• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Floridian

Yay @ me charting somewhat. I ain't mad at the winner, though I was rooting for ROL. Can we all agree that Beyonce's self titled is better than Lemonade?

Great Comp & host, even with ANTI being robbed at the beginning.

I'm going to see Queen B tomorrow! 😍

Enjoy sis! Have fun!

clappy.gif

cory64

Sledgehammer is Rihanna's 26th song since 2015 💀

FourFiveSeconds
Towards The Sun
As Real As Me and You
Dancing In The Dark
Bitch Better Have My Money
American Oxygen
James Joint
Goodnight Gotham
Work
Consideration
Kiss It Better
Desperado
Woo
Needed Me
Yeah, I Said It
Same Ol Mistakes
Never Ending
Love On The Brain
Higher
Close To You
Pose
Sex With Me
Too Good
This Is What You Came For
Nothing Is Promised
Sledgehammer

Floridian

Sledgehammer is Rihanna's 26th song since 2015 💀

FourFiveSeconds
Towards The Sun
As Real As Me and You
Dancing In The Dark
Bitch Better Have My Money
American Oxygen
James Joint
Goodnight Gotham
Work
Consideration
Kiss It Better
Desperado
Woo
Needed Me
Yeah, I Said It
Same Ol Mistakes
Never Ending
Love On The Brain
Higher
Close To You
Pose
Sex With Me
Too Good
This Is What You Came For
Nothing Is Promised
Sledgehammer

She made up for the 2015 drought.

Touchdown

Banned
WORST TASTE
WINNER: TOUCHDOWN

2nd Place (TIE): Vazra, pitster03
4th Place: B-Dex

Nothing puts a cap on this adventure better than a result like this. Much like his fave, Touchdown's polarizing presence is both a gift and a plague. We love you sis <3

Deal with the fact that I stan for a legend who makes real music and a singer who will always be more successful and talented than ANY of your faves past or present. Suck on that nugget and live with it because that's what real taste is. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers, may you all one day see the light.

821f30f9cf.gif

MANUELF

Banned
I see this community failed once again, Beyawnce alias Thiefyonce won and neither of my votes for best taste or worst taste did, they arent even in the top 4 places >.>

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So happy Beyoncé won...best birthday gift ever!

not really, I got a lot more cool stuff from my gal and my fam.

What do you wanna wear this spring?
What do you think is the new thing?
What do you wanna wear this season?
Donatella

Cause she walks so bad, like it feels so good
Listen to her radiate her magic
Even though she knows she's misunderstood
Voodoo, Voodoo, Voo-Don-Na-Na

3phemeral

What do you wanna wear this spring?
What do you think is the new thing?
What do you wanna wear this season?
Donatella

Cause she walks so bad, like it feels so good
Listen to her radiate her magic
Even though she knows she's misunderstood
Voodoo, Voodoo, Voo-Don-Na-Na

This is like B-Movie Pop music. It's so bad, it's good.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Calvin Harris allegedly making a song about the cheating ex Taylor Swift called "Ole" and it's written from Tom Hiddleston's POV. The lyrics make it clear ... Calvin believes Taylor had hooked up with Tom way before she broke up with him.
One lyric goes, "I see online that you begun to be a good girl and take trips with your boyfriend. Being attentive, continue to pretend ...If that wasn't clear enough, the song goes on ... "You've hidden my name in your phone so you can call me to tell me you've been going through hell. Left him alone and you booked in a hotel."

And, using Tom's famous 'Thor' character Loki, the song goes on, "Low key you won't tell none of your friends about me."

Our Calvin sources say he has no animus towards Tom ... he feels he's under Taylor's spell, and the one who made the fateful decisions was her and her alone.

The pic below was taken in Mexico last week with John Newman, the singer on the track. They shot the music video south of the border.
AjxDrXA.jpg

Song drops tomorrow

Phreaker

I'm hooked on Wherever I Go, by OneRepublic. Does anyone recognize the chord progression in the chorus (after he says "I know I could lie, but I'm telling the truth at 1:41 in the video") ? It's driving me crazy, it sounds so familiar.

The Moment I Knew is probably Taylor's most underrated song.

Innocent, too. There are only a handful of songs that can genuinely make me start tearing up, and that's one of them.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I like this. This is good.

The Moment I Knew is probably Taylor's most underrated song.

Innocent, too. There are only a handful of songs that can genuinely make me start tearing up, and that's one of them.

You just made me realize that I never bought/listened to the Red deluxe tracks. Downloading now...thanks! But I'll have to disagree about "Innocent." There are Taylor Swift songs that have made me sad over the years (White Horse, All Too Well, etc.), but "Innocent" is not one of them. Maybe it's the fact that it's about Kanye and it had that awkward public debut.

You just made me realize that I never bought/listened to the RED deluxe tracks. Downloading now...thanks! But I'll have to disagree about "Innocent." There are Taylor Swift songs that have made me sad over the years (White Horse, All Too Well, etc.), but "Innocent" is not one of them. Maybe it's the fact that it's about Kanye and it had that awkward public debut.
The Moment I Knew is really the only deluxe track that I care for from Red.

I had totally forgotten that Innocent was inspired by Kanye, lmao. I have my own interpretation of the song/lyrics that relate to me personally, so I guess that's why it makes me get a little emotional. That's what I tend to do with most songs, actually.

rhandino

Banned
PD6a7fE.gif
J-POP EMERGENCY
PD6a7fE.gif

Utada Hikaru (aka. unofficial Empress of Japan) will release her 6th studio album to on 28th of September. No name has been announced so far but you can already pre-order the thing.

Hide your faves, prepare for the overflow of feels and pray that S-E don't be a flop company and hire her to make a new Kingdom Hearts song T_T

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm here for Calvin Harris going all Taylor Swift before she has the chance to.
Not sure it will go well for him given that Taylor (and Tom's) fanbase is huge but good luck to him

I'm also here for BEYONCÉ winning over Ray of Light.
Though, obviously, I think Madonna is the better artist with the better discography, videography, tourography and has undeniably contributed more to music than Miss B, Ray of Light never clicked with me outside of a few tracks whilst I can still feel the heart palpitations the Beyoncé release gave me.
Haunted, Partition and ***Flawless are all career standouts for Beyonce for me and other than the heinous[/] No Angel and Superpower the rest of the album is good to great.
Blue-Ivy-Beyonce-Formation-Music-Video-Pictures.jpg

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The Moment I Knew is really the only deluxe track that I care for from Red.

I had totally forgotten that Innocent was inspired by Kanye, lmao. I have my own interpretation of the song/lyrics that relate to me personally, so I guess that's why it makes me get a little emotional. That's what I tend to do with most songs, actually.

That makes sense. I do that, too. "Dear John" is probably the Swift song I did the most #sorelatable with, despite it being about John Mayer. Though "Never Grow Up" is good for a "WHY AM I OLD" every now and then.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lol just listened to the Calvin Harris x John Newman song Olé. Google it cause I found it on a site with download link so I cant link it.

My review:
MTUdBxF.gif

Top Bottom