• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Frodo

You wanna break my heart, alright
I caught your fever, I'll be feeling it forever
You want a brand new start, alright

And my lights stay up, but your city sleeps
It's a different world when you're not here with me
Go on and break my heart tonight

Queen of relatable break up songs

200_s.gif

This should totally be a single.

rhandino

Banned
Today marks the 1st anniversary of this collection of garbage with some rough gems sprinkled here and there:

5KGcjXI.png

So what are your thought about this one now? After a year I found that for me the only really great songs are Tangerine, Milky Milky Milk and Pablow the Blowfish while Cyrus Skies, Lighter and Fuckin Fucked Up make me shame bop from time to time.

And for the rest? Well, she can keep them tbh

KJLsNqt.gif

Thought it was a solid album.

Here's my arbitrary scoring for the last few albums I listened to this week (more impressions later probably):

Carly, Emotion Side B: B-
Siri, Glory: C-
Frank Ocean, Blonde: C+

I need to give Blonde a few more listens, but I'm gonna give Views a try first.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Today marks the 1st anniversary of this collection of garbage with some rough gems sprinkled here and there:

5KGcjXI.png

So what are your thought about this one now? After a year I found that for me the only really great songs are Tangerine, Milky Milky Milk and Pablow the Blowfish while Cyrus Skies, Lighter and Fuckin Fucked Up make me shame bop from time to time.

KJLsNqt.gif
I totally forgot about that. I think I listened to it once and that was it. I do like the idea behind the album and her standing up to her producers, but why not release something of quality.

Thought it was a solid album.

Here's my arbitrary scoring for the last few albums I listened to this week (more impressions later probably):

Carly, Emotion Side B: B-
Siri, Glory: C-
Frank Ocean, Blonde: C+

I need to give Blonde a few more listens, but I'm gonna give Views a try first.
Blonde is better than Views. Views could have been two 10 song albums but is just a clusterfuck of terribleness mixed songs with great songs. It could just be so good. Like the potential is there.

I introduce to you POLLGAF, a biweekly (or monthly?) survey gauging community opinions on a variety of pop topics. I'll use this first poll as a trial run to see if it's any fun for us. Feedback and suggestions welcome.

VOTE HERE!

rhandino

Banned
I introduce to you POLLGAF, a biweekly (or monthly?) survey gauging community opinions on a variety of pop topics. I'll use this first poll as a trial run to see if it's any fun for us. Feedback and suggestions welcome.

VOTE HERE!

giphy.gif

The best debut single was a hard one but I have to give my vote to Just Dance, that song changed pop music.... not sure if it was for the best but yeah.

I wonder if someone would give Pon de Replay a vote because that song is really dated and was not even that good when it released.

giphy.gif

The best debut single was a hard one but I have to give my vote to Just Dance, that song changed pop music.... not sure if it was for the best but yeah.

I wonder if someone would give Pon de Replay a vote, that song is really date and was not even that good when it released.

Pon de Replay is still such a bop tho!!!!!

llehuty

I see you with those unbiased options to the Laty Kaga question...

t1ML35B.gif

And I just saw the Beyonce VMA performence and lord, that has to be the best televised live performance I've seen in my life.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

VOTE HERE!

voted with incredible bias

rhandino

Banned
Eeek! at this news about Fist Brown having a stand-off with the Police.

A mess, A FUCKING MESS.

dmLbNi7.gif

EDIT: Watch all those girls waiting to break into the music scene STILL wanting him for a Ft. Disgusting.

EDIT2: Ok, hew of you was did this?

lqB0ap0.png

Carly - Britney - Katy

I don't want Katheryn to dominate again. But let's be real. Her LCD Walmart soundscapes are designed to have as much mass appeal as possible. That's the whole reason she exists.

5KGcjXI.png

KJLsNqt.gif
I remember people in here were trying it by calling it AOTY or a masterpiece or some dumb shit like that... I'm glad she faded back into the void when she realized no one really cared.

MANUELF

Banned
I cant with Glory already outselling Anti and Lemonade, also this came back in my country
Britney Jean de @britneyspears puesto #99 del #Top100Amprofon del 29/7 al 4/8 #Reingreso

I was born in Arizona fuck Mexico after hearing that...you guys can keep your mierda taste...puras pinchis vergüenzas no mamen no se pasen de pasivos

edit: Natalia Kills' tragic career > Carly's tragic career

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Maybe we should build that wall after all.

A mess.

KJLsNqt.gif
Literally lol'd

Honestly that was a hard pick for best first single.

I would have to say it's between Britney-Beyoncé-Lady Gaga. I will say though people still play Crazy in Love way more than the other two.

Also Blonde wins August and probably getting a nomination for Album of the Year.

Katy would do better if it's another Roar/Firework. However I really am excited to see what Lady Gaga has.

Top Bottom