• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Nasser

I'm kind of surprised Gaga didn't end up on it.

they only wanted people with talent

THIS is how you fucking do it!!!!!
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

yet people say Mariah "lost" her voice. damn
jonny_zpsc73391c5.png
jonny_zpsc73391c5.png
jonny_zpsc73391c5.png
jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

B-Dex

JLo's single will be better than broken knees. Lin Manuel Miranda feature.

WaiT. JLonalso on that hands track. Botch going crazy with benefit singles.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Song for Orlando is a slay
annoyingly can't seem to be able to buy it in the uk

rhandino

Banned
A "Demi Lovato flicked my Vagina" T

Anyway, I am obssesed withe this Tegan and Sarah new album because it is so fucking good and I listen to it every day while going to work.

It's so refreshing to have a good dose of quality stimulating my inner ear in the mornings.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
An unreliable source from UK (Daily Star) is saying Gaga will open the VMA's with a new single. I wish this were true and Katy were to close the awards for a 2013 Roar Vs Applause Pt.2. Sadly Daily Star has a shit reputation from what I gather.

An unreliable source from UK (Daily Star) is saying Gaga will open the VMA's with a new single. I wish this were true and Katy were to close the awards for a 2013 Roar Vs Applause Pt.2. Sadly Daily Star has a shit reputation from what I gather.

Finally...

vwMin.gif

EDIT: oops slay at my steak thread having the impacT

Ugh, I think the momentum and music will be on Gaga's side this time but I still worry about the good sis.

If she actually releases RealMusic then it won't matter how she fares against Katy Spears. RealMusic always wins.

rhandino

Banned
But rumors and that one leak seem to imply that Katy is also going the RealMusic route too.~

This Gaga vs Katheryn Vol. 2 has the potential to be more exciting than their albums tbh

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
But rumors and that one leak seem to imply that Katy is also going the RealMusic route too.~

This Gaga vs Katheryn Vol. 2 has the potential to be more exciting than their albums tbh

After "Witness" Katy has me interested

EDIT: Ciara getting married today. That seemed a bit fast but get it girl.

Frodo

I'm listening to Broods new album, recommendation of WhereAreMahDragons (if I'm not wrong), and you guys should give it a try, really. There isn't a single bad track.

Mau ®

I have a feeling Self-Titled will win and it really doesn't deserve it.

The damn album opens with Pretty Hurts ffs 🚮 And closes with Blue 🚮

Meanwhile Ray of Light opens with a fucking slay "song Drowned World/ Substitute for Love" and closes with Mer Girl. Like no girl could ever.

smh at this recentism.

Neptune

Vote for perennial quality.

PHOTO_10686124_119720_8630635_main.gif

Vote for a certified critical and commercial smash.

giphy.gif

Vote for the career peak of pop's greatest living legend.

giphy.gif

Make the right decision.

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

76 gaffers voted in the final round of the tournament, where BEYONCE and RAY OF LIGHT faced off after 19 contentious rounds.
Counting those votes and the ones you’ve cast throughout, your TOP TEN ALBUMS are below.

32. Back to Basics
31. 1989
30. The 20/20 Experience
29. 25
28. Body Talk
27. Erotica
26. The Emancipation of Mimi
25. FROOT
24. 4
23. LP1
22. Teenage Dream
21. ANTi
20. The Fame
19. Ultraviolence
18. Born To Die
17. Daydream
16. Rhythm Nation 1814
15. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
14. Back to Black
13. Born This Way
12. Pure Heroine
11. Lemonade

10. BLACKOUT (Britney Spears) - 93 votes
blackout.jpg

9. HOMOGENIC (Bjork) - 100 votes
Bjork_-_Homogenic_album_cover.jpg

8. THE FAME MONSTER (Lady Gaga) - 101 votes
The_Fame_Monster.jpg

7. HOW BIG, HOW BLUE, HOW BEAUTIFUL (Florence + The Machine) - 104 votes
133297-L-LO.jpg

6. CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR (Madonna) - 105 votes
10629.jpg

5. ART ANGELS (Grimes) - 109 votes
156807-L-LO.jpg

4. THE VELVET ROPE (Janet Jackson) - 114 votes
blagfz85zts9dl1jgxgm.jpg

3. E.MO.TION (Carly Rae Jepsen) - 178 votes**
t267589223-i1008306847_s400.jpg

2. RAY OF LIGHT (Madonna) - 163 votes**
9d0135d911b691369ec9b0398ffd8d9fee0fe8c1.jpg

WINNER: BEYONCE (Beyonce) - 223 votes
beyonce-visual-album-cover-400x400.jpg

yonce.gif

beyonce-1.gif

Is Beyonce the queen of POPGAF? Ummmmmm yeah. We can say that now. Unequivocally.

Capture_zpsdxtya1uz.png

giphy.gif

**Even though Ray of Light ascended further in the tournament, E-MO-TION received more votes overall. A Bush v Gore tea. Looking forward to Carly's impending documentary about climate change.

Com%20awards_zpsdeqmv97o.png

WARNING: Shade below. Check your sunglasses at the door.

COMMUNITY MVP
WINNER: SOULSCRIBE

2nd Place: Leona Lewis
3rd Place: Touchdown

Honestly wasn't expecting to win this and I probably shouldn't have kept my name in, but I appreciate your votes and I love you all :3 More fittingly, Leona and Touchdown (aka our two moms) get a brief moment of well earned glory. Soak in it, boys.
Capturea_zpsrn1ddsys.png

BEST TASTE
WINNER: VAZDUH

2nd Place: Leona Lewis
3rd Place: Geo
4th Place (TIE): Cory64, Floridian, You Know Nothing

Congrats to the good sis Vazduh for slaying us with top-tier music recommendations! And congrats to the other sistren for contributing their superior tastes to the community. To echo a true statement:

Vazduh_zpsfcz7jtmf.png

WORST TASTE
WINNER: TOUCHDOWN

2nd Place (TIE): Vazra, pitster03
4th Place: B-Dex

Nothing puts a cap on this adventure better than a result like this. Much like his fave, Touchdown's polarizing presence is both a gift and a plague. We love you sis <3

Touchdown_zps0qbfawnj.png

Whew! Thanks for playing! Time to be productive at work again. <3

rhandino

Banned
POPGAF was redeemed!!!

uhReX9T.gif

I have to say that the overall top 10 is pretty much everything, not a single bad or polarizing album there. Slay!

And those MVP and Best Taste winners are on point! Keep doing good work even if I only leech of all your recommendations =3

... that being said how can you say that a Godriah Carey has bad taste? Fix yourself people!

gmyZb5k.gif

Vazra/Bayonetta being tied with the 5WhoreMoney stan in 2nd place? What in the world...

zmnjL0Y.gif

Top Bottom