• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

B-Dex

Queen Mimi's Infamous is such a tune. Once again slaying 26 years into her career.

mariah-smile.gif

What kind of touchdown dillusions. Empire and Jussie Smollet's Infamous. Featuring a Meme.

The thing I hate about Million Reasons is that it comes straight after Perfect Illusions

Going from a song so full of energy to that drag is completely jarring

GAGA, qween of poor pacing tracklists 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

rz4an.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Million Reasons is, surprisingly, one of the more listenable things she's done in a while. It is absolutely not country and barely adjacent to, but I can accept that the genre may have had an influence. The problem is that the song is dull as dishwater and her vocals don't suit the music at all, particularly when there are numerous artists doing this sort of thing - whether in [legit] country/alt-country or acoustic singer-songwriters - in a way that's far, far more effective than what's been limply plopped in front of us here. This is akin to her jazz "effort" which only comes off as karaoke to songs done better by, well, almost anyone before her. These things are great soundbites for the media ("omg gaga is soooo diverse!") but rarely worth your time given the readily-available alternatives.

llehuty

Million Reasons is, surprisingly, one of the more listenable things she's done in a while. It is absolutely not country and barely adjacent to, but I can accept that the genre may have had an influence. The problem is that the song is dull as dishwater and her vocals don't suit the music at all, particularly when there are numerous artists doing this sort of thing - whether in [legit] country/alt-country or acoustic singer-songwriters - in a way that's far, far more effective than what's been limply plopped in front of us here. This is akin to her jazz "effort" which only comes off as karaoke to songs done better by, well, almost anyone before her. These things are great soundbites for the media ("omg gaga is soooo diverse!") but rarely worth your time given the readily-available alternatives.

thats-none-of-my-business-10.gif

I can't with this accuracy.

olympia

on point tbh. it doesn't make me feel anything

i'm not really feeling infamous either and i like mariah. what do

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Million Reasons is growing on me, but not by much. I'm praying that Hey Girl (feat Florence Welch) will slay me.

byUsS9I.jpg

Frodo

I like Million Reasons???!

The problem is this thing Gaga is doing with her voice.

I mean... Right?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Million Reasons sucks ass.

Why is the most talented singer of our generation wasting her time on this Taylor Swift reject song? Hopefully it's a one-off like Brooklyn Nights and not actually on the album. Hype for JOANNE deflating.

cJLYltg.gif

Little Mons†er;219318023 said:
Let the haters seethe

Pooplio is garbage.

Litten >>>>>>>>>>>

latest

Million Reasons sucks ass.

Why is the most talented singer of our generation wasting her time on this Taylor Swift reject song? Hopefully it's a one-off like Brooklyn Nights and not actually on the album. Hype for JOANNE deflating.

cJLYltg.gif

Pooplio is garbage.

Litten >>>>>>>>>>>

latest

Million Reasons sounds like a filler, it's cute but that's it

Unless GAGA is purposely releasing the shit songs before release and all the amazing songs are on the album and we'll all love them and her again <3

Also litten's final evo will be trash

cJLYltg.gif

Rowlet is the real winner

MANUELF

Banned
Million Reasons is #4 on iTunes lol

Also Gaga continues to be a great person who (unlike some artists) genuinely loves her fans:
Is not helping Perfect Illusion that much though, when Britney released the preorders for Glory both the promo single and the single were in the top 10

Also doesnt Taylor do free meets and greets in every show she does? and you all call that fake, she sends gifts to her fans and she is fake and she even donates to some fans that need it and she is evil according to you guys

B-Dex

Is not helping Perfect Illusion that much though, when Britney released the preorders for Glory both the promo single and the single were in the top 10

Also doesnt Taylor do free meets and greets in every show she does? and you all call that fake, she sends gifts to her fans and she is fake and she even donates to some fans that need it and she is evil according to you guys

That's why Hitlord and her team love Scream Queens. &#128133;&#127998;

Hope y'all are ready for Chanel-O-Ween. &#127875;

Taylor is the devil though

She just is

You don't question it

Ever.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Taylor is very calculated though. Almost everything she does is done for a reason, she's kind of like a robot. Her whole small-town girl, not being able to get guy as a teenager because she wasn't a cute cheerleader is just ridiculous since she was rich as fuck. However she has made quite a few enemies over the years and I the tide is starting to turn against her.

MANUELF

Banned
Taylor is very calculated though. Almost everything she does is done for a reason, she's kind of like a robot. Her whole small-town girl, not being able to get guy as a teenager because she wasn't a cute cheerleader is just ridiculous since she was rich as fuck. However she has made quite a few enemies over the years and I the tide is starting to turn against her.

But you guys stan Beyonce and that has been her whole career

Okay, Million Reasons is slaying me. Much better than Speechless, which tbh I always thought was grating. Dope was just plain crap. But, Million Reasons is cute and listenable. I like it better than Perfect Illusion, too. Gaga is slowly winning me back. :)

royalan

Gaga is deplorable.

I've finally figured out the problem I have with Gaga when she strays from Pop. She becomes a caricature of the genre she's imitating that's so blatant it's insulting.

The over-the-top intonation she adopted when singing Jazz? Offensive to actual lovers of the genre.

The cattlehide when performing country music? Offensive to real lovers of country.

Lady Gaga is shit with ashy knees.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gaga is deplorable.

I've finally figured out the problem I have with Gaga when she strays from Pop. She becomes a caricature of the genre she's imitating that's so blatant it's insulting.

The over-the-top intonation she adopted when singing Jazz? Offensive to actual lovers of the genre.

The cattlehide when performing country music? Offensive to real lovers of country.

Lady Gaga has become the pop music equivalent of the white girl in ugg boots at Starbucks. Just offensive in her sense of entitlement.

GO MOTHERFUCKING IN. IM THROBBING!

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
But you guys stan Beyonce and that has been her whole career
Eh, I just don't like her cause I'm Team Kanye.
Gaga is deplorable.

Lady Gaga has become the pop music equivalent of the white girl in ugg boots at Starbucks. Just offensive in her sense of entitlement.
Woah...I really don't act that entitled.

Also this new Bruno Mars song is like "what the fuck am I listening to." It's a damn parody.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Maan these new gaga songs suck. I'm sorry.

To all gaga fans on this thread idk how but i hope you enjoy Joanne

Thank you. It's hard to stan Gaga. It really is. Every time she releases something new I get excited that I'll be taken back to the days of me dancing semi nude in front of the mirror to Poker Face, but I know those days are long gone.

I pray the bops will return...that's all one can do.

UfaUShP.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Gaga is deplorable.

Lady Gaga is shit with ashy knees.

yeah pretty much.......i don't have a problem with her branching out.....it's the fact that she does it so artlessly that makes it flop for me

Vazduh

Can't disagree with any of these statements.

E7d7I4G.gif

I'll still listen to the album, tho.

Top Bottom