• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Nasser

Ok got this earlier today

wRrx9WF.jpg

MANUELF

Banned
Some points of the podcast

1.- Loose is a slay and if you dont agree Im sorry for your musical taste
2.- Taylord Swift will come back stronger than ever
3.- Sia deserved a number 1 with Titanium
4.- Adele is pretty much in a hard place with her 25 singles, 25 already sold more than 21 did when Set Fire To The Rain reached number 1 so her singles have a REALLY hard time to get number 1 but she already got 3 top 20s, 2 top 10s and a number 1 from this diamond album
5.- Make Me is a BOP
6.- You can tell Britney wants to be a full time mom but she still needs to pay the bills
7.- Beyawnce is sooooooooooooooooooooooo overrated
8.- Loose was a mounstruos success worldwide
9.- Nelly does what she wants, her next album was Mi Plan and then the Spirit Indestructible, she just wanted to try her hand in the pop game and she dominated
10.- Leona singing Halo would be a sight to behold
11.- You mean like Jennifer Lopez, Kesha or Xtina that are desperate for a hit that they accepted to work with Pitbull?

I liked the popcast please continue doing it

Hanging out in bars in New York

CpIGh-6WEAAl9JY.jpg
Mid-level HR rep realness

Anyway, glad you all seemed to like the podcast! I was scared you'd all run away screaming when you saw the Xtincta waist-sized runtime.

Since the feedback seems pretty positive, I guess we'll continue serving it up for the ppls <3

Y'all there is decent buzz going round that Gaga's lead single is coming within the next few weeks.

Question of the day: Can she get a number 1 this era?

Phreaker

Y'all there is decent buzz going round that Gaga's lead single is coming within the next few weeks.

Oh, exciting!! She could get a #1, but I'm not sure she will. I still can't believe Bad Romance never hit #1, that song was so huge.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Probably not. If Katy Perry can't get a number 1 than unless Lady Gaga has the most magical song, she won't either. EDM music is the only way to get that hit.

The pop landscape is so different now

People are bored of the same old artists that actually newer artists are more likely to have chart success than older/experienced artists nowadays

This has been an increasing theory as if you look at the charts now they are mostly new hews

The regular pop gurls have a challenge and we shall see if they can pull through

Look at Adele, she can and went

So did Rhat, Bey, Britknee seems to be losing steam and Katy isn't having that impacT she used to have

All eyes on Gaga &#128064;

royalan

The pop landscape is so different now

People are bored of the same old artists that actually newer artists are more likely to have chart success than older/experienced artists nowadays

This has been an increasing theory as if you look at the charts now they are mostly new hews

The regular pop gurls have a challenge and we shall see if they can pull through

It's not that the big pop girls now have a challenge. The indie scene has always been there. It's a lot more visible now, sure. But that was the case even 3 years ago when just about every major pop girl (and even a few surprises) were having major eras.

Pop girls have just gotten lazy. So many of them just reach a level of fame where they don't feel they need to try anymore...and so they don't. They shit out albums, give you bare minimum, and pretend it's authenticity.

The only girl out there consistently rising to her larger-than-life persona these days is...Beyoncé.

The only NEW girl who seems to hustle likes she actually WANTS it is Tinashe.

Normani Kordei needs to go solo already. Or at least team up with Dinah and ditch the other three. The two of them on the chorus to All In My Head (Flex) is the best thing that group's done.

Mau ®

Huh?

Rihanna has 3 songs in the Top 20. One of them was a #1 hit for 9 weeks. ANTi has been Top 5 (counting streaming) since release.

I won't accept any baboonery saying she "came and went". She's been slaying all this year. Don't group her with the weak girls, thanks.

Normani Kordei needs to go solo already. Or at least team up with Dinah and ditch the other three. The two of them on the chorus to All In My Head (Flex) is the best thing that group's done.
Norman (or her legs, more specifically) is the only saving grace of that curdled dairy product masquerading as a girl group.

I don't see it for her commercially. But given all the TALENT she's working with, there's no way the forthcoming albern could be bad unless she intentionally sabotages it.

Top Bottom