• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Nasser

Sweeeeet! Can't wait to hear it!

No Knee slander is allowed girlies!

tumblr_lxcmtotZjN1qfzlnzo3_250.gif

rhandino

Banned
I would love to participate but I have my English game is not on point rn (it has been like 2 years since I spoke English in a regular basis at work).

Anyway I hope the podcast is a thing and I expect a half-hour analysis of Soulscribe about how Check to Check changed the Jazz scene when it dropped while all the other involved start asking him for nudes or something

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I would love to participate but I have my English game is not on point rn (it has been like 2 years since I spoke English in a regular basis at work).

Anyway I hope the podcast is a thing and I expect a half-hour analysis of Soulscribe about how Check to Check changed the Jazz scene when it dropped while all the other involved start asking him for nudes or something

Lol I would be a guest tbh. I dont know if I'll get shy when recording or something. >.>

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can't imagine you being shy tbh 🌝

LOL one thing is gaf , another is me being drunk on GAF and me IRL sober trying to do a podcast and talking in English which I dont do as often as I would like. My vocaroo posts pretty much show my accent through it and who knows how well I will interact with others. :p

Your English writing is on point tho

You Spanish? I saw you post in Spanish so was just wondering :p

Nasser

I would love to participate but as a straight man I don't know a much about pop music! I barely know about Britney and that's pretty much it

I just discovered Robyn's album Body Talk (2010) and it's so good 😩😩😩

Ok, so far we have:

Touchdown
Vazra
Soulsis
Beef
Leona
anyone else?

ready to move forward.

So as not to spam this thread until the podcast is ready, what venue should we discuss the particulars in? Skype, Google, carrier pigeon...?

Maybe PM me with your ideas for how we should handle the logistics and such. We'll need at least a little bit of planning and delegating so it's only intentionally fuckery-filled and not a technical dumpster fire :p

Ok, so far we have:

Touchdown
Vazra
Soulsis
Beef
Leona
anyone else?

ready to move forward.

So as not to spam this thread until the podcast is ready, what venue should we discuss the particulars in? Skype, Google, carrier pigeon...?

Maybe PM me with your ideas for how we should handle the logistics and such. We'll need at least a little bit of planning and delegating so it's only intentionally fuckery-filled and not a technical dumpster fire :p

Make sure the person recording it is able to properly edit the audio. Podcasts, no matter how professional, always have an editor to cut out white noise, dead air, etc.

I have no idea how podcasts work, most have the speakers in the same room right? I dunno how polished we'll sound all Skyping in. I think we will need someone to contribute some editing skills either way.

I'll PM you ideas for segments n such once I get my shit together. :p

I have no idea how podcasts work, most have the speakers in the same room right? I dunno how polished we'll sound all Skyping in. I think we will need someone to contribute some editing skills either way.

I'll PM you ideas for segments n such once I get my shit together. :p
I'll send a mass PM tonight to all interested parties with juicy deets.

Phreaker

474TR0G.jpg
Madonna,_debut_album_cover.png
qPzpEZA.jpg

33 Years ago today Madonna changed pop music and what it means to be a pop star forever with the release of her self titled debut album. Her synth-laden dance/pop sound and fashion trends have inspired many, including your faves. She went on to dominate the 80s, 90s and 00s as a global fashion, cultural, and pop icon. Her debut quintuple platinum album hit its Billboard 200 peak over a year after its release. The album had legs and five hit singles, including the debut single that started it all for her, Everybody. If you have not listened to the album in full I implore you to do so, for without it your faves would cease to exist.

Album Links:
Spotify
Apple Music
iTunes

Song Ratings:
Lucky Star - ****
Borderline - ****
Burning Up - *****
I Know It - ***
Holiday - *****
Think of Me - ****
Physical Attraction - *****
Everybody - *****

Videos (in order of release):
Everybody (1982)
Burning Up (1983)
Borderline (1984)
Lucky Star (1984)

The album gets 5 stars and should be on any Most Iconic Pop Album list until the end of time.

The Flop

Banned
I'm down to join the podCAST as well as a guest spot.

Also I won't be able to stomach CBB if Frankie Grande is on it. Delete it Fat.

Frodo

474TR0G.jpg
Madonna,_debut_album_cover.png
qPzpEZA.jpg

33 Years ago today Madonna changed pop music and what it means to be a pop star forever with the release of her self titled debut album. Her synth-laden dance/pop sound and fashion trends have inspired many, including your faves. She went on to dominate the 80s, 90s and 00s as a global fashion, cultural, and pop icon. Her debut quintuple platinum album hit its Billboard 200 peak over a year after its release. The album had legs and five hit singles, including the debut single that started it all for her, Everybody. If you have not listened to the album in full I implore you to do so, for without it your faves would cease to exist.

Album Links:
Spotify
Apple Music
iTunes

Song Ratings:
Lucky Star - ****
Borderline - ****
Burning Up - *****
I Know It - ***
Holiday - *****
Think of Me - ****
Physical Attraction - *****
Everybody - *****

Videos (in order of release):
Everybody (1982)
Burning Up (1983)
Borderline (1984)
Lucky Star (1984)

The album gets 5 stars and should be on any Most Iconic Pop Album list until the end of time.

vgHFdjK.gif

Your faves can only try.

They will still be reductive.

tWn7ni8.gif

KBal676.gif

Vazduh

Random, but here's a cheesy robotic "popgaf" soundbyte if you guys want to use it for the podcast intro or sth like that.
If you don't, that's also fine, I did it because I was bored for a bit :D

I actually wanted to make a jingle with Googoosha's "How Dare" or something equally iconic playing in the background, but that would be just too much work lol.

Phreaker

Madonna is overrated, but still. a good album

for her though, it was bottom 3 until she released those unspeakable tragedies after hard candy

It's one of my favorites from her tbh. I really love the album. I never was a huge True Blue fan, but damn if it wasn't her best selling album by a long shot - 25,000,000 world wide. (not counting The Immaculate Collection)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
How about a podcast intro that spells out POPGAF with the same rhythm and notes that Gaga spells ARTPOP? PO-PG-AF.
Hehe

Decarabia

Just fyi, Skype is a bit messy when it comes to podcasts. I think you need to use a third party plugin to get it to work, and it tends to make the one recording barely audible.

Unfortunately, I don't really know what to recommend. Team Speak works well, but I think you need to rent a server (or know a friend who does and ask him to let you in). Discord is also a thing, but I'm not sure you can use it to record podcasts. Google had a voice chat app as well but it probably uses G+ so :/

llehuty

I think the way to go if you want a good quality podcast is with each one recording their mic feed independently (with something like Audacity) while having a skype call and then someone mixing everything together. Recording should begin at the same time for everyone for easier editing.

This will however consume some time, since it would probably need adjusting levels and stuff like that. It will also depend on how long you want the podcast to be and if you want to add background music, interludes, etc.

Touchdown

Banned
Just fyi, Skype is a bit messy when it comes to podcasts. I think you need to use a third party plugin to get it to work, and it tends to make the one recording barely audible.

Unfortunately, I don't really know what to recommend. Team Speak works well, but I think you need to rent a server (or know a friend who does and ask him to let you in). Discord is also a thing, but I'm not sure you can use it to record podcasts. Google had a voice chat app as well but it probably uses G+ so :/

Hmm good to know. I have a Ventrillo server that I have access to that we could use but that would require everyone to download ventrillo. :/

Mau ®

Oomf on Twitter is desperate to find so someone to go with him to the Mariah concert.

Mexico only knows of Mariah because she fated Luis Miguel lol

Top Bottom