• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

pretty sure Starboy is going to debut pretty high and clock any momentum Perfect Illusion had. As it should since its an excellent song. I remain perched for the album.

v3F1o4d.jpg

Not Natalia Kills climbing the ranks like that. The EP just came out!

Servbot24

Banned
Is it just me or is this a notably down year for pop

CRJ and what else? Ariana Grande, Beyonce and Nao are all good but not something that will last. I do need to listen to the Laura Mvula album a bit more but didn't seem especially good

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So how's everyone doing?
You're all enjoying Perfect Illusion on Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes or YouTube, RIGHT?!

AZace2N.gif
Oh god no. Starboy is really good though. I also like the My Way song by Calvin Harris.

CRJ and what else? Ariana Grande, Beyonce and Nao are all good but not something that will last. I do need to listen to the Laura Mvula album a bit more but didn't seem especially good
CRJ is not that good. Beyoncé is the Queen right now of course. Rihanna had a really good album as well. Cruel Youth just released an excellent album. The Weeknd is coming out with one in November. Bruno Mars is supposed to be coming out with a new album as well.

However overall I will agree that Pop has been down this year, especially in the charts. There's been nothing really fun to dance to that's been in the Top Ten. However, almost all of it has been enjoyable to listen to.

Zutroy

The charts have been boring, but album wise Glory, Lemonade, Anti and All I Need have slayed.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
OMG another Cruel Youth EP is coming with the other songs she recorded that were not in +30 MG because she loved them. Yasss Violet Roses gonna happen.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
be careful with the hits and award noms = quality argument, unless you also want to defend nickleback, Adele and plenty of other junk
I do actually like Nickleback, at least some of their songs. They can be good fun. And Adele is a fantastic singer, that almost everyone will agree with.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I can't muster up the energy for JOANNE any longer. I convinced myself the song was a slay the day it released because she's probably still the most talented vocalist on the scene, but I realized I hadn't actually listened to Perfect Illusion since then until that.... "music video" released. What kind of washed up, low effort, poverty budget mess? I'm now seeing the Little Turds call it a masterpiece?

IkLRftY.gif

Now I'm hearing the album is going to be country-esque? Trying to fill the pre-pop Taylor void I guess since Taydolf took your spot in the pop pantheon?

IkLRftY.gif

Let me go listen to Born This Slay for my Gaga fix. I'm doubting she'll ever top this album.

2016 obviously belongs to this year's King and Queen Drake and Rihanna, with One Dance and This Is What You Came For. Vazduh was right.

What's Gaga even doing at this point? If I want amazing vocals with accompanying dark pop, I have V V Brown. If I want a surefire hit, there's Katy. If I want a nice music video, there's Rihanna. If I want an actual legend who isn't afraid to ruffle feathers, there's Madonna. Nevermind that male pop has caught up, and even surpassed the girls in some ways with The Weeknd, Drake, and Zayn Malik.

Is there even a place left for Stefani?

Vazduh

What's Gaga even doing at this point? If I want amazing vocals with accompanying dark pop, I have V V Brown. If I want a surefire hit, there's Katy. If I want a nice music video, there's Rihanna. If I want an actual legend who isn't afraid to ruffle feathers, there's Madonna. Nevermind that male pop has caught up, and even surpassed the girls in some ways with The Weeknd, Drake, and Zayn Malik.

Is there even a place left for Stefani?

I'm listening to The Edge of Glory ATM and reminiscing about the times when Gags knew when to sing and when to shout

��

Wait, is that... the awakening of Gaga fans I see?

FdIvyuZ.gif

I actually lived to see the day. Wow. Pleasantly surprised.

JoJo's FAB is such an addictive bop. Slay girl.

Also, I'm just gonna say it, GaGa is done. We need a new girl to take her place. I anxiously await for her presence.

Mau ®

nnnn the meltdowns over Gaga :ahh:

Even though she's mostly trash, I could never say she's over just because her lead didn't slay the world. Wait for the album at least. Even I'm optimistic about it. Maybe too optimistic.

Mau ®;218102243 said:
nnnn the meltdowns over Gaga :ahh:

Even though she's mostly trash, I could never say she's over just because her lead didn't slay the world. Wait for the album at least. Even I'm optimistic about it. Maybe too optimistic.

i mean one of her 4 albums was okay, while the other three were great. idk how that's mostly trash

Mau ®

i mean one of her 4 albums was okay, while the other three were great. idk how that's mostly trash

Yes, you're right I'm being too hard.

The Fame - Mediocre with amazing singles
The Fame Monster - Excellent
Born this Way - Excellent, though misunderstood.
ARTPOP - Mediocre.

She's very hit or miss though, IMO.

Top Bottom