• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Holy shit I just actually listened to it

635910684693214852-279209415_hate%20that%20song.gif

y'all are sick holy shit seek help this is like an even shittier version of Focus

Frodo

Charli and Noonie Bao cowrote a song with this chick name Raye, and it slays.

Raye - I, U, Us

It gives me True Romance teas.

And Charli also directed the video. What a talented artiste.

Edit: And iirc, Raye helped write Charli's next single.

WELLLL FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I enjoyed this, decided to download her EP and OMG:

Shhh
is a MASSIVE SLAY.

Please listen it loud and with some quality headphones.

xVaKm78.gif

edit: not me carrying this thread by myself. Mexico needs to wake up.

Edit 2: DISTRACTION, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

xVaKm78.gif

This EP is pure Fire.

MANUELF

Banned
WELLLL FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I enjoyed this, decided to download her EP and OMG:

Shhh
is a MASSIVE SLAY.

Please listen it loud and with some quality headphones.

edit: not me carrying this thread by myself. Mexico needs to wake up.

Too busy bopping to the new anthem "Do You Wanna Come Over?"
work-britney-spears.gif

llehuty

I listened to the 2nd popCAST, good stuff. I really liked the news of the week approach, it lends itself to some quality shade (that 30 second talk of Florence, lol). On the shade department, completely DEAD at the Resident Evil Basement Director's Cut music during the 5Harmony talk.

The Mariah segment was also very interesting, since I'm not that into her discography. It's nice getting an analysis from people that know what they are talking about.

Keep up the good work people! Looking forward to the next ep.

Speaking of, am I the only one who enjoys Meghan Trainer's new single?
Yikes. Praying for you.

pray10yrsk.gif

I listened to the 2nd popCAST, good stuff. I really liked the news of the week approach, it lends itself to some quality shade (that 30 second talk of Florence, lol). On the shade department, completely DEAD at the Resident Evil Basement Director's Cut music during the 5Harmony talk.

The Mariah segment was also very interesting, since I'm not that into her discography. It's nice getting an analysis from people that know what they are talking about.

thx sis <3

Editing the show is fun, but my ancient Mac makes it quite hellish. Can't wait to upgrade whenever Apple finally releases those damn Pros >_<

btw I've PM'd people who said they might be interested in guesting next time with the deets (maybe missed a couple people by accident tho), but no response. So if you're still interested, PM me tbh.

Chalie Puth is gross.
butterface but still

Vazduh

In new music news, Mollie King of The Saturdays fame released her debut single:

Back To You (spotify link)

Cute, and something I'd be willing to listen to more than once.

Also, those Swedish-Australian twins Say Lou Lou have just released their first single from the upcoming 2nd album:

Sadly, it's a Bee Gees cover, but I'll take what I can get.

Stayin' Alive (spotify link)

Also, just a question - why do acts that are basically hews decide to launch the album campaign with a cover? Betty Who did it recently with a cover of a relatively well-known song, I Love You Always Forever. Don't get me wrong, she did a great job and the video is amazing, but it was completely unnecessary. JoJo did a better thing by sampling the song in her bop, Right On Time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
CL - 'LIFTED' M/V
It's surprisingly listeneable, but it needed a better hook.

Yuri x Seohyun (from Girls' Generation) - Secret
This, on the other hand, is fantastic. Those hair flip slow-mos are good, Pantene must be satisfied.

That CL song is actually cute and the hook while basic as it is compared to the stuff coming on the radio these days its actually fine.

As for Yuri and Seohyun i thought it was a cute hair commercial. Song is nothing special but it is a well done song.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Not bad, but definitely not something I'd use as a first US single. I don't see this hitting a top 100 chart, unless it's a Top 100 Bubbling Under in Uzbekistan.

Hmmm have you looked at US Billboard 100? The standards are pretty low at this point if you ask me.

Touchdown

Banned

pray10yrsk.gif

I KNEW I liked you for a reason sis!!!

bcf4ce30c4.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
That CL song is a slay. The chorus is so catchy.

Idk if it will smash in the US tho since the country has such shit taste most of the time.

Mau ®

Betty Who's cover of "I love you always forever" is so so good. And it's different enough from the original that I don't have to compare them.

I'm seeing her at a festival in two days. Excited!

Vazduh

Mau ®;214113594 said:
Betty Who's cover of "I love you always forever" is so so good. And it's different enough from the original that I don't have to compare them.

I'm seeing her at a festival in two days. Excited!

From what I've seen on YT, she's really good live so you should have fun. Also, it must be said that her first album is chock-full of bops and way too underrated.

But then again, it's hard to take her seriously with a name "Betty Who".

It's almost as bad as Who Is Fancy?

As for the cover, hm. I would disagree on that. It is good, but not that different from the original.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm so mad at Britney this era
each song shes released has such potential and then thy just make weird production or writing decisions and fuck it up

that being said the four tracks all grew on me whilst I was at work

wtf at me being mad at gaga for announcing a song in september, thinking it was months away and she was chucking away release hype, when in fact its like two weeks away

Mau ®

From what I've seen on YT, she's really good live so you should have fun. Also, it must be said that her first album is chock-full of bops and way too underrated.

But then again, it's hard to take her seriously with a name "Betty Who".

It's almost as bad as Who Is Fancy?

As for the cover, hm. I would disagree on that. It is good, but not that different from the original.

I think it's different in the sense that it has more tempo changes than the original. Betty Who version has an "accapella" intro, then it adds the instrumental and adds a dance drum in the pre-chorus. Even the bridge has an euphoric vibe with the handclaps (should be fun live!).

MrV4ltor

The new LG5 tea has me so hyped
It sounds like Paradise (the song about her aunt's death) won't be on the album.
She could include it on the A Star Is Born soundrack tho

Phreaker

You should bless us with that soothing voice some more.

Also, I don't know who recommended the Raye EP, but I like it. Yesssssssss

Aww, thanks. I didn't speak that much tbh, but maybe next time. It's probably why Leona booted me off. I kid. I told him I'd be happy to join anytime there weren't enough people or they wanted an elder's perspective on hot topics. ha Soulscribe was on this week and I really enjoyed the episode!

And I like that Rayn EP too, I listened to it today at work.

I can feel Gaga leaks coming, so excited.

Aww, thanks. I didn't speak that much tbh, but maybe next time. It's probably why Leona booted me off. I kid. I told him I'd be happy to join anytime there weren't enough people or they wanted an elder's perspective on hot topics.
I think the post-VMAs ep should have the entire fucking thread as guests tbh

A stantravaganza if you will <3

Aguila

#ICONIC
I can't stop listening to Do You Wanna Cum Over.

I don't think we need Gags anymore after this Grindr hookup anthem tbh lbr.

Top Bottom