• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Nasser

Except, you know, pretty much every significant media outlet's lists of the best albums of 2015.

I tried looking for Britney Jean on any critics' lists for 2013, but no results found. Imagine that!

Z0aZ6.gif

I voted for Blackout too, but fuck Lorde.

Britney Jean went #1 in my heart even though the album was horrible

So Happy I Could Die is this millennium's most lyrically impacTful song

tumblr_n4rmtgFv1z1qkg5u5o1_250.gif

Vote for heartbreaking rawness and honesTEA

Vote for the track that effortlessly reveals better than any interview could what Gaga means to Steffi

Vote for gay tears, self-love, and self-discovery

All that cocaine probably isn't helping ha chronic anxiety.

Maybe she should go back to playing third string in a boy band to mask her nonexistent stage presence.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
One of my faves, Sara Bareilles, has been having a pretty good "off" year:

• She spent 2014 and 2015 working on writing the music for a new Broadway musical, Waitress, which not only made history as the first Broadway musical to have all four creative leads individually filled by women but is also now nominated for 4 Tony's (including one for Sara Bareilles's original score!)
    of which it will win none because of Hamilton
  • She released a book of essays about her songs and life, Sounds Like Me, in October 2015, which debuted on the New York Times Best Seller List for its category (hardcover nonfiction)
  • She released a cover album of some of the music she wrote for Waitress in November 2015, a quality (if not chart-topping) release
  • Disney recently chose her to perform in the role of Ariel in their sold-out Hollywood Bowl live performance of The Little Mermaid, which I think was a bit of a dream of hers
She's never really hit the highs as most people's faves, peaking with "Love Song" at 4 on Billboard
and "Roar" completely stealing the thunder (and song?) of "Brave"
, and I know she's not a star like some others. However, she's always served quality, talent, and authenticity, so I'll always recommend her to those who like a singer-songwriter with acoustic roots.

Huh, you'd think most people with serious performance anxiety would end up choosing different careers. I wonder how he ended up where he is. I hope he finds a way of managing it...

VOTE FOR GAGA

4.gif

VOTE THE REAL QUEEN OF POPGAF

4.gif

VOTE FOR QUALITY

4.gif

VOTE FOR THE ALBUM THAT BLESSED US WITH ICONIC BOPS LIKE 'Bad Romance' and 'Alejandro'

4.gif

VOTE FOR THE ALBUM THAT GAVE US THE BEST FEMALE COLLABORATION OF ALL TIME

4.gif

The choice is clear, VOTE THE FAME MONSTER

4.gif

MrV4ltor

Dragonette produce a lot of bops

4.gif

The Laidback Luke Remix of Let it Go

4.gif

Live In This City

4.gif

Outlines

4.gif

Pretty much all of Fixin To Thrill

4.gif

Neptune

MrV4ltor

Only a few hours left. You know what to do.

Vote for quality.

tumblr_m53x453Zu01rok2afo1_400.gif

Vote for iconic music videos.

tumblr_llx6c9pzzM1qion8eo1_400.gif

Vote for a legend 40 years in the game.

tumblr_mldl5lchgB1rok2afo1_400.gif

Vote for one of the best albums of all time.

tumblr_lys9kz4vjz1qkjfz1o1_r1_400.gif

Vote for one of the world's most influential people.

tumblr_n2fxspIhht1r2ill7o2_400.gif

Vote for one of the most cutting post-breakup diss tracks of all time.

tumblr_m3ufp16vnF1rok2afo1_400.gif

Vote for the album containing Thom Yorke's favourite song of all time.

tumblr_mk8m0cTZcD1rok2afo1_r4_400.gif

Vote for the artist and fashion icon Lady Gaga wishes she could be if she had a shred of originality in her.

tumblr_lzizyzLQck1rppg1yo2_250.gif
tumblr_lzizyzLQck1rppg1yo3_250.gif

You forgot to mention:

Vote for a racist!

tumblr_m0n6k5X6xd1rppg1yo1_400.gif

Neptune

You forgot to mention:

Vote for a racist!

tumblr_m0n6k5X6xd1rppg1yo1_400.gif
iCEh1jK.gif

Not this accusation coming from someone who supports the woman who thought it'd be a good idea to both use and rhyme "Chola descent" with "Orient" in her lead single, plus later record an entire song titled after a racial slur on her most recent solo album.

giphy.gif

Neptune

Of course, there's no excuse for what she said those two times across her 40 year career. Meanwhile, Lady Gaga has managed to rack up a good amount of receipts during her relatively brief career.

But really, who honestly cares. Everyone's faves are problematic. Beyoncé? Racist. Madonna? Racist. Lana? Racist. Katy? Racist. Rihanna? Racist. Christina? Racist. Grimes? Racist. Miley? Racist. Selena? Racist. Nicki? Racist. Shakira? Racist. Taylor? Racist. Kanye? Racist. I could keep going.

Clearly, the only solution is to vote for squeaky clean queen Carly Rae first and then let musical quality determine the second pick, in which the answer is still Homogenic.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Of course, there's no excuse for what she said those two times across her 40 year career. Meanwhile, Lady Gaga has managed to rack up a good amount of receipts during her relatively brief career.

But really, who honestly cares. Everyone's faves are problematic. Beyoncé? Racist. Madonna? Racist. Lana? Racist. Katy? Racist. Rihanna? Racist. Christina? Racist. Grimes? Racist. Miley? Racist. Selena? Racist. Nicki? Racist. Shakira? Racist. Taylor? Racist. Kanye? Racist. I could keep going.

Clearly, the only solution is to vote for squeaky clean queen Carly Rae first and then let musical quality determine the second pick, in which the answer is still Homogenic.

I mean other than posing with people that were in black face that gaga link is all a crock of a shit

Neptune

It depends on how you feel about cultural appropriation, since that's what most (though not all, by any means) of the examples are. I think it's mostly bullshit, but I can see why others disagree. I don't really care about what Lady Gaga has or hasn't done either, but the point is don't selectively come for an artist for their supposed racism when literally every other major artist can be painted the same way!

tumblr_n5cv32Wd371tyvd17o1_400.gif

MrV4ltor

It depends on how you feel about cultural appropriation, since that's what most (though not all, by any means) of the examples are. I think it's mostly bullshit, but I can see why others disagree. I don't really care about what Lady Gaga has or hasn't done either, but the point is don't selectively come for an artist for their supposed racism when literally every other major artist can be painted the same way!

But did any of them ever go as far as to use the n-word to describe something as being bad/terrible and never aplogize for it? I don't think so.

Top Bottom