• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Mau ®

I don't care if it flops. I only care if it's qualité.

The way Tame Impala has made me be accepting of Fad ❤️

Y'all. Gaga's comeback could hit us as soon as this Friday. Ready for the meltdowns tbh

Top 10 debut here we come!

giphy.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
I've developed a really homosexual dance move for The One's chorus. Carly, ha power to move me down the gender identity spectrum. 😭😭😭

Well Frank Ocean is not Beyoncé. The comparison isn't really there. It was an anticipated album that had really good reviews and it's probably getting an AOTY nomination.

Also it sold 232,000 copies, streamed over 65 million times, and Frank Ocean has made 2 Million off it as well.

It isn't exactly about being Beyoncé. I'm talking from the angle that Frank Ocean is a media darling and is not a stranger to think pieces and pop culture references and the next. Channel Orange when it arrived, didn't just fall off a cliff a week after it was released, at least, as far as I remember.

But it seems like it just has no buzz. I don't know if it has to do with so many issues happening right now in the world but for an album that had so much conspiracy for when it would drop, from fake dates, fake leaks etc etc, it's odd to see it just go radio silent after its drop.

I still think of him as niche above all but I just find it kind of funny... After all of that.... The twitter campaigns, the memes.. It's just gone. The only thing that has been giving it a bit of buzz is the controversy about it being an Apple Music exclusive and now having a conversation about streaming exclusives but that's it. I'm not discounting the quality of the music however.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It isn't exactly about being Beyoncé. I'm talking from the angle that Frank Ocean is a media darling and is not a stranger to think pieces and pop culture references and the next. Channel Orange when it arrived, didn't just fall off a cliff a week after it was released, at least, as far as I remember.

But it seems like it just has no buzz. I don't know if it has to do with so many issues happening right now in the world but for an album that had so much conspiracy for when it would drop, from fake dates, fake leaks etc etc, it's odd to see it just go radio silent after its drop.

I still think of him as niche above all but I just find it kind of funny... After all of that.... The twitter campaigns, the memes.. It's just gone. The only thing that has been giving it a bit of buzz is the controversy about it being an Apple Music exclusive and now having a conversation about streaming exclusives but that's it. I'm not discounting the quality of the music however.
I would agree with his music being a niche. He's just not popular. He hasn't had really any hit songs. I also think that most people would be talking about the VMAs when it comes to music this week.

rhandino

Banned
Gaga is already shooting a MV for Perfect Illusion, secure your weave!

3Twl3VH.gif

I hope is a slay MUSIC VIDEO and not one of her weird reverse warholian bullshit mess that are to short to be meaningful and too long to be entertaining.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Gaga is already shooting a MV for Perfect Illusion, secure your weave!

3Twl3VH.gif

I hope is a slay MUSIC VIDEO and not one of her weird reverse warholian bullshit mess that are to short to be meaningful and too long to be entertaining.

I just checked this. Her insta is really serving professional photographer/graphic design artist. But will this qualité translate into her music and videos I wonder.

Just finished hearing the popcast, how dare you flops try to drag Glory, P!nk and Adele
lol I thought dragging Pink and Adele is the safest thing ever. No one here stans them XD

And hey, Glory was not horrible. 4/10 is serviceable, no IGN, 8/10 means mediocre nonsense here sis

MANUELF

Banned
lol I thought dragging Pink and Adele is the safest thing ever. No one here stans them XD

And hey, Glory was not horrible. 4/10 is serviceable, no IGN, 8/10 means mediocre nonsense here sis

I stan Britney, Gwen, P!nk and Tatu and have a soft spot for Taylord and Adele

Also Glory is a 9/10 album and you will deal
200_s.gif

There was never any doubt from me. It's one thing to dislike her music, but her work ethic, polish, attention to detail, etc is really not up for debate. The fact that she's practically making these choices on her own that the other girls just aren't even trying to do is what I'm talking about. It feels like some of these girl went into the biz saying they want to sing and that's all they want to do. Sing to people, collect the check and go home. Carly is a legend for doing the exact opposite and will probably be the last of our lifetime.... My Faaaaaaave 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

yGiMWMc.gif

Tell it

Beyonce is the greatest performer of our generation, it's true. But I'll never forget the sociopolitical trainwreck when she was embarrassed by Kelly Clarkson at Obama's second inauguration
R9TdTCs.jpg

Ariana's new video is outstanding. Giving a Blow tea, except with more talent?!

A bankruptcy tea

Frank Ocean’s “Blond(e)” caused waves last week because Ocean thought he put one over on his record company. He released his music independently, had no CD, no single for radio, and made the album available only on iTunes and AppleMusic.

But now Ocean is drowning on the charts after 1 week at number 1. So far this week, “Blond(e)” has fallen to number 4, with Florida Georgia Line, Britney Spears and Barbra Streisand knocking him out.

Ocean’s sneaky work has only undone his situation as fans from Amazon, Spotify, retail outlets, etc are prevented from buying his album. Plus, having no A&R to speak of, his album comes with no track for radio to hop on. Plus, “Blond(e)” can only be purchased from iTunes as a whole entity.

As we all know, the world’s oceans are in trouble. And now this Ocean may have polluted itself. And as we’ve learned from Kanye West and “Life of Pablo,” once you’ve wrecked a release you can’t do undo the damage.

Now, Billboard is thinking “Blond(e)” has netted Ocean $1.7 million in sales. But with the sales dropping, and no radio play forthcoming, Ocean may regret the choices he made. But so far this week his Sales Plus Streaming only comes to 35,000 total. There are two days left, but the fall off from his debut last week with 270,000 is pretty shocking.

And that $1.7 million? Once you’ve paid taxes, and all the people involved, that number doesn’t look so good.
GEaUq6v.gif

yGiMWMc.gif

Good. Tired of these assholes doing this annoying exclusivity stuff and fucking over their fans, Beyonce included.
At least Beyoncé wasn't stupid enough to dump her label. And even if she had, she would've more than made up the deficit with tour receipts.

Who's going to pay actual money (instead of used heroin needles) to see Frank Ocean in concert?

GEaUq6v.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Are they back?

Hm, I think all they did was release a "benefit single" featuring a bunch of celebrities.

And the single is actually a remake of one of their old songs, Where Is The Love?
It sounds WORSE than the original tho, and they even added a hashtag to the title :X

Vazduh

Bopping to some #REALMUSIC rn

Class Actress - The Limit

lzRSbbh.gif

Out singer Sam Smith’s former record label is trying to cash in on his success with a previously unreleased album he recorded as a teenager while signed with Flipbook Music. Smith, however, has no part in the project.

The studio owns the right to the album and footage shot of the singer while he was working with them and they’ve packaged it all together for release. The album is called Sam Smith Diva Boy and the first single, “Momentarily Mine,” was just released online. The company also plans to release a documentary of his time with the label.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/08/new-sam-smith-music-video-doesnt-want-watch/

What is this mess gfjdlgdfhdg

CQi4BP4.gif

MANUELF

Banned
Hm, I think all they did was release a "benefit single" featuring a bunch of celebrities.

And the single is actually a remake of one of their old songs, Where Is The Love?
It sounds WORSE than the original tho, and they even added a hashtag to the title :X

It sounds DREADFUL
I must clean my ears hearing Glory for a 327th time
57c2be8c29da7_giphy(3).gif.904654d28ce4a2e953ec13fd601b2083.thumb.gif.25e3d06d5255d44cf64307ec43566f97.gif

rhandino

Banned
The nerve of a Lady Gaga stain calling Beyonce overrated trash when their fave basically imploded under the weight of her "art" and "mystique" while Beyonce career has been doing nothing but getting stronger and higher even after scandals that would make any other lesser girl disappear from the face of the Earth and start doing TV shows or changing genres.

And don't forget that Beyonce is doing all of that while taking strong political position like embracing Feminism and #BLM while the other girls are making a mess of themselves trying to keep their images "pristine and pure" by avoiding those topics or making IGNORANT comments about them

The nerve, the GALL. [ D I S G U S T I N G ]

Now if you excuse me I am going to Amazon to pre-order Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse as you all should

Nv37NZC.gif

Frodo

The nerve of a Lady Gaga stain calling Beyonce overrated trash when their fave basically imploded under the weight of her "art" and "mystique" while Beyonce career has been doing nothing but keep getting stronger and higher even after scandals that would make any other lesser girl disappear from the face of the Earth and start doing TV shows or changing genres.

And don't forget that Beyonce is doing all of that while taking strong political position like embracing Feminism and #BLM while the other girls are making a mess of themselves trying to keep their images "pristine and pure" by avoiding those topics or making IGNORANT comments about them

The nerve, the GALL. [ D I S G U S T I N G ]

Now if you excuse me I am going to Amazon to pre-order Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse as you all should

Nv37NZC.gif

I'm not the biggest Beyoncé fan, and I always think that she joins the political debate late and not because of genuine reasons, but, I can't spot the lies here, tbh.

Nv37NZC.gif

Top Bottom