• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

bitch i know you didn't leave out wobbuffet

James' Inkay remains unbothered

okay Inkay!

tumblr_my33irA3Je1rp5hneo1_500.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm sorry that Mariah makes you so angry. I'm not here to argue with a random hew such as yourself however the "modern" 20 somethings that don't have any taste or knowledge of music, well yes they barely know anything that wasn't made before 5 years ago. Bitch she's getting that top 10 hit with that Christmas song this December and you can seeeeeeethe about it and run up here just like you usually do after every post I make. The "modern" 20 somethings may need a history lesson then - which I'll be glad to teach. Believe it or not there are "modern" 20 somethings such as myself, that DO know about music history and her accomplishments. If you are unfamiliar I will be glad to go over all of them with you. Nobody asked you to defend Madonna, and you are fucking dumb if you believe nobody knows who Mariah is. But it's ok, the more time you spend in this thread the more you will be educated on ha. Madonna can stay the Queen of Pop because Mariah is the Queen of Music. Yes there are many people that live in third world countries that DO know Madonna, this is true. And yes when she goes on tour she gets large crowds. People do like to watch a good mess. There's a traveling circus in NYC here that gets huge crowds as well. I believe the audiences are very similar in that they will pay big money to watch a car wreck. I suggest you check Mariah out on television this fall if it's true that you don't know who she is. Television is very cheap nowadays. TBH just buy yourself a google chromecast and watch the clips from Youtube because each episode will sure to become as legendary as everything else she has done, which includes 18 number one songs, 17 of which she wrote. The longest running number one song in the history of the world, 2 songs of the decade, not one, but two, the best selling artist of the soudscan era, etc etc etc. The list is too damn long and boring but it's something you can never take away from her. It's smart of you to declare that you won't have this argument because I will be sure to finish it.

2dd547a768.gif
I'm sorry.

Let's play a game.

Rank these artists from best to worst based on a combination of the following categories: 1) discography, 2) talent, and 3) impact on culture and music. I suggest you take a look at them at the height of their careers to best compare.

Mariah Carey
Madonna
Whitney Houston
Dolly Parton
Tina Turner
Aretha Franklin
Janet Jackson
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
P!nk
Jennifer Lopez
Beyonce
Rihanna
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Taylor Swift
Adele

llehuty

Finished watching the first ep of the popCAST. Nelly Furtado AND Keri Hilson talk? Did you made the first ep in my honour? Looking forward to the episode you only talk about kpop, lol.

It was quite entertaining and great hosting of Leona Lewis. I really liked the short background tracks that went with the mood (although it pobably was a pain in the ass to edit). It was also not as awkard as I was expecting.

Take this present.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Let's play a game.

Rank these artists from best to worst based on a combination of the following categories: 1) discography, 2) talent, and 3) impact on culture and music. I suggest you take a look at them at the height of their careers to best compare.

Mariah Carey
Madonna
Whitney Houston
Dolly Parton
Tina Turner
Aretha Franklin
Janet Jackson
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
P!nk
Jennifer Lopez
Beyonce
Rihanna
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Taylor Swift
Adele

1. Madonna
2. Mariah Carey
3. Whitney Houston
4. Janet Jackson
5. Britney Spears
6. Dolly Parton
7. Beyoncé
8. Rihanna
9. Katy Perry
10. Tina Turner
11. Christina Aguilera
12. Aretha Franklin
13. Taylor Swift
14. Adele
15. Lady Gaga
16. P!nk
17. Jennifer Lopez

Let's play a game.

Mariah Carey
Madonna
Whitney Houston
Dolly Parton
Tina Turner
Aretha Franklin
Janet Jackson
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
P!nk
Jennifer Lopez
Beyonce
Rihanna
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Taylor Swift
Adele

vDc6HVw.png

Majmun

Let's play a game.

Mariah Carey
Madonna
Whitney Houston
Dolly Parton
Tina Turner
Aretha Franklin
Janet Jackson
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
P!nk
Jennifer Lopez
Beyonce
Rihanna
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Taylor Swift
Adele

01. Madonna
02. Aretha Franklin
03. Mariah Carey
04. Beyoncé
05. Whitney Houston
06. Janet Jackson
07. Britney Spears
08. Rihanna
09. Tina Turner
10. Lady Gaga
11. Adele
12. Dolly Parton
13. P!nk
14. Christina Aguilera
15. CupcakKe
16. Jennifer Lopez
17. Katy Perry
18. Taylor Swift

Lol. Someone's not a fan of Dolly...

Here's mine:

1. Madonna
2. Whitney Houston
3. Beyonce
4. Mariah Carey
5. Aretha Franklin
6. Dolly Parton
7. Rihanna
8. Tina Turner
9. Janet Jackson
10. Lady Gaga
11. Taylor Swift
12. Britney Spears
13. Adele
14. Katy Perry
15. Christina Aguilera
16. P!nk
17. Jennifer Lopez

It is known

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Not checked this thread in a week and you guys have moved like three pages
rip this community

Frankmusik - Day Break
Song doesn't live up to the epic first minute of Real Music™, but it's catchy.

I was out the last couple of weeks, so I didn't have a chance to check the POPcast... let's see how it turned out.

giving me JT on a serious budget

Ellie Goulding has put some weird video up on twitter
i hope this means shes coming
say what you want about her, but her lead singles are always good pop bops

Nasser

Some of you hate Britney so much you cannot accept facts. Lol. Britney literally is the blueprint of all pop stars. The influence and impact is untouchable. Every new pop girl came after her cite her as an inspiration. But whatever

Anyways the princess of pop is doing the VMA's this year. Legend is coming 😍😍

Vazduh

Well damn fuck lol

xBeUsPz.gif

Some of you hate Britney so much you cannot accept facts. Lol. Britney literally is the blueprint of all pop stars. The influence and impact is untouchable. Every new pop girl came after her cite her as an inspiration. But whatever

Anyways the princess of pop is doing the VMA's this year. Legend is coming ����

You're giving her a bit too much credit, sis.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I have a brit-fession to make: Clumsy is growing on me #rip

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Anyways the princess of pop is doing the VMA's this year. Legend is coming 😍😍

Britney is the blueprint for Drag Queens and even drag queens back in the day did better shit than her.

Finished watching the first ep of the popCAST. Nelly Furtado AND Keri Hilson talk? Did you made the first ep in my honour? Looking forward to the episode you only talk about kpop, lol.

It was quite entertaining and great hosting of Leona Lewis. I really liked the short background tracks that went with the mood (although it pobably was a pain in the ass to edit). It was also not as awkard as I was expecting.

Take this present.
<3

Now listen to the second one!

I definitely want to talk K-music on the podcast. Jonghyun, Red Velvet, Ailee and Sohyang are some of my favorite acts at the moment regardless of geography.

Frodo

I'm not going to list everyone, and it is not necessarily in order, but Madonna, Whitney, and Aretha deserve the top 3.

Mau ®

The impact of Spears in the current scene is largely exaggerated. And more often than not "her contributions" actually belong to Janet's.

Top Bottom