• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Beyonce - Lemonade Medley

giphy.gif

for those that missed or want to rewatch god in action
can't get over how much I liked it more than the beyonce medley she did for her vanguard award

edit; can I also say this was probably the most entertaining VMAs in years
and despite their attempts for mess with the hosts, it was all down to the music
even Kanye was likable

Vazduh

Oh, lord, that Britney performance.

2WveRIZ.gif

I was actually rooting for her, but when the CD-quality vocals came on, as well as that stiff choreo (not to mention G-Shitty), I realized I was naive beyond belief.

9bvJU7w.gif

It didn't help the matters much that Beyonce and Rihanna outperformed pretty much everyone, ever.

FdIvyuZ.gif

Wait people thought Rhat was amazing?

Lmao the perfect delusion!

Riri only singing 5 second parts of her songs then relying on CD quality playback is called "stealing the show"?

How can she justify it especially when her dancing is WHACK!

FdIvyuZ.gif

Poor Rhat

Overshadowed by Beyoncé as always

The VMAs this year feel so trashy now

It's like a three star michelin restaurant being downgraded to junk food

What I hate is how the VMAs have lost its class in favour of something soooooo cringe worthy and appealing to just "Stan Twitter"

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The VMAs this year feel so trashy now

It's like a three star michelin restaurant being downgraded to junk food

What I hate is how the VMAs have lost its class in favour of something soooooo cringe worthy and appealing to just "Stan Twitter"

Ehhh VMAs has been trashy for years. This is just going deeper in the dumpster

royalan

I think "Perfect Illusion" was just a reference to the trickery Gaga pulled convincing her fans she'd have something out by the VMAs.

Mau ®

The VMAs have indeed been trash for years but I honestly won't be watching them ever again. It was nauseating how disjointed the whole thing was.

Anyway Rihanna was not very good on the certain acts, but she did slay Stay/Diamonds/Love On The Brain and ain't nobody telling me otherwise. Also HOW CUTE ARE DRAKE AND RIH TOGETHER? Akbalfnsjfjgkakjfka ❤️❤️❤️

Mau ®;215333497 said:
The VMAs have indeed been trash for years but I honestly won't be watching them ever again. It was nauseating how disjointed the whole thing was.

Anyway Rihanna was not very good on the certain acts, but she did slay Stay/Diamonds/Love On The Brain and ain't nobody telling me otherwise. Also HOW CUTE ARE DRAKE AND RIH TOGETHER? Akbalfnsjfjgkakjfka ❤️❤️❤️

Drake's speech about Riri for her award was pretty cute ngl

If someone talked to me like that I'd cry lol

I think "Perfect Illusion" was just a reference to the trickery Gaga pulled convincing her fans she'd have something out by the VMAs.

Yeah :(

Rihanna was awful except for her last set. Thanks for trying girl.

The gulf of talent that separates Beyonce from her peers is insane. No one else remotely compares. It's almost sad because she nullifies everyone else so easily that it's always the Beyonce show wherever she goes. Probably good that Gaga wasn't present, then again the show needed more heavy lifting from actual talent. Oh well.

Gaga doesn't need the VMAs for success and she will prove it

gaga does things on her own accord and she isn't obliged to follow the crowd

a Nintendo NX Tea

Gaga doesn't need the VMAs for success and she will prove it

gaga does things on her own accord and she isn't obliged to follow the crowd

a Nintendo NX Tea

gags probably hates them now anyway because apparently they made her change her VMA performance idea because they wanted Miley to be the main event.

gags probably hates them now anyway because apparently they made her change her VMA performance idea because they wanted Miley to be the main event.

Yeah that was pretty shitty of them tbh.

To favour smiley Virus is legit dirt cheap to milk all that forced controversy

To me it seemed he chickened out of a proposal. Why else was he dressed up?

Maybe he was dressed up as it was a formal event?

Although he tried to go in for the kiss and got rejected so oppps lmao

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Joe... MTV and formal?

Also MTV trying to ruin Drag Race:

7d21lu8v08ix.jpg

Katya and tati were not here for it

Who are they all supposed to be?
Coco - Lil kim?
Alaska - Perry
Roxxy - Kim K
Phi Phi - Ga ga
Ginger - Madonna
Katya ???
Detox ???
Tati ????
Alaska - Brit Brit

roxxy looks fucking scary

B-Dex

I think it's time VEVO did a music video award show. Clearly MTV has no clue anymore.

The chainsmokers guy sounds good in the studio version of that song he sang. I bet it was nerves making him terrible. And doped out Halsey. But they are DJs/producers anyways so not a big deal he can't really sing live.

The Flop

Banned
RIh should have done "Cheap Thrills" in her last set.

Also do we know what the cryptic commercials for SIA meant?

I'm ready for queen to pop my cherry with her new material. But it seems to soon?

Phreaker

RIh should have done "Cheap Thrills" in her last set.

Also do we know what the cryptic commercials for SIA meant?

I'm ready for queen to pop my cherry with her new material. But it seems to soon?

She tweeted this right before the commercial aired. If I had to guess, maybe she has a Greatest Hits coming?

ykba3Xy.png

Also, is this Botty? ki

tSie4AU.gif

rhandino

Banned
How are our mexican popgafers dealing with the death of "El Divo de Juarez"? Here everyone is doing the absolute most and some co-workers almost chocked when I told them that I did not cared about ha and now they have a music festival with his greatest hits.

qaCvZMt.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How are our mexican popgafers dealing with the death of "El Divo de Juarez"? Here everyone is doing the absolute most and some co-workers almost chocked when I told them that I did not cared about ha and now they have a music festival with his greatest hits.

qaCvZMt.jpg

I dont care about him or his music but R.I.P.

I liked Rih's island and ballad performances. If she actually tries she can do good things on the stage, but I think that attitude is also why I like her so much. WTF Kanye was talking about again? At least he premiered a fire video whew. Beyonce was good too. The rest, lol

MANUELF

Banned

qaCvZMt.jpg

I always liked him, I grew up with his music

I have been hearing his music since yesterday
anigif_enhanced-buzz-17316-1420829023-4.gif

Knee's Coupure Électrique would actually be a slay and a half if someone who could actually sing and pronounce French words had it.

Also this Google translated mess of a lyric:

Quand tu fais
Fais-moi l'amour
Moi l'amour

That's not how French grammar works, sis. She really couldn't find someone who knows the language to pen these simplistic lyrics? Mess. Other than all that, slay I guess. But it would still be much better with someone else singing.

You wanna break my heart, alright
I caught your fever, I'll be feeling it forever
You want a brand new start, alright

And my lights stay up, but your city sleeps
It's a different world when you're not here with me
Go on and break my heart tonight

Queen of relatable break up songs

Top Bottom