• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Aguila

#ICONIC
Wow, Charli's sex dungeon sleazy brand of PC Music shits all over Carly's brand of PC Music. Slay!

bye, they shit alongside each other.

Anyway. Did ya'll know Carly is working with Noonie Bao (helped with Run Away With Me + lots of Charli's songs), Patrik Berger (helped with Dancing On My Own, Off To The Races, + also lots of Charli's songs), and Avant from Bloodshy and Avant for her next album.

And she's going for disco-inspired sound.

We aren't ready.

tumblr_md5g9e6A1n1qbqb0j.gif

Let me dive in.

Xqra7nh.gif

MANUELF

Banned
Amnesia, Quicksand, Phonography, Rock Me In, Trouble - Circus's bonus tracks are some of Briney's best. I need B9 to be on that level.

Her Bonus Tracks NEVER dissapoint
Everybody and Get Back from Blackout
Phonography, Rock Me In, Rock Boy, Amnesia and Quicksand from Circus
Up n Down, He About To Lose Me, Dont Keep Me Waiting and Scary from Femme Fatale
Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight and Now That I Found You from Britney Jean

They ALL are great

Up n Down, He About To Lose Me, Dont Keep Me Waiting and Scary from Femme Fatale
Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight and Now That I Found You from Britney Jean

They ALL are great
That is very true. Circus could have formed a really strong EP with the bonus tracks alone, but Britney has always had stellar bonus tracks. Even back with Oops when she had Heart, which I know a lot of people dislike, but I love that it perfectly embodies the cheesiness of late-90s teen ballads. Her cover of You Got It All was decent, too. Then we got the heavenly Before the Goodbye with Britney. I think I'm starting to get more excited for the B9 bonus tracks than I am the album itself, lmao.

Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that, you know, and, um, be faithful in what happens.

Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that, you know, and, um, be faithful in what happens.

The president seems really cool and very interesting.

(I'm not sure if your comment was a Britney homage or not, but I'm making it one.)

Frodo

So, wait... Chandelier was not a #1? I thought that was a given considering how much it played all around. I'm all in for Cheap thrills to be her first #1 then, even if it is not my favourite song from her. Let me play it.

I went to a party today and they played Lucky by Knee (when she was good) and I got my life to it

Tragic

It's okay to bop to old Britney, tho?

I fried listening to Phonography but it's not on Spotify or Tidal or even iTunes unless I buy the whole album and I'm not here to listen to 480p versions on YouTube.

Thanks Brit

DNC in shambles. What a mess!

Also, I want to watch Sia on tour.
Originally Posted by @VABVOX

Food trucks are lined up for the Berners who are still not here for the demonstrations that were supposed to be at 8 & 11.
#DemConvention

Current protest is about 20 people.
Placards "Hillary for Prison 2016" & "Bern for President."
Permits were for 30k & 55k
#DemsInPhilly
Yes... Shambles...

Mau ®;211207503 said:
Remember when ya'll gave Touchdown the award for worst taste?

Bet ya'll feel different now.

That was "worst taste", not "supports racism".

Though in hindsight maybe I should've clarified.

So, wait... Chandelier was not a #1? I thought that was a given considering how much it played all around. I'm all in for Cheap thrills to be her first #1 then, even if it is not my favourite song from her. Let me play it.
Chandelier had some really rough competition. Even though it was released in March, it didn't pick up steam until a few months later, similar to Cheap Thrills. However, once Chandelier became a hit, it started charting alongside the likes of Rude, Stay With Me, and Fancy. Not to mention All About That Bass was also quickly moving it's way to the top around the same time, completely obliterating any relevance of other charting songs. Sia was robbed back then, but she's getting her vengeance now.

Mau ®

The funny thing is "Chandelier" still gets very good rotation while those other songs have all but vanished from people's streaming playlists and radio selections.

Well, "Stay With Me" still seems to be the go-to song for people who just broke up. Blergh.

Frodo

Chandelier had some really rough competition. Even though it was released in March, it didn't pick up steam until a few months later, similar to Cheap Thrills. However, once Chandelier became a hit, it started charting alongside the likes of Rude, Stay With Me, and Fancy. Not to mention All About That Bass was also quickly moving it's way to the top around the same time, completely obliterating any relevance of other charting songs. Sia was robbed back then, but she's getting her vengeance now.

Thanks for the history titbit. :)

Mau ®;211215378 said:
The funny thing is "Chandelier" still gets very good rotation while those other songs have all but vanished from people's streaming playlists and radio selections.

Well, "Stay With Me" still seems to be the go-to song for people who just broke up. Blergh.

True. Chandelier still plays everywhere. Queen of longevity.

Cheap Thrills is her most successful song to date

Hopefully she gets ha first number one!!!!

The fact that the basic white boy Sam Shit robbed Sia for her GRAMMY is UNFORGIVABLE!!!!

bh6Q3hU.gif

Mau ®

The fact this community forgot Sia made music prior to "1000 forms of fear" is more worrying tbh. Like she has yet to make a song better than "Breathe Me". She probably never will. Fame and fortune robbed her of her emotional depth.

Mau ®;211216638 said:
The fact this community forgot Sia made music prior to "1000 forms of fear" is more worrying tbh. Like she has yet to make a song better than "Breathe Me". She probably never will. Fame and fortune robbed her of her emotional depth.
Buttons is still probably one of, if not my absolute, favourite Sia song. Everything she's done from Colour the Small One onward is fantastic, consistent quality.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;211216638 said:

I actually dont enjoy most of her newer stuff for most of the part. I like Soon We'll Be Found, Buttons, Breathe Me and her other material is way better than the modern tstuff.

Mau ®

So I just heard Katheryn's "Rise".

Even when she's trying to do "real music" she's terrible. What a waste of an interesting M83-ish instrumental. smh.

30d67b4f85.png

MANUELF

Banned
Mau ®;211216638 said:

She has yet to top Titanium

They ALL are great

Speaking of Bonus Tracks...

What does PopGAF think of the BEST BONUS tracks on an album that SHOULDVE been on the Standard addition?

For me, Lana's 'Black Beauty' and 'Is This Happiness' are amazing Bonus tracks!

Gaga's Disco Heaven is great too!

What other unrecognised pop gems do you popgaffers think?

5H-1463966555.gif

Speaking of Bonus Tracks...

What does PopGAF think of the BEST BONUS tracks on an album that SHOULDVE been on the Standard addition?

For me, Lana's 'Black Beauty' and 'Is This Happiness' are amazing Bonus tracks!

Gaga's Disco Heaven is great too!

What other unrecognised pop gems do you popgaffers think?

5H-1463966555.gif
Florida Kilos from UV. idk wtf Lana was thinking leaving it out of the Standard edition

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;211207503 said:
Remember when ya'll gave Touchdown the award for worst taste?

Bet ya'll feel different now.

You know what now that you mention it I'd like to know why all of you hews chose me for that btw. I'm PROUD that I don't stan for the racist J Slow or the 90 year old perv Madussa.

e0bcec73fc.gif

Mariah's catalogue is leaps and bounds better than a lot of artists that are stanned for up in here, not to mention she's the artist with the most hit songs to ha name. Plus I enjoy a little rih rih once in a blue moon, and some alt rock on occasion. Oh! and Sia and P!nk as well. And Clarkson can be good for a bop or two every once in a while. So you all can take your "taste" and shove it up your gaping holes.

tumblr_myptqo6q321sasmgio3_400.gif

Top Bottom