• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Vazduh

Skylar Grey's new album, Natural Causes is out.

Natural_Causes_album.jpg

Let's hope it's as good as her early (true) debut, while she was still singing under her real name, Holly Brook.

Moving Mountains is a good indicator it might just be that.

Vazduh

WaffleTaco, regarding "Black Felicia", I think the bigger problem author had with the use of it was the ignorance of her good friend, i.e. she used it as a simple goodbye, not knowing the meaning nor the context behind it (a "sassy, dismissive farewell").

As for everything else you said, I agree.

So one of Britney's backup dancers has decided he wants a music career.

Nothing quite says a long and prosperous music career by having your first single being a cover of a recently split boybands album track (even if the original does slay a bit).

Mess at the low budget video still being better than Make Me.

What is this masc2masc realness?

AGdmLDP.gif

:ahh:

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves, the Make Me video is not that bad. It's not good, but it's not bad, either. The original would have been much worse, judging from the leaks, especially that creepy, uncut sex scene from Britney's POV with G-Sleazy thrusting into her while rapping. Ew.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm going to be listening to Natural Causes in a second, I haven't liked what I have heard so far, it seems a real step back from what her Don't Look Down album which was really good.

That Cruel Youth EP though is so good though. It sounds very similar to Lana Del Ray which satisfies my urge for her while she makes new shit.

To Vazduh, yeah that makes sense that she might not like her friend using that as a term as a casual goodbye. I could see why she would feel discombobulated with the usage of it. It's just how culture works and was bound to happen I think.

WaffleTaco

That Skylar Grey album is probably one of the worst I have heard this year. Uninspired, Boring, Annoying, and Disappointing.

Frodo

I'm drunk, but the problem with Blaccent is that it is that it is usually seen as a low-IQ, lower class or whatever you want to put it in a derogatory way when black people use it as part of their vernacular. But it is suddenly cool and hip when white people use it. It is not an indicator of racism by the person using it, but society at large. It is sell-able when it is a white girl using it, and it is dirty and rude if it is a black girl.

So unless we start seeing black girls though the same lenses, I think it would be nice to have white girls refraining from using it.

The article puts it better than I ever could, to be honest.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
new weeknd is fucking boring
sung himself to sleep

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Tracklists have never done anything for me
I love the font change on the title track though
living for this clean uncluttered image too

Kylie Minogue - Skirt is a underrated bop.

You should all repent.

Also, it is the right way to do a lyrics video:

click ha

To date still one of the only songs that incorporates dubstep influences the right way. There's a goddamn "wub wub" in it, and I love it.

Song if fire.

Matt_

we must be due for a new madonna era soon
have there been any rumours?

Matt_

if we're talking underrated Kylie, Right Here Right Now and The Other Boys >>>

actually you know what, where the fuck are the scissor sisters
their last album was full of bops

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
if we're talking underrated Kylie, Right Here Right Now and The Other Boys >>>

actually you know what, where the fuck are the scissor sisters
their last album was full of bops

On hiatus since 2012 and I dont think I heard any news of comeback or interest of coming out of that hiatus.

WaffleTaco

remember when yall were like "as if the super bowl would want to associate with flops"

🌝

Let's hope Joanne has songs worth performing.
Well she mostly will be playing her hit songs from The Fame to Born This Way, and maybe Applause and Perfect Illusion (unless she has another single then and it's a hit). People look back on her fondly as some great songs (Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance) and being really weird with a meat dress. If she doesn't do anything too bizarre than people will gain a lot of respect for her, and see her more as a proper artist (although Perfect Illusion doesn't help this message at all). I think this is her last big chance.

Just Dance
Pokerface
Love Game
Paparazzi
Bad Romance
Telephone
Alejandro
Born This Way
The Edge of Glory
Yoü and I
Applause
Do What U Want
Perfect Illusion*

This excellent singles run whew. If she could only perform 5 or 6 of these what do y'all think she'd go with?

*It'll click after 100 listens

Top Bottom