• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I trust in Leona and you all to make that podcast happen.

Or we can do the spanish podcast and talk about Lana del Rey future projects and yow much Artpop Vol. 2 is going to slay.

Despues de Luna De Miel no se que esperar de Lana.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
(I refuse to memorise that nickname and screw it up)

It's just a male four-way.
I have no idea if that's what he was going for, but if you take MSM and run with it...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Oh...hahahahaha.

Also, from your earlier post on Ke$ha, how do 28 songs fulfill her contract?

For nearly four years now, she has remained bound to Dr. Luke and his Kemosabe label under Sony Music and has released no new music while the courtroom drama plays out. But in the past month, Kesha’s legal team says she has submitted 28 new songs, recorded at her own expense, in order to fulfill her contractual obligations.

Wasn't the contract for 5 albums and she's only done 2? Or does her Deconstructed album count as one? Either way, are those 28 songs supposed to be divided up into 2-3 albums and released simultaneously? I wonder how many of them are about hating a certain M.D...

Vazra

Oh...hahahahaha.

Also, from your earlier post on Ke$ha, how does 28 songs fulfill her contract?

Wasn't the contract for 5 albums and she's only done 2? Or does her Deconstructed album count as one? Either way, are those 28 songs supposed to be divided up into 2-3 albums and released simultaneously? I wonder how many of them are about hating a certain M.D...

I think she has 6 albums left to record. So that means the contract was 8. If those 28 tracks are split on 2 discs then she would have 4 left so still ways to go and we know not all the songs will make it to the album or albums.

Also, do we have any news on how the podcast recording went?
um...

latest

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think she has 6 albums left to record. So that means the contract was 8. If those 28 tracks are split on 2 discs then she would have 4 left so still ways to go and we know not all the songs will make it to the album or albums.

Article says this:

Per the exclusive recording contract she signed in 2005 when she was 18, Kesha must deliver five albums for Dr. Luke before their arrangement is terminated. Until she delivers three more, she could be locked into the contract for life.

I just don't get how 28 songs are supposed to fulfill the contract. Unless those 28 are for one album (with some inevitably getting cut) and then she'll just keep going until she puts them all out.

Vazra

Article says this:

I just don't get how 28 songs are supposed to fulfill the contract. Unless those 28 are for one album (with some inevitably getting cut) and then she'll just keep going until she puts them all out.

Albums usually are 12-15 tracks and if Luke doesn't feel the songs to be fit for release they wont make it out and more work will have to be done. Usually a lot of songs tend to be cut before actually dropping an album. There is a lot of artists out there with demos and unreleased songs from different eras. I wonder if Luke will mess with her to make the process slow.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Albums usually are 12-15 tracks and if Luke doesn't feel the songs to be fit for release they wont make it out and more work will have to be done. Usually a lot of songs tend to be cut before actually dropping an album. There is a lot of artists out there with demos and unreleased songs from different eras. I wonder if Luke will mess with her to make the process slow.

That's what I was thinking. He could cut a disproportionate number of songs and then say, "This isn't enough for an album." I have to imagine he wants her out of his life, though. Or I guess he could be seeking revenge.

Yep, disgusting.

Jeez, this painful LG5 wait has made me pissy lately. Apologies to all the basic pop acts I've shaded. My fix just hasn't arrived on time is all. :(

Recently she has been in and out of the studio which means she must be putting the finishing touches on LG5!

Also she has been filming haself, maybe for a documentary? Slay

I say this every month but I'm sure of it that August is the beginning of LG5

MrV4ltor

lol, no she isn't.

with gaga, the documentary/behind the scenes thing never comes out. we'll be lucky if the thing she's even WORKING on comes out. :/

She's definitely filming it at the moment. Who knows if it will actually be released lol
Still waiting for that ARTPOP bts movie. Maybe she'll put them both together or splice some footage from the ARTPOP era into the new movie.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Honestly I'm not even sure why you guys are that excited for her "5th" album. She hasn't been good since The Fame Monster. Born This Way was bad, ArtPop was worse. Also she's been focusing on acting and random stuff ever since. The public has moved on, and she will probably not be a chart topper ever again. She has the career of someone like Mariah or Madonna or Britney...an older has-been whose fans only buy the albums.

Honestly I'm not even sure why you guys are that excited for her "5th" album. She hasn't been good since The Fame Monster. Born This Way was bad, ArtPop was worse. Also she's been focusing on acting and random stuff ever since. The public has moved on, and she will probably not be a chart topper ever again. She has the career of someone like Mariah or Madonna or Britney...an older has-been whose fans only buy the albums.
in your opinion

but it doesn't matter if she's a chart topper, I genuinely just miss her music. I miss her voice, her lyrics, her videos... I just want her to come back. I'm not expecting her to slay anything commercially. even Katy is having trouble with Rise, so gaga probably has no chance unless whatever her lead single is is literally the best song she's ever made.

MrV4ltor

On what planet was BTW bad?
Heavy Metal Lover aka Gaga's best song was on there, sooo......
Y'all make it so easy to remind me of why I left this landfill for the much superior atrl.

On what planet was BTW bad?
Heavy Metal Lover aka Gaga's best song was on there, sooo......
Y'all make it so easy to remind me of why I left this landfill for the much superior atrl.

ATRL is even worse than here tbh but yeah BTW wasn't as bad as some make it out to be.

BORN THIS WAY IS AMAZING!!!!!!

tumblr_mwdbi2842W1sh83uio1_500.gif

When will any of your faves release an album that got banned in several countries?
NEVER!!!
When will any of your faves have so much hype for such an anticipated album?
NEVER!!!!
When will any of your faves sell WELL over two million first week WW, except Adele?
NEVER!!!

Born This Way spent 6 WEEKS at #1, your faves tried
Marry The Night is more superior and fresh sounding than any other thing your faves tried, ESPECIALLY the OSCAR WINNING VIDEO
GOVERNMENT Hooker slays
Heavy Metal Lover is GAGA's best song and is still so current
Electric Chapel is a masterpiece
ScheiBe is the best thing on that album
Bloody Mary is a majestic beautiful Real Music TM song
Bad Kids is a bop
Americano is one hell of a crazy song that was an instant hit and could've been huge on radio ngl
You & I and ha iconic VMA PERFORMANCE

BTW is Gaga's best album ever and she will be remembered for it.

When she's gone, this album will be ha masterpiece

Lady-Gaga-Dance-Gif-In-Born-This-Way.gif

rhandino

Banned
Oh! I see that we are reaching that phase of the thread in which some of us pretend that Born this Way was not a mistake and a halting point to Lady Gaga career and started her downfall to irrelevancy while also unironically say that is actually quite good?

Yeah, not here for the lies and drivel tbh

57zVL9C.gif

What is next? People arguing that Rebel Heart was misunderstood or pretend that Honeymoon is anything but Lana del Rey very own Artpop?

Zzw8EQp.gif

Oh! I see that we are reaching that phase of the thread in which some of us pretend that Born this Way was not a mistake and a halting point to Lady Gaga career and started her downfall to irrelevancy while also unironically say that is actually quite good?

57zVL9C.gif

What is next? People arguing that Rebel Heart was misunderstood or pretend that Honeymoon is anything but Lana del Rey very own Artpop?

Zzw8EQp.gif

Rebel Heart was a legitimately bad album if anything ARTPOP is is the one that should be slammed.

Frodo

At least people can say Rebel Heart suffered as a result from the leaks and losing its original concept because of them. Not saying it's a great album or anything, over-relying on current trends and top of the shelves DJs instead of setting it's own makes sure it is, at best basic (with a few good tunes here and there), but what is the excuse for your fave's failings?

P.s.: I'm actually agreeing with the good sis rhandino.

At least people can say Rebel Heart suffered as a result from the leaks and losing its original concept because of them. Not saying it's a great album or anything, over-relying on current trends and top of the shelves DJs instead of setting it's own makes sure it is, at best basic (with a few good tunes here and there), but what is the excuse for your fave's failings?

P.s.: I'm actually agreeing with the good sis rhandino.
it didn't fail tho.

BTW was not a flop and to claim it is is revisionist history in the extreme. It sold less than TFM, but if that's the standard for "not a flop" then most of our faves are flops except maybe Katy Perry.

The difference between ARTPOP and Rebel Heart is that the former is too derivative of her best work to be considered a great album, whereas the latter is a bloated, meandering, incoherent and badly produced body of work.

High expectations killed ARTPOP. Bad quality killed Rebel Heart.

57zVL9C.gif

Zzw8EQp.gif
Honeymoon is very Lana Del Rey sis. The songs are good, they're just slow and different from both UV and BTD while Artpop is just terrible music overall. Plus, Lana didn't go around and pretend that Honeymoon's sound would change lives or whatever Gaga did

Honeymoon is slow, ARTPOP is a directionless mess that doesn't know that the fuck it wants to be.

MANUELF

Banned
Born This Way is actually Gaga best album, is the album that alienated the GP so she could become the jazz and tribute act she always wanted to be

Mau ®;212314704 said:
😂

Exactly, I mean you have opinions like this.

I think to an extent all legends are overrated because we tend to romanticise the past.

One I can immediately think of is David Bowie. With respect his music was local, he was an ok live performer (not as good as some of his fans make him out to be) and his vocals were hardly stellar. I think people respect him more because he was sort of 'weird' and 'out there' before it became a mainstream thing.

And the Janet thread on there is a absolute mess as well.

Top Bottom