• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Your second finalist has been determined. Which R&B titan won out?

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNER - BEYONCE (Beyonce)
beyonce-visual-album-cover-400x400.jpg

Beyonce ended up trouncing Janet pretty handily this round, with the visual album holding strong at 75% for most of the game. After my second notification to vote however, we started to see much more support for Janet pour in. In the end it wasn't enough to pull a win.

BEYONCE - 65.2%
THE VELVET ROPE - 34.8%

History repeats itself as BEYONCE and MADONNA face off in the championship round! If you remember a few OTs ago, we had a diva tournament that ended with the same final showdown, so however you want to slice it, Beyonce and Madonna remain this community's definitive head bitches in charge. The other girls could NEVER.

Stay tuned for the final ballot. Thanks whores!

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

Here we are bitches. 32 albums waddled into this game, and only 2 remain:

cover.jpg

RAY OF LIGHT, a classic album that signaled a new beginning for music's greatest auteur, sent pop music into a new wave tailspin that legitimized creative risks and genre-hopping. It's an incredibly polished and soulful creation that hasn't seemed to age a day, and its influence on music is undeniable.

beyonce-cover-500x500-1.jpg

BEYONCE, the contemporary titan, which dropped out of nowhere three years ago and broke the boundaries of what pop music releases can be. The album fused incredibly introspective, progressive R&B soundscapes with an impeccable visual narrative, and its influence on the medium is also inarguable.

Whichever album you choose, there's no denying these two have earned their clout. Are you #TeamRayOfLight or #TeamSelfTitled?

Be sure to participate in the Community Awards as well, which is included in the link. I will announce those winners along with the tournament winner on Wednesday, July 6th. Hope you can make it! :)

VOTE HERE:
http://goo.gl/forms/dDLCCUL7Mf4jJQof1

VOTING ENDS
t1467831600z2.png

(I know, you get almost a full week this time. I'm letting this one marinate for a bit. What's the rush?)

beauty-beyonce-knowles-cute-gif-Favim.com-2872684.gif

<3

Why are you here and not playing TMS#FE?

That game is a slay

Persona vibes all round

After the tragic last round in me forgetting to vote, I finally voted! Unlike the youthful British population!

ny-hairfluff.gif

All the Gaga stans got my good taste vote!

tumblr_lylqhhCBIb1ql5s9xo1_400.gif

The non Gaga stans though...

anigif_original-grid-image-13798-1381764001-9.gif

Vazra got my vote, man was a lad when I was a junior and a good guy

I voted Beysus for best taste (we have the same three faves I think) and defaulted to a Britney fan for worst. Sorry :3

LEONA
for MVP

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
When I saw myself nominated
debce52892.gif

This was me when voting for Soulscribe
92941884d2.gif

When nominating Vazduh for best taste
ecc7921582.gif

When I had to nominate [redacted] for worst taste
9213eaceb6.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
you got my nomination
though if you nominate me for worst taste it shall be recanted

I didnt nominate you for worst taste. Afterall you did enjoy my playlist. (Gotta start thinking the direction I'll go with for next month tbh)
b276bf99de.gif

Mau ®

OMG people actually think I'm an MVP &#128525;

Honestly there's a lot of peeps here with super fine taste like Vazduh, Floridian, Yado, Cory, Geo... It's gonna be tough to vote for one.

Yado

I shouldn't have answered that, it's kind of mean. I mean it's one thing for me to tell someone their taste is shit, but for the entire community to say it...

Unless it's me
43bNrQB.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Augustine
Best of You
Better than Me
Desirée
Juicy 1-4

On constant repeat but I think that I could use the rest of the songs all day... Freetown Sound is really great.

Oh yeah, forgot to add Kanye, Jay-Z or another "urban" artist on that list to check the diversity quota. My bad!

SMDLpvd.gif
I'm so confused lol.

Also vote Beyoncé...she the best, there's a reason she was able to make history with that album. Dropping it out of fucking no where and breaking the Internet in 2013...I still remember conversations about it to this day!

royalan

*Watching the "Dammn Baby" music video*

Why can Janet Jackson pushing 50 move better than your faves that are literally half her age?

The Flop

Banned
I really think and want Rih to release "This is Acting Part II" with her singing Sia songs as Sia. Her best songs have been her pretending to be Sia.

Come through QUEEN.

I really think and want Rih to release "This is Acting Part II" with her singing Sia songs as Sia. Her best songs have been her pretending to be Sia.

Come through QUEEN.

The fact that Sia's 'Cheap Thrills' is still slaying to this day and gaining steam on the US charts!

Coming for ha numba Uno!

Legends only!

Top Bottom