• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
giphy.gif

just....what.
I just don't like listening to Micheal Jackson for obvious reasons.
Yes. It was I. We've entered the dark timeline of music. Just look at how dreadful the iTunes Top Ten has been for months now. Taylor's ascension had little to do with that though, She has been plotting and scheming to enter the pop world since the debut mixtape. I personally blame Adele!
EDM is great and I love the top ten apart from Heathens and Treat You Better.

Mau ®;217646420 said:
Now that Bruno Mars and The Weeknd are about to dominate, we no longer need these vagina-afflicted flops. Poor Joanne.
Bieber has had the most popular songs for a male this past year, especially compared to the women of Pop.

Mau ®

Not to mention Frank Ocean's Blond, truly the Y chromosome has come to stand for pop quality this year. Maybe the female bias in this forum will finally come to an end.

!!!

Ugh, Frank's Blonde really made my year.

I mean just this trinity alone:

Kanye West- Life of Pablo
dvsn - SEPT 5TH
Frank Ocean - Blonde

WHEW.

Mau ®;217652018 said:
!!!

Ugh, Frank's Blonde really made my year.

I mean just this trinity alone:

Kanye West- Life of Pablo
dvsn - SEPT 5TH
Frank Ocean - Blonde

WHEW.

Why stop at a trilogy when you can have a collection and include

Gallant - Ology
JMSN - It is

WHEW indeed

The Flop

Banned
The Decline is real.

ov2nsSI.png

No tea, no shade, cause I love me some Gaga, but eek at 2 Fifth "Hew" videos above ha, including one that's been out since March.

bdf44ce805.gif

The good sis is doing what she can to dodge comparisons to her past work or her peers. Dressed down video, left field rock song, light promotion, etc. This way she can flop on her terms and won't get reamed by critics for overpromising and underdelivering. A reverse-ARTPOP expedition

Though I do wonder how different her standings would be if she followed her typical rule book.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Frank Ocean new material is boring.

Bruno and Abel are the true saviors of quality male pop music while Justine and Beaver rest.
I remember lurking back here on 2012 and no one in POPGAF would give Channel Orange the time of day. Y'all just wanna hate on Frank for the sake of it.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I remember lurking back here on 2012 and no one in POPGAF would give Channel Orange the time of day. Y'all just wanna hate on Frank for the sake of it.
Some people just don't like quality...

Also the new Weeknd song is very mixed to me. The lyrics are very eh, and the chorus is bizarre. The beat is extremely good though and the best part of the song. I don't really seeing this being popular though, maybe a 10-20 song at most for a month. I'm going to listen to it again tomorrow, but I am relatively disappointed. I could be wrong though, it could be popular, but I am kind of doubting it.

Haven't stepped foot in this thread for quite some time, but hey, new Lady Gaga song. I'ts pretty alright too!

Looking forward to hearing more whenever it's released. Haven't bought a pop album in AGES! Kinda cool to be excited for a new one.

Yado

I like both albums but I don't think his music is as good as it could be. Like they're not consistently good throughout.

Mau ®

I would even include my fave in that assessment. He came.

QONVIyz.gif

The fact our fave still delivers qualité while the others just flounder, trying unsuccessfully to find a new sound and reinvent themselves. Not everybody can be as lucky.

She just wins.

QONVIyz.gif

cory64

I can see myself playing it more than Work. Rih is not safe. I just need this to dethrone The Shitsmokers from #1 and 2016 will continue delivering greatness.

QONVIyz.gif

Well it already has a leg up on the other high profile lead singles of 2016 by being on every streaming service right away, I think it can do it.

Mau ®

Dr. Luke has given us many bops. Furthermore, allegations made against him have been dropped. I don't see why we should deny ourselves of talent and good music.

olympia

i hate it when reviewers use the term "infectious hooks" because it sounds disgusting but i basically need a new bop that embodies that to pull me out of my near-constant side b spin

Top Bottom