• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

I'm a simple k-pop fan who visits the slums of English pop every once in a while. Y'all cute.
R9TdTCs.jpg
alts tend to get exposed around here, sis.

good luck
0zxnBzk.gif

I wouldn't talk since your fave requires a giftcard from Starbucks in order to even stay awake.

According to Hits Daily Double, Carly Rae Jepsen’s “E-MO-TION” sold approximately 15,815 traditional copies during its first week of release (August 21-27).
According to Nielsen Music, “Honeymoon” sold 105,000 pure copies during the September 18-24 tracking week. That slots it beneath Drake and Future’s “What A Time To Be Alive” on the latest Top Album Sales listing.
how exciting <3

I don't quite understand this shade given that your target is the hitmaker who wrote and released the best selling digital single of all time?

Anyways, I'll pray for Grimes! It's so upsetting to all of her fan whenever she performs.

rhandino

Banned
how exciting <3
EMOTION is certified gold in Japan and unlike Mexico punny 20,000 copies requirement in Japan is 100,000 physical copies and that is one of the reasons we got Side B.

Speakin of Lana she better release something soon because her spot as Tumblr favorite singer is already overtaken by Lorde and/or Halsey.

So, are we ready to proclaim Beyonce the best live performer ever?

Yes, ever. I dare you to name someone who can match her stage presence, rehearsed polish, vocal ability and breath control. No one does it better, and no one's ever done it better on a scale like this. Already a music legend and she's still in her 30s.

Yes, ever. I dare you to name someone who can match her stage presence, rehearsed polish, vocal ability and breath control. No one does it better, and no one's ever done it better on a scale like this. Already a music legend and she's still in her 30s.

Weird Al.

MANUELF

Banned
EMOTION is certified gold in Japan and unlike Mexico punny 20,000 copies requirement in Japan is 100,000 physical copies and that is one of the reasons we got Side B.

Speakin of Lana she better release something soon because her spot as Tumblr favorite singer is already overtaken by Lorde and/or Halsey.
If your shade is made of lies it doesnt Do anything, gold in México is 30k, more than ANY Beyoncé album except one has sold

Frodo

I don't know why people are putting Carly Rae Jesus and Grimes against each other.

They both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever people stan here in this thread.

Frodo

I'm just going to the store, to the store
I'm just going to the store
You might not see me any more, any more

And now you are singing it too!

What kind of lyrical genius? Beyoncé, who once hold the title of lyrical queen for songs such as 7/11, has nothing on this.

8jU3yGj.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I don't know why people are putting Carly Rae Jesus and Grimes against each other.

They both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever people stan here in this thread.
I probably need to listen to Grimes first but there ain't no way they better than Beyoncé.

And now you are singing it too!

What kind of lyrical genius? Beyoncé, who once hold the title of lyrical queen for songs such as 7/11, has nothing on this.

8jU3yGj.gif
Are you trying to be funny here??? That song is ranked the worst on the album

Frodo

I probably need to listen to Grimes first but there ain't no way they better than Beyoncé.

Depends on what you value on an artist, tbh.

Are you trying to be funny here??? That song is ranked the worst on the album

I mentioned 7/11 as lyrical geniality and there is a gif of a guy getting his life on a garbage truck. Draw your conclusions.

And Store is a cute song. The chorus is silly, but that was probably intentional. Although I would rather have something else, really, because the rest of the song is flawless

WaffleTaco

I mentioned 7/11 as lyrical geniality and there is a gif of a guy getting his life on a garbage truck. Draw your conclusions.

And Store is a cute song. The chorus is silly, but that was probably intentional. Although I would rather have something else, really, because the rest of the song is flawless
Honestly I can never tell with people here. I do like Store, but can only listen to it every once in a while I think.

There was never any doubt from me. It's one thing to dislike her music, but her work ethic, polish, attention to detail, etc is really not up for debate. The fact that she's practically making these choices on her own that the other girls just aren't even trying to do is what I'm talking about. It feels like some of these girl went into the biz saying they want to sing and that's all they want to do. Sing to people, collect the check and go home. Beyoncé is a legend for doing the exact opposite and will probably be the last of our lifetime.... My Faaaaaaave &#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;

So was that Apple Music exclusive worth it Frank? because it dead ass came and went. Dropped off a cliff to obscurity &#128514;&#128514;&#128514;... At least Lemonade held its buzz a lot longer than that lol! Has there even been any reviews? What happened lol

Drag em 4 Filth like Filth Harmony stans.

Poor Flop Nomoney stans

Why bother when the superior girl group (Little Legends) can actually sell 800k copies on their third album when Flop Nomoney can't even sell 100k on their second?

Do I even need to mention the fact that LM can dance while 5H looks like chimpanzees?

rhandino

Banned
There was never any doubt from me. It's one thing to dislike her music, but her work ethic, polish, attention to detail, etc is really not up for debate. The fact that she's practically making these choices on her own that the other girls just aren't even trying to do is what I'm talking about. It feels like some of these girl went into the biz saying they want to sing and that's all they want to do. Sing to people, collect the check and go home. Beyoncé is a legend for doing the exact opposite and will probably be the last of our lifetime.... My Faaaaaaave &#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;

yGiMWMc.gif

WaffleTaco

So was that Apple Music exclusive worth it Frank? because it dead ass came and went. Dropped off a cliff to obscurity &#128514;&#128514;&#128514;... At least Lemonade held its buzz a lot longer than that lol! Has there even been any reviews? What happened lol
Well Frank Ocean is not Beyoncé. The comparison isn't really there. It was an anticipated album that had really good reviews and it's probably getting an AOTY nomination.

Also it sold 232,000 copies, streamed over 65 million times, and Frank Ocean has made 2 Million off it as well.

Top Bottom