• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

We all need more lesbian anthems in our lives.

YS4ZDBA.gif

Vazduh

To think Demetria almost fooled me with Cool for the Summer
cry.gif

Lesbo For The Summer is her best song, and one of Max Martin's better bops. I'd even dare say it's in his top 20 - it's that good.

lzRSbbh.gif

Confident is shit, tho. It's not one of his better moments.

rhandino

Banned
helloooooo popgaf.

I need some album recommendations. anything cool release in the last 3 months?
Tegan and Sarah: Love you to Death

Gwen Stefani: This is What the Truth Feels Like

Charli XCX: Vroom Vroom (This one is from February bit if you havent listened it then get into it =3)

... ok, fine! You may also want to try Ariana Grande: Dangerous Woman because It has some hidden gems there (I do found the overall album boring tho)

Edit: Avoid anything related to Fifth Harmony.

Frodo

Red Flame definitely would've been better than half of ARTPOP if they polished the instrumental and Gaga's vocals.

But then again, being better than half of ART[REDACTED] isn't really an accomplishment. The demo had potential, though. I agree.

Touchdown

Banned
TOUCHDOWN

MARIAH did an interview this week.

From her YACHT

She looks so GOOOD

Yeah, she has something in the works I can feel it. She keeps posting studio pictures to ha insta.

tumblr_oby1ivliHq1srrrh8o1_540.jpg

studio pics + diet + yacht interviews = NEW ALBUM COMING IM NOT PREPARED ;ALKDJS;FLSDKJF;LDK

8bb80abf88.gif

Be sure to post your thoughts after listening sistren

The podcast is basically the drunken ramblings of a bunch of queens, so if there's something we can do to make it a more fun listen, please share <3

Be sure to post your thoughts after listening sistren

The podcast is basically the drunken ramblings of a bunch of queens, so if there's something we can do to make it a more fun listen, please share <3
My only thing is I can't tell who is speaking. I only knew Roy was speaking because he kept mentioning Christina. Other than that it was just sounded like a white dude talking to himself. On the plus side, y'all sounded gayer this week! Keep up the good work!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My only thing is I can't tell who is speaking. I only knew Roy was speaking because he kept mentioning Christina. Other than that it was just sounded like a white dude talking to himself. On the plus side, y'all sounded gayer this week! Keep up the good work!

I thought you said I sounded sweet before tho.

Thank you Leona and co for getting me on the episode :) I was nervous in the beginning but the chemistry was pretty good which loosened everyone up I think

Vazduh

I loved the banter between you guys and I actually wanted more of that! Enjoyed listening to it and I'm already looking forward to the next installment. Will it feature the same lineup or will you feature more popGAF-ers?

Aguila

#ICONIC
I was hooked up to the point where ya'll started talking about Mariah Carey.

Then I skipped around and realized ya'll were still talking about her.

For like 60 minutes.

How?

WHY?

717164946_zps062edc97.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

For like 60 minutes.

How?

WHY?

The shade was Soulscribe and me not talking much on the Mariah section. As for the Natalia Kills talk I couldnt go back at them cause I had 2 moments where my connection dropped one being the Natalia Kills and one earlier which Im not remembering which was atm. Still Im not bothered by the trashing when someone stans Vitaguilera, Shitbul back up singer Leona Lewis and I forgot the other hews. Also there are worse things here like Fifth Harmony stans and Trump supporters but they are all in one the same I suppose.
GPPbFrz.gif

For like 60 minutes.

How?

WHY?

Mariah was iconic at one point. You can't take that away from her because she's irrelevant now. See also: Madonna.

Touchdown

Banned
Mariah was iconic at one point. You can't take that away from her because she's irrelevant now. See also: Madonna.

Mariah is above and beyond more relevant than Madonna today...even though I know that might not be saying much. Can't wait for her hit television show set to release this fall, and her top 10 billbard hit coming again this december. Not everyone has that....in fact.. nobody today has that...

9f02ec3859.gif

Mariah is above and beyond more relevant than Madonna today...even though I know that might not be saying much. Can't wait for her hit television show set to release this fall, and her top 10 billbard hit coming again this december. Not everyone has that....in fact.. nobody today has that...

9f02ec3859.gif
hdFeea0.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

9f02ec3859.gif
No she is not relevant at all. She is a has been and you know what...no just know, I'm not having this argument. She will not get a top ten hit, she is done and will only be remembered by her Christmas song. The modern 20 something year olds barely know any song by her. I'm not defending Madonna here, but people still know who she is. She is the the Queen of Pop.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Well, for next time, so you guys won't spend an hour talking about Mariah's Christmas song and meticulously going over its radio airplay and iTunes chart positions for every day of the year, I suggest expanding on these questions:

- Could Red Flame have saved ARTSHART?
- Justin Beiber's nudes. His dad says they slayed, but did they really?
- Is Selena Gomez ruining her career?
Does she HAVE a career?
- Will the Superlove video FINALLY make Tinashe happen???
- What strange, mystical forces of nature have allowed Meghan Trainer and now this Halsey chick to happen?

9968ac23f20f2249e6aa24af29dd4b53.jpg

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Well, for next time, so you guys won't spend an hour talking about Mariah's Christmas song and meticulously going over its radio airplay and iTunes chart positions for every day of the year, I suggest expanding on these questions:

- Could Red Flame have saved ARTSHART?
- Justin Beiber's nudes. His dad says they slayed, but did they really?
- Is Selena Gomez ruining her career?
Does she HAVE a career?
- Will the Superlove video FINALLY make Tinashe happen???
- What strange, mystical forces of nature have allowed Meghan Trainer and now this Halsey chick to happen?

9968ac23f20f2249e6aa24af29dd4b53.jpg
How do you not like Halsey??

Frodo

fnrPgdc.gif

Okay, let's check the facts:

The Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour grossing (so far): $15.3 million from 26 shows with total of 204,767 tickets sold in Europe and Africa

The Rebel Heart Tour grossing: the first 10 dates: total gross was at $20 million with 132,769 tickets sold.

The tour grossed $173.9 million in total with 1,088,876 tickets sold between 2015 and 2016.

With the completion of the Rebel Heart Tour, Madonna extended her record as the highest grossing solo touring artist, with over $1.31 billion in concert gross, starting from the Blond Ambition World Tour in 1990. Overall, Madonna ranks third on all-time top-grossing Billboard Boxscore list, with just The Rolling Stones ($1.84 billion) and U2 ($1.67 billion) ahead of her.

You tried, tho.

vgHFdjK.gif

Touchdown

Banned
No she is not relevant at all. She is a has been and you know what...no just know, I'm not having this argument. She will not get a top ten hit, she is done and will only be remembered by her Christmas song. The modern 20 something year olds barely know any song by her. I'm not defending Madonna here, but people still know who she is. She is the the Queen of Pop.

I'm sorry that Mariah makes you so angry. I'm not here to argue with a random hew such as yourself however the "modern" 20 somethings that don't have any taste or knowledge of music, well yes they barely know anything that wasn't made before 5 years ago. Bitch she's getting that top 10 hit with that Christmas song this December and you can seeeeeeethe about it and run up here just like you usually do after every post I make. The "modern" 20 somethings may need a history lesson then - which I'll be glad to teach. Believe it or not there are "modern" 20 somethings such as myself, that DO know about music history and her accomplishments. If you are unfamiliar I will be glad to go over all of them with you. Nobody asked you to defend Madonna, and you are fucking dumb if you believe nobody knows who Mariah is. But it's ok, the more time you spend in this thread the more you will be educated on ha. Madonna can stay the Queen of Pop because Mariah is the Queen of Music. Yes there are many people that live in third world countries that DO know Madonna, this is true. And yes when she goes on tour she gets large crowds. People do like to watch a good mess. There's a traveling circus in NYC here that gets huge crowds as well. I believe the audiences are very similar in that they will pay big money to watch a car wreck. I suggest you check Mariah out on television this fall if it's true that you don't know who she is. Television is very cheap nowadays. TBH just buy yourself a google chromecast and watch the clips from Youtube because each episode will sure to become as legendary as everything else she has done, which includes 18 number one songs, 17 of which she wrote. The longest running number one song in the history of the world, 2 songs of the decade, not one, but two, the best selling artist of the soudscan era, etc etc etc. The list is too damn long and boring but it's something you can never take away from her. It's smart of you to declare that you won't have this argument because I will be sure to finish it.

2dd547a768.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Coming for Mariah's touring receipts isn't even fair because it's so easy to drag her that way

Mariah's touring numbers have been very good lately. Her last European tour was a smash hit and her sell out residency just keeps adding more and more days. She's doing very well tour wise. I'm sure she will tour for new upcoming album as well. Not only that but everyone's faves from Lady Gaga to Kathy Perry has gone to see the Queen recently and raved about ha.

ad5420b230.gif

I'm sorry that Mariah makes you so angry. I'm not here to argue with a random hew such as yourself however the "modern" 20 somethings that don't have any taste or knowledge of music, well yes they barely know anything that wasn't made before 5 years ago. Bitch she's getting that top 10 hit with that Christmas song this December and you can seeeeeeethe about it and run up here just like you usually do after every post I make. The "modern" 20 somethings may need a history lesson then - which I'll be glad to teach. Believe it or not there are "modern" 20 somethings such as myself, that DO know about music history and her accomplishments. If you are unfamiliar I will be glad to go over all of them with you. Nobody asked you to defend Madonna, and you are fucking dumb if you believe nobody knows who Mariah is. But it's ok, the more time you spend in this thread the more you will be educated on ha. Madonna can stay the Queen of Pop because Mariah is the Queen of Music. Yes there are many people that live in third world countries that DO know Madonna, this is true. And yes when she goes on tour she gets large crowds. People do like to watch a good mess. There's a traveling circus in NYC here that gets huge crowds as well. I believe the audiences are very similar in that they will pay big money to watch a car wreck. I suggest you check Mariah out on television this fall if it's true that you don't know who she is. Television is very cheap nowadays. TBH just buy yourself a google chromecast and watch the clips from Youtube because each episode will sure to become as legendary as everything else she has done, which includes 18 number one songs, 17 of which she wrote. The longest running number one song in the history of the world, 2 songs of the decade, not one, but two, the best selling artist of the soudscan era, etc etc etc. The list is too damn long and boring but it's something you can never take away from her. It's smart of you to declare that you won't have this argument because I will be sure to finish it.

2dd547a768.gif

KVRSNMB.gif

Prepare for trouble,
And Make it double!
To protect the world from devastaion,
To unite all people within our nation,
To denounce the evil of truth and love,
To extend our reach to the stars of above,
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, Thats Right!

tumblr_n5h0ezYe151sjdczao1_500.gif

Literally when will any of your faves have as much as an impAcT as Jessie & James?

never

Prepare for trouble,
And Make it double!
To protect the world from devastaion,
To unite all people within our nation,
To denounce the evil of truth and love,
To extend our reach to the stars of above,
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, Thats Right!

tumblr_n5h0ezYe151sjdczao1_500.gif

Literally when will any of your faves have as much as an impAcT as Jessie & James?

never

bitch i know you didn't leave out wobbuffet

Top Bottom