• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

MANUELF

Banned
Mau ®;220949983 said:
Gaga did an cringe interview with Zane Lowe and went mad when asked about Madonna.

See for yourself at minute 31

Jesus. She's insufferable.

She is really pathetic, is she seriously saying that she and Madonna cant compare because she write her songs and play instruments?
giphy.gif

olympia

i'm always one to appreciate a good departure but man the approach here just falls so flat. it's just insanely dull. sorry to go negative but i'm pretty bummed out about it

grigio girls omg lmfao

Frodo

She is really pathetic, is she seriously saying that she and Madonna cant compare because she write her songs and play instruments?
giphy.gif

Madonna has been writing her own songs since forever now, and she plays instruments too, and produces her music as well. But she is right. She isn't Madonna. She never will be. No one will ever be like Madonna.

Frodo

Listening to Joana, and... It is not as awful as you guys made it sound. Gaga still ruins a few songs that could be great without her, though.

A-YO, John Wayne, and Dancing in Circles are okay.

LOL thanks :)

Speaking of slays, did you see the big Switch reveal? King Nintendo is BACK. The PieceofShit 4 and XDone are over.

Thank the Lord Nintendo is here to save this creatively bankrupt industry

JeMj1Zm.gif

OMG the SLAYTendo sWINtch completely alienated the RDR reveal trailer. A GAGA and Katy Perry 2013 Tea.

Delay station and XDone are... Done

Nintendo gonna Nintendo

JeMj1Zm.gif

Frodo

Okay, I finished Joana.

I don't hate it? But I'll probably will not be revisiting it. I'll listen to a few songs if they play somewhere, without complaining too much. But that is it. I like that it feels more intimate, and apart from Perfect Illusion (by far the worst song of the album together with Come to Mama) it sounds like a very cohesive piece of work.

Little Mons†er;220976728 said:
OMG the SLAYTendo sWINtch completely alienated the RDR reveal trailer. A GAGA and Katy Perry 2013 Tea.

Delay station and XDone are... Done

Nintendo gonna Nintendo

JeMj1Zm.gif

Yep. This was a very nice week.

JeMj1Zm.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
could you imagine your own reaction if you travelled back in time to the height of call me maybe euphoria in 2012 and told yourself that in 2016 Carly Rae Jepsen will release a collection of b-sides that's better and more artistically accomplished than lady gaga's album of the same year?

Vazduh

could you imagine your own reaction if you travelled back in time to the height of call me maybe euphoria in 2012 and told yourself that in 2016 Carly Rae Jepsen will release a collection of b-sides that's better and more artistically accomplished than lady gaga's album of the same year?

It would have looked something like

tumblr_inline_o7a0npUHfO1qhebd8_540.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's OK, but tbh, career-wise they're pretty much done. I feel like they've been releasing the "buzz"/"lead" single every couple of months.

tumblr_meb1xiU0n81r3ty02o1_500.gif
Charli blessed them with a hit at least
Edit: 90 second snippet of Charli XCX on iTunes.

Rent a rapper strikes again and ruins the song that otherwise is not too strong based on the snippet. It does sound radio friendly I suppose.

I still haven't listened to How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful

I really enjoyed Lungs but I thought Ceremonials was a bit too same-y. Some standout tracks but I think the entirety of Lungs is excellent.

Is HBHBHB good?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I really enjoyed Lungs but I thought Ceremonials was a bit too same-y. Some standout tracks but I think the entirety of Lungs is excellent.

Is HBHBHB good?
I see everyone praise it so maybe?

Frodo

Unimaginable back then. I never thought I would stan Carly, and yet...

You can get Joanne for $3.99 on Amazon. Only today tho.
c621695140d611de061cabf0ff76257c515aee9b.jpg
this was a rule they implemented after btw's $1 fiasco
Unit sales for Albums priced below $3.49 during their first four weeks of release will not be eligible for inclusion on the Billboard album charts and will not count towards sales data presented by Nielsen SoundScan.
literally cutting it as close as they could to still get it to chart
phiTggj.gif

maybe if you have to do this to still get to #1 there's something wrong with the album
phiTggj.gif

Ahasverus

Is HBHBHB good?
It's not that good, honestly it feels like Florence selling out. Which is sad, her voice must match weird music to shine.

Little Mons†er;220991722 said:
It's sad how I only use 7 of the songs :/

tumblr_mjftnwceAm1s6ndfzo1_500.gif

same. literally 7.

I'm kind of annoyed lmao. did not wait 3 years for 39 minutes of music, half of which is bad :/

it's extra annoying cus i am living for her general aesthetic this era

rhandino

Banned
And here I was innocently thinking that she wanted the flop sales / critical acclaim combo for this era and to reign as the new alternative pop Queen but it seems that at the end of the day some people never change.

KJLsNqt.gif

ANYWAY! Let me celebrate Joanne Day by replaying it on mute and give the good sis some stream coins for at least trying with Dancin in Circles, Million Reasons, John Wayne and the first 10 seconds of Perfect Illusion.

I only like 7 of them too lol.

Come to Mama is good, don't care what people say.

Why do we gotta tell each other how to live?
The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in

Come to Mama is a slick callback to the Born This Way deep cuts IMO. That corny dogma layered with 80s sax and tossed into like a weird salad of all her musical influences pulling from different sides. I'm getting Lennon in the message, Dylan in the delivery, Springsteen in the production and Whitney in the outro. It's 100% fan service.

On a related note, I'm hoping Dancin In Circles is her second single, and not the unpolished A-YO.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So I listened to it again, and I may have been wrong to say it was as good The Fame. I really did enjoy it though, I love the sound, I just wish it had better lyrics. Also the bonus tracks were good. Another Day is a perfect fall song for me.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So Alex da Kid (he's the producer of songs like, "Airplanes, Love The Way You Lie, Coming Home, I Need a Doctor, Radioactive, Demons,
Bed of Lies, and also the main producer for Imagine Dragons, X Ambassadors and Skylar Grey) apparently released his first song as a solo artist called Not Easy (feat. X Ambassadors, Elle King & Wiz Khalifa).It's the most random collection of people, but it's really good surprisingly.

3 hours is fine by me tbh.

i'm not travelling for that long most of the time
ri0m2BK.jpg
But then what's the point? It seems like it might be a weaker XBONE and the draw is supposed to be playing your games on the go...but you can't really even do that because it's only 3 hours. And that's assuming you power it off, what if you leave it on sleep mode?

But then what's the point? It seems like it might be a weaker XBONE and the draw is supposed to be playing your games on the go...but you can't really even do that because it's only 3 hours. And that's assuming you power it off, what if you leave it on sleep mode?

nintendo games tbh

i will always go where they are because i love them :)

I own a Wii U and 3 3DSes

What if Nintendo release a portable battery pack that will have like 5-10hours worth of battery life in it so you can charge it on the go?

It's popular with phones nowadays so...

Top Bottom