• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Nasser

eh, it's a community thread. there's no rules about off topic discussions in community threads as long as the majority of discussion is about the main topic (which it still is)

I try to refrain from talking about politics since usually people start attacking the person not the idea. I know many people get banned on PoliGaf

anyways buy Make Me on iTunes.

Vazduh

Now that's a tough question! I honestly can't think of any songs similar to Pure Shores, other than a couple William Orbit-produced songs (circa '00s, like his remix of U2's Electrical Storm, Madonna and Ricky Martin's duet etc.) None have the melody, but most have that slighty trippy production.

Speaking of slightly trippy summery songs, I'd recommend most of Kelli Ali's (the original vocalist of Sneaker Pimps) first album, Tigermouth, which was produced by Rick Nowels/Marius de Vries (both worked on Madonna's Ray of Light and Smell C's Northern Star).

Kelli_Ali_Tigermouth.jpg

Kelli Ali - Here Comes The Summer
Kelli Ali - Sunlight In The Rain
Kelli Ali - Teardrop Hittin' The Ground
Kelli Ali - Angel in L.A.

anyone know songs with a similar sound to pure shores by all saints?
Have you listened to any of All Saints' other material? They have a pretty unique sound heard across their first two albums. If not, they are definitely worth looking into if you enjoy Pure Shores, which was created for Saints & Sinners before being picked up for The Beach OST. If you are looking for a new. If you're looking for something more modern, Easily by Grimes is reminiscent of All Saints' sound - not particularly Pure Shores, though. Goodbye To Yesterday kind of has the melodic charm of Pure Shores, but with a heavier pop production. There might be some songs on Madonna's Ray of Light too, including the title track, that sound similar to Pure Shores. But seriously, you need to listen to All Saints' first two albums. They are incredible.

Nasser

Cheap thrills is so bad I can't believe people are jamming to it. It was a Rihanna reject right? It's garbage I can't believe Sia has the possibility to have her first #1 with it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Cheap Thrills is good. If it hits #1, I'll be happy for Sia.

Koodo

Banned
Remember the days when the little periods where the worst thing to grace this community.

I suppose people will always find a way to become worse, like some of your faves.

225145_600.gif

Majmun

Cheap thrills is so bad I can't believe people are jamming to it. It was a Rihanna reject right? It's garbage I can't believe Sia has the possibility to have her first #1 with it.

A Rihanna reject that is performing better than current three Rihanna singles.

Sia's POWER

I'm not loo-

The fact that you are at all swayed by blatantly bigoted rhetoric, let alone from an obsessive con artist who is knowingly tapping into your own stupidity to get votes, is wholly problematic and frankly really fucking gross.

It boggles my mind that people still fall for dictatorial rhetoric 101. It is so quintessentially textbook at this point, but apparently some folks still bite.

The fact that you are at all swayed by blatantly bigoted rhetoric, let alone from an obsessive con artist who is knowingly tapping into your own stupidity to get votes, is wholly problematic and frankly really fucking gross.

It boggles my mind that people still fall for dictatorial rhetoric 101. It is so quintessentially textbook at this point, but apparently some folks still bite.
You really can't expect a lot from 5th Harmony stans sis this shouldn't surprise you.

rhandino

Banned
I'm not look at any news site to see how the DNC screwed over Sanders.

Sanders could have easily beaten Trump, but now that Hill Failblog Liary Clinton is in the running the campaign is on.
kAvosIm.gif

I guess that this level of delusion is required if you are a 5th Hewmany.

royalan

READ

Top Bottom