• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Frodo

Ray of Light should have more votes, though.

Lettuce be honest, Drowned World alone is >>>>>>>>>> your fave's career.

Neptune

tumblr_nz62dkiau41r7z66ao6_500.gif

Talent won, POPGAF redeemed.

tumblr_nz62dkiau41r7z66ao9_500.gif

at least art angels got in but god damn it at pure heroine :(

btw soulscribe sis pls tell me youre not doing the losers bracket... it would maybe be nice to have an "underrated POPGAF album" for the winner of the losers bracket but beyonce snatching the popgaf queen crown made no sense last time. some weird ass rock paper scissors shit that led to her beating out madge + gags despite losing really early on :p

Neptune

At this point I'll be pleasantly surprised if the final match-up isn't BEYONCÉ against Lemonade. Lord knows the most overrated automaton in the game has this thread under her Hypnotoad-like spell at the moment.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
you're all fucking sinners
not voting through blackout
for shame. I bet confessions will be voted out whilst ray of light gets to stay in too

as somebody mentioned lemonade, is the hive prepared to lose out to Beck at the grammys again? Wow is pretty good
edit; nevermind his album is dated 21st october so it wont be eligible

Frodo

you're all fucking sinners
not voting through blackout
for shame. I bet confessions will be voted out whilst ray of light gets to stay in too

as somebody mentioned lemonade, is the hive prepared to lose out to Beck at the grammys again? Wow is pretty good
edit; nevermind his album is dated 21st october so it wont be eligible

tbqf, sis, I seriously considered voting Blackout. But the thing is, Grimes does her own stuff herself. Britney shows up in the studio late one day and records 4 songs back to back just by reading the lyrics. The rest is done on Auto tune. If Britney doesn't show up, they call Ariana Grande, Nicole Sheweiouhasfiuhasidujasnkdnojoiger, or Chritina Aguilera because they all do Britney better than Britney. So, in the end, Grimes deserves going through.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Fame Monster and MBDTF.

Emotion is increasingly boring with songs barely sounding apart.

Bjork is dub step before dub step.

Floridian

Speaking of Beck, I played the majority of his discography today and whew, much better than mainstream pop. Anyway, vote Kanye/Carly & Bjork.

and lol @ Grime's 2nd/3rd best album with filler winning over fillerless Pure Heroine. smh

Ray of Light is safe. All is well.

Although both Blackout and Pure Heroine are far better than Grimes efforts. It winning is a black mark on POPGAF.

BRACKET B, ROUND 2
The living room was a dump. Every flat surface was smeared with uneaten snack foods, soda pop spillings, and hastily tossed candy wrappers. The carpet, though originally one solid color, has become patterned with stains. The kitchen was a cesspool, the bedroom reeked of mothballs, and every other corner of the dilapidated home seemed to have been neglected for months.
Except for his computer desk. Sitting regally in one corner of the living room was a pristine iMac with accompanying Magic Mouse, mounted on a crimson Ikea desk with egg white legs. This was his shrine, and a portal to the world he used to know.

He finally emerges from the bedroom, Monster drink in hand, yawning loudly. He slowly meanders over to his pantry and swings the narrow door open. Inside, hundreds of copies of Britney Jean sit stacked and unopened.

"My little darlings," he coos as he picks one up, staring sagaciously at the picture of Britney Spears on the cover. "One day they'll understand you." A single tear trickles down his face as he delicately places the sealed item back in its stack. He closes the door and makes his way to the desk.

As he wrestles over to the computer he brushes off mountains of trash with his hands, including unautographed Femme Fatale merchandise (she refused), Beyonce posters with her eyes colored in with red sharpie, and thousands upon thousands of his own crude illustrations of Chris Brown, most depicting him dressed in pastels or a suit, each one with the words "MY SWEET BOY" ominously scribbled across the page.

Finally at his desk, he logs in and immediately launches Google Chrome. "Let's see what's in the news today," he mutters sarcastically, as he hastily types in "n-e-o-g-a-f".

He silently clicks through page after page, regularly glancing at his username on the top right, grimacing each time. He wished so badly to switch it back, but knowing the ramifications surrounding his grand exit years prior, he knew better than to risk it. It was a constant fight in his head as he scrolled through the POPGAF pages, wanting so badly to reveal his truth but convincing himself more and more each time that a reveal wouldn't have the impact now that it once could have. He felt forgotten; washed away.

Now glass-eyed, he makes his way to page 12. Before he starts scrolling, something catches his eye in the first post. He springs back into focus and reads the last three words. Suddenly, he feels an electric shock down his spine, and his hands start sweating. His legs jubilantly kick in unison. It was a thrill he hadn't felt in a long, long time. Immediately he sits up, and reads the sentence again. He takes it in.

He reads it again.

And again.

Each time he reads those three words the electric jolt piles up inside. Pure happiness takes over, and a revitalized sense of purpose starts building once again. Perhaps it was time..?

Millions of thoughts swam in his head in that moment, and even though he knew this was a call to action, he pauses for a short while, then reclines into his chair with a peaceful smile. He wasn't forgotten. He'll never be washed away.

rhandino

Banned
BRACKET B, ROUND 2
The living room was a dump. Every flat surface was smeared with uneaten snack foods, soda pop spillings, and hastily tossed candy wrappers. The carpet, though originally one solid color, has become patterned with stains. The kitchen was a cesspool, the bedroom reeked of mothballs, and every other corner of the dilapidated home seemed to have been neglected for months.
Except for his computer desk. Sitting regally in one corner of the living room was a pristine iMac with accompanying Magic Mouse, mounted on a crimson Ikea desk with egg white legs. This was his shrine, and a portal to the world he used to know.

He finally emerges from the bedroom, Monster drink in hand, yawning loudly. He slowly meanders over to his pantry and swings the narrow door open. Inside, hundreds of copies of Britney Jean sit stacked and unopened.

"My little darlings," he coos as he picks one up, staring sagaciously at the picture of Britney Spears on the cover. "One day they'll understand you." A single tear trickles down his face as he delicately places the sealed item back in its stack. He closes the door and makes his way to the desk.

As he wrestles over to the computer he brushes off mountains of trash with his hands, including unautographed Femme Fatale merchandise (she refused), Beyonce posters with her eyes colored in with red sharpie, and thousands upon thousands of his own crude illustrations of Chris Brown, most depicting him dressed in pastels or a suit, each one with the words "MY SWEET BOY" ominously scribbled across the page.

Finally at his desk, he logs in and immediately launches Google Chrome. "Let's see what's in the news today," he mutters sarcastically, as he hastily types in "n-e-o-g-a-f".

He silently clicks through page after page, regularly glancing at his username on the top right, grimacing each time. He wished so badly to switch it back, but knowing the ramifications surrounding his grand exit years prior, he knew better than to risk it. It was a constant fight in his head as he scrolled through the POPGAF pages, wanting so badly to reveal his truth but convincing himself more and more each time that a reveal wouldn't have the impact now that it once could have. He felt forgotten; washed away.

Now glass-eyed, he makes his way to page 12. Before he starts scrolling, something catches his eye in the first post. He springs back into focus and reads the last three words. Suddenly, he feels an electric shock down his spine, and his hands start sweating. His legs jubilantly kick in unison. It was a thrill he hadn't felt in a long, long time. Immediately he sits up, and reads the sentence again. He takes it in.

He reads it again.

And again.

Each time he reads those three words the electric jolt piles up inside. Pure happiness takes over, and a revitalized sense of purpose starts building once again. Perhaps it was time..?

Millions of thoughts swam in his head in that moment, and even though he knew this was a call to action, he pauses for a short while, then reclines into his chair with a peaceful smile. He wasn't forgotten. He'll never be washed away.
8OnYnGq.gif

Neptune

I did when I voted for Homogenic and Emotion.

tumblr_n4rmtgFv1z1qkg5u5o1_250.gif
Your username lies, because clearly You Know Everything.

tumblr_n67io8Yo1M1qhd1kao8_500.gif

Homogenic and E-MO-TION are the only valid choices. Sure, The Fame Monster was cute for a minute nearly 7 years ago, but aside from "Bad Romance" and maybe "Alejandro", does anyone really use any of those songs anymore? Be honest with yourselves. Even Born This Way has a better case for the top spot than TFM.

No comment on that rap album that somehow scammed its way into a pop music album poll.

MrV4ltor

Tbh.... if The Fame Monster doesn't win this match handily then I've lost respect for all of you. Please endorse quality, thanks

You could just rig it.
I'm not saying you should, I'm just telling you that you could if you wanted to.

giphy.gif

Homogenic and E-MO-TION are the only valid choices. Sure, The Fame Monster was cute for a minute nearly 7 years ago, but aside from "Bad Romance" and maybe "Alejandro", does anyone really use any of those songs anymore? Be honest with yourselves. Even Born This Way has a better case for the top spot than TFM.

No comment on that rap album that somehow scammed its way into a pop music album poll.

200_s.gif

Not when Dance In The Dark, Monster, Speechless, So Happy I Could Die and the most iconic female collaboration of all time aka Telephone are also on that EP.
The only song I don't use regularly from TFM is Teeth, but that's still a good song. Very BTW.

Nasser

the g girl or whatever won over Lorde and Britney? Grats to her 4 fans! Probably popgaf is the only chart she could go top 10 in anyways.

tumblr_lhpw3gm04U1qf4oh6o1_400.gif

Neptune

the g girl or whatever won over Lorde and Britney? Grats to her 4 fans! Probably popgaf is the only chart she could go top 10 in anyways.

tumblr_lhpw3gm04U1qf4oh6o1_400.gif
Except, you know, pretty much every significant media outlet's lists of the best albums of 2015.

I tried looking for Britney Jean on any critics' lists for 2013, but no results found. Imagine that!

Z0aZ6.gif

I voted for Blackout too, but fuck Lorde.

Top Bottom