• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

What? One couldn't tell a later era Lana song from another to stay alive. They're all this slow, string heavy, wailing, faux-30's, melody-less mess.
? U.V has heavy rock influences that can be heard in literally every song on the album. You can clearly tell Cruel World is a UV song and not a BTD one. Honeymoon on the other hand aims for a dreamy sound with Trap influences that's heard in almost every song on that album, Salvatore for example doesn't sound like anything in UV or BTD. Not only that, but the vibe of every album is different. I don't know if you've actually heard the albums or anything or if you're basing this off of tired memes but come on.

I know it's hard to admit your fave's latest failed attempt is getting dragged and that it's hard to accept that Gaga will pretend like Joanne never existed, but don't drag Lana into this mess.

Ahasverus

You can clearly tell Cruel World is a UV song and not a BTD one.
I'm obviously talking about the UV-MH era. UV has some drums here and there but that doesn't make it less sleep inducing.
I know it's hard to admit your fave's latest failed attempt is getting dragged and that it's hard to accept that Gaga will pretend like Joanne never existed, but don't drag Lana into this mess.
But Lana IS my fave
tumblr_inline_n8ev9rotJr1s09x9t.gif

Ahasverus

The internet has been too quiet about the supposedly new Lana album. Makes me believe that was just a hack looking for attention.

Let me pray with you for its truthfulness.
IORnpQg.gif

MrV4ltor

but if a radio guy wanted attention he'd go for hitlor swift or katy perry or something...not lana rip

Well Hitlor is probably coming next week anyway and Tit isn't done with her alberm yet, probably Q1

Also: DIC(K) is really good. Makes me think about going straight for 3 minutes and 27 seconds.
Slay a bit Josephine!

wk6BJ0k.gif

If Lana wants to chart, then she should endorse the (soon to be) award-winning video game Final Fantasy 7 Remake starring NeoGAF Poster Blood Diamonds' fave Cloud Strife.

If Lana wants to chart, then she should endorse the (soon to be) award-winning video game Final Fantasy 7 Remake starring NeoGAF Poster Blood Diamonds' fave Cloud Strife.
Fortunately, Lana doesn't care about the charts just like I don't care about paying 5.99 for guaranteed winS.

I bought him but never use him rip

Vazduh

Most of us who aren't fans of the album were actually hoping for something decent, but what we got instead was

be_quiet_tiffany_2.gif

and

tumblr_ng5xfuXtLg1rrjbeno1_500.gif

Sinner's Prayer is solid, tbh.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I thin Perfect Illusion is actually the worst song. Because she just fucking screams.
I agree with this actually. I think it's a horrible representation of the album and should have not been the first single.
Little Mons†er;221188356 said:
Give in to JOANNE!

Come to Mama remains untouchable
Come to Mama is so corny, but I would say it's okay.

You can apply that to Glory not Juana
Glory is generally just bad though and annoying, and I would say I casually like Britney Spears most of the time (Circus, Toxic, Femme Fatale Remix). I'm honestly surprised the album was favoured so well.

MANUELF

Banned
Glory is generally just bad though and annoying, and I would say I casually like Britney Spears most of the time (Circus, Toxic, Femme Fatale Remix). I'm honestly surprised the album was favoured so well.
That makes you the exception when both critics and fans think otherwise, just like critics are saying Glory is better than Juana

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
That makes you the exception when both critics and fans think otherwise, just like critics are saying Glory is better than Juana
Critics can be wrong. They gave Charlie Puth's album an overall score of 37. It's not the best album at all, but that's too low of score for it. I stopped trusting critics after that for the most part. They generally rate people they like too high and people they don't too low. After all does anybody think Glory is Britney's second best album, only a point away from being tied to her best on the meta critic average? I think Joanne has a meta critic score that matches it. I would rate it a little bit higher, buts it's over fine. If you are going to rate an album try to be as non-biased as possible, that's how I am.

Ahasverus

Call Me whenever Britney does a powerful social commentary track in the vein of Angel Down. Ha, she would probably choke trying to sing its verse.

What a slay.

Yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in using metacritic scores as ammo for anything in here, considering how contextual album reviews are. Unless we all also agree that Lotus is a higher quality album than Stripped?

Can we pls not use metacritic as a metric to decide what is good and what isn't good. Joanne isn't the greatest album ever, it's also not the awful piece of shit some of you make it out to be.

Mau ®

Remember when Rihanna released a country-folk pop song, entered the Top 5 and was critically acclaimed?

Not everybody can do that tbh. Ugh what a legend. Queen of Pop!

tumblr_njb51u0t6u1qh9nffo1_400.gif

MANUELF

Banned
I find it funny that you guys are saying Metacritic is irrelevant except when it helps your agenda like MBDTF deserved GOTY or Lemonade is the best album this year

Koodo

Banned
It's interesting the correlation between stanbases and certain critical scores who are always the first to dismiss Metacritic, when the tea that is spilled by that reaction is scathing since it's either:

a) Cognitive dissonance finally sinking in, and the deluded are perhaps realizing they are enjoying an album for reasons that have nothing to do with actually enjoying the music
b) Bothered by the critical consensus, despite claiming otherwise, and in turn reinforcing the relevance of the critical reception

It's even sadder when the artist itself engages in any of the above, or both.

Majmun

Joanne, the track, is actually really good. Angel Down and Grigio Girls are cute.

The rest is trash. I think I'm done with Gaga.

Both Artpop and Joanne are baaaad. Can't stan(d) ha anymore.

OMG Queen ain't playing this year. Her yearly slayage is COMING...if the girls can't knock off Haley then Mama will have to do it haself
dUT6UOn.png
Christmas Carpool Careyoke is coming!!!!

CvV__HhVUAEgTg_.jpg

c0d3845803.jpg

f719659e42.jpg

417fe08f96.jpg

0IEq1DW.gif

Santa mama comin for that 1 billion view carpool careyoke!

--------

Watchin X Factor today is so depressing. Only one or two people that could even have b-list pop careers.

Still waitin for Louisa Johnson to slay after the tears sawng.

Top Bottom