'm so glad I don't have any social media. Among other reasons, when I die my (almost assuredly untimely) death, I don't want my loved ones seeing my face randomly pop up in their newsfeeds.

Yado

Code:
Blackout, Pure Heroine, Ray of Light, Art Angels - You've probably been through some crazy shit in your life. You like to tap into those scars sometimes with your music. It's quite cathartic and it makes you feel strong. Take care of yourself and have a great day.

lol

horoscope teas

Phreaker

Her account was hacked after her death. To post something like that is so fucked up...

I'm so glad I don't have any social media. Among other reasons, when I die my (almost assuredly untimely) death, I don't want my loved ones seeing my face randomly pop up in their newsfeeds.

Oh I didn't see that. I was referring to her inviting people out to see her at the concert, she was so jazzed. RIP

B-Dex

It's cheaper to buy Deadisland and Riptide seperately than the bundle on PSN. Grace Chen at it again.

Also, why does Vevo have a separate app on PS4 now?

Anyone know where I can find the syrup McDonald's uses in its frozen strawberry and lemonade draaank

It's like liquid Gushers and I NEED IT

Yado

Anyone know where I can find the syrup McDonald's uses in its frozen strawberry and lemonade draaank

What you're tasting is simple syrup with a hint of rat feces, that's what makes it pop. If you can't procure any from a grungy McDonald's kitchen then store bought is fine.

tumblr_o15wwdHoQz1ql5yr7o2_400.gif

Frodo

The only thing that makes the food at McDonald's edible is the sauces.
The nuggets taste like old socks without them.

The only thing that makes McDonald's edible is working your ass off the whole day without eating anything and the subsequent state of hunger that prevents you from thinking clearly.*

*breakfast food is okay.

Vazra

I rather do BK than McD. Wendy's is decent tho but its no the hamburger equivalent of Popeyes.
Bayonetta, hermana! That playlist is slaying me so far.

I'm furiously taking notes as I listen to it.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :)

Gurl expand the google skills

MrV4ltor

We literally only have McDonald's, Burger King and KFC here in Austria.
And they're all trash.
But that's probably just because I don't eat burgers at McD and Bruger King

It's anyone's game as four fan-favorite albums faced off. Scrolllllllll

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNERS - ART ANGELS (Grimes), RAY OF LIGHT (Madonna)
0004906741_200.jpg
Madonna+-+Ray+Of+Light.jpg

ELIMINATED - PURE HEROINE (Lorde), BLACKOUT (Britney Spears)
pure-heroine-lorde-cd-cover-art.jpg
britney_spears-blackout_cdcov.jpg~c200

Well I wasn't expecting this. I thought for sure that Blackout would join Ray of Light in sweeping the contest but it looks like people really love them some Grimes. Still, this was the closest match yet.

Capture_zpsoxhlhzei.png

ART ANGELS and RAY OF LIGHT will face off in Round 3. BRACKET A, ROUND 2 COMING UP SHORTLY!

Top Bottom