• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Frodo

Whitney's Million Dollar Bill is such a great tune.

Edit: ooop top of the page:

3Sx5G6X.gif

Mau ®;218104247 said:
Yes, you're right I'm being too hard.

The Fame - Mediocre with amazing singles
The Fame Monster - Excellent
Born this Way - Excellent, though misunderstood.
ARTPOP - Mediocre.

She's very hit or miss though, IMO.

Lets be honest,

Only the Fame and Fame Monster were any good. Then she decided to get swallowed up in her own ass with over indulgent mediocrity with only some slivers of quality. Maybe having a toned down album will finally do her some good.

Frodo

I'M JUST GOING TO THE STORE, TO THE STORE
I'M JUST GOING TO THE STORE
YOU MIGHT NOT SEE ME ANY MORE, ANY MORE
I'M JUST GOING TO THE STORE.

dd8ff988fd.gif

Vazduh

Funny thing is, she's doing better now than she did before when she was actually trying to become super-famous under the Natalia Kills moniker.

Writing for Rihanna, Madonna, Alicia Keys... Not bad, tbh. Also, the recent EP is quite damn good.

I'M JUST GOING TO THE STORE, TO THE STORE
I'M JUST GOING TO THE STORE
YOU MIGHT NOT SEE ME ANY MORE, ANY MORE
I'M JUST GOING TO THE STORE.

Yassssss, Queen Carly taking us to the store

EQRaVYc.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Funny thing is, she's doing better now than she did before when she was actually trying to become super-famous under the Natalia Kills moniker.

Writing for Rihanna, Madonna, Alicia Keys... Not bad, tbh. Also, the recent EP is quite damn good.
Plus apparently she is working with way more people now than when she was on Interscope but cant reveal yet because she gotta wait for the artists to announce the songs themselves so she doesnt leak info.

Edit:Carly is taking ya'll to the dollar store

Vazduh

Plus apparently she is working with way more people now than when she was on Interscope but cant reveal yet because she gotta wait for the artists to announce the songs themselves so she doesnt leak info.

Edit:Carly is taking ya'll to the dollar store

Considering my current account balance, my (temporarily) poor ass will gladly take the dollar store.

y6NGQ.gif

Forever perched for whatever Teddy/Verb/Natalia is making.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
lol, did this thread die or something?
Pretty much lol. There's nothing really out right now (except Cruel Youth EP) and Gaga's single is a flop. It's a good thing the Weeknd will save us, otherwise ain't nothing coming out for the rest of the year. Not sure why Meghan Trainor, Fifth Harmony and Ariana Grande released their albums all within a span of a month (especially after Beyoncé) yet here we are.

Vazra

Gaga's single fell out of Top 20 so the stans withdrew for a bit.

Lets forget about ha. Diamond Days video might be coming this Friday. If its as good as Mr. Watson I'll be having trouble picking VOTY on the PopGAF Grammys if they happen.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Gaga's single fell out of Top 20 so the stans withdrew for a bit.

Lets forget about ha.

The bright side of Gagita flopping and JOANNE shaping up to be a mess is that you need not look to the future for quality albums, but instead just look to the recent past.

Zayn Malik's Mind of Mine and Madonna's Rebel Heart are still available in their entirety and both still slay. 💅 Do yourselves a favor and revisit them with fresh ears and a clear mind.

y6NGQ.gif

Vazra

I will revisit Bionic before revisiting Rebel Trash and Taint Malik album sounds almost like 1 full track

llehuty

The bright side of Gagita flopping and JOANNE shaping up to be a mess is that you need not look to the future for quality albums, but instead just look to the recent past.

Zayn Malik's Mind of Mine and Madonna's Rebel Heart are still available in their entirety and both still slay. 💅 Do yourselves a favor and revisit them with fresh ears and a clear mind.

GaEgKlu.gif

Frodo

Rebel Heat still has Living for Love, Ghosttown, Joanne
of arc
, Iconic, and a few other bops. It is not Madonna standards of quality, but it is still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some of the talentless hews rihjects rihlease every year. Overall it is a bloated mess, highly affected by the leaks, but it still has some highlights.

Zayn is trash tho.

WaffleTaco

Zayn's album pretty much put me to sleep and not in a good way. I don't think I even finished reviewing it, because it was god awful and just ambient elevator noise.

2016 is the PhiPhi of pop TBH.

Beyonce and Rihanna delivered their best work, and Gaga probably will too. Also allegedly Britney's album was good but I can't say myself. Sounds like a great year for the pop girls all things considered.

2015 was super meh in comparison imo

Vazra

Cruel Youth alone made this year great tbh. Can Joanne deliver something on the quality of that EP? NOPE

WaffleTaco

Beyonce and Rihanna delivered their best work, and Gaga probably will too. Also allegedly Britney's album was good but I can't say myself. Sounds like a great year for the pop girls all things considered.

2015 was super meh in comparison imo
Britney's album is pretty terrible.

I don't really remember 2015, although I did enjoy Honeymoon and Beauty Behind the Madness.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;218246297 said:
2016 has been quite great. Ya'll need to stop depending on the "main" artists to get good music tbh.
!!!

And to be fair most of the main artists that already released music produced quality material.

2016 is great so far.

WaffleTaco

Confessioń post: I got Apple Music so I've finally listened to 1989 and it's a slay tbh.
You had never listened to 1989 before now?? It's a really good album, and there is a reason it won AOTY for the 2016 Grammys. (Although I personally think Kendrick should have won). The deluxe songs are really good too, although you can't listen to them on Apple Music I don't think.

Delete your account.
it's like the music carly tries to make but can't.
You had never listened to 1989 before now?? It's a really good album, and there is a reason it won AOTY for the 2016 Grammys. (Although I personally think Kendrick should have won). The deluxe songs are really good too, although you can't listen to them on Apple Music I don't think.
nope! and I think the deluxe ver is on apple music now :)
Really dark times for Gaga fans.
:(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's like the music carly tries to make but can't.

e-mo-tion is better than 1989 and even taydolf stans admit it tho.
micheal_zps45ccf519.gif

but congratulations i guess for moving outside of your self-imposed gaga prison. now that you have something to compare it to i'm sure that your opinion of post-TFM gaga will crumble like literally every other gaga stan's has done.

e-mo-tion is better than 1989 and even taydolf stans admit it tho.
micheal_zps45ccf519.gif

but congratulations i guess for moving outside of your self-imposed gaga prison. now that you have something to compare it to i'm sure that your opinion of post-TFM gaga will crumble like literally every other gaga stan's has done.
i mean this is pretty much what i've been listening to this year. i've probably listened to gaga's albums maybe twice this year.
that's not an exhaustive list by any means but i barely listen to her anymore.

Top Bottom