• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

I did what I had to do and it must have helped some because Upchuck Flem fell short thankfully. you can believe I WILL NOT allow ClownSmokers to achieve such a feat. It will not happen on my watch.

FnJAfiX.gif

Touchdown and ha iconic threads lol

I still remember your "Why is Nintendo Slaying" thread which got derailed big time with gifs of weave snatching.

A mess lol

FnJAfiX.gif

rhandino

Banned
The moment when you realize that Bad Romance was not a #1 hit because it was cockblocked first by Jay-z and Alicia Keys (with Empire - State of Mind) and then by Kesha (with Tik Tok) of all people.

0KTskRm.gif

Meowster

I was expecting Godga to sell a lot less than she currently is. And now Million Reasons is in the top ten on iTunes, ugh, time to scrap A-Yo already.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Carpoool karaoke was great! A-YO is the next single so let's get some payola going and dethrone the chainsmokers.
I think it's going to be Drake...and that sucks because Drake is just ugh now
I do like Fake Love, although it sounds very similar to Hotline Bling
The moment when you realize that Bad Romance was not a #1 hit because it was cockblocked first by Jay-z and Alicia Keys (with Empire - State of Mind) and then by Kesha (with Tik Tok) of all people.

0KTskRm.gif
I did not know this...I'm honestly surprised Empire State of Mind got #1 though. I bet it's because everyone in NYC bought it.

Lady Gaga's second single choice is always cursed. First Judas was outperformed by Edge of Glory and quickly nuked, then Venus was about to drop until Do What U Want showed some legs, then became a promo single instead. Now that she's adamant about AYO, Million Reasons is climbing up the charts. It's at number 7 while AYO is at 15. lmao

Ahasverus

Lady Gaga's second single choice is always cursed. First Judas was outperformed by Edge of Glory and quickly nuked, then Venus was about to drop until Do What U Want showed some legs, then became a promo single instead. Now that she's adamant about AYO, Million Reasons is climbing up the charts. It's at number 7 while AYO is at 15. lmao
AYO lmao

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Well she did choose Perfect Illusion as a lead single even though most would consider it the worst song on the album. I would consider AYO the second worse. I always wondered why she chooses second singles so close to the album release date. Like let your fans decide which one is best and then release it a week or two after your album is released. Pokerface and Telephone were both good second singles though, with the former being her most popular song I think.

MrV4ltor

And she really wants to sell, she has been pretty much everywhere promoting the album, bought the Superbowl perfomance spot, discounted her songs on itunes and her album on amazon, etc..

She's literally only been on 3 US TV shows (One of those didn't even have a performance) so far and has cancelled major promo spots in the UK, so idk how you could be under the impression that she's everywhere doing promo for the album.
The album discount on amazon only lasted 24 hours and could only be accessed through a special link, so slay @ Gags getting those 4k extra sales because of that discount, I guess.
And she didn't buy the superbowl spot, just like all other previous superbowl performers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So glad that Million Reasons and the whole album are doing so well on iTunes after the minimal promo :)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Joanne is kinda slaying my existence right now
how she does it I do not know, but she gets me no matter what

Mau ®;221604751 said:
Tove Lo's "Lady Wood" is kinda reviewing well.

hyped as fuck for this.
need a new pop album in my life,
last one was glory

Wurst

Hello Pop-Gaf,
I listened to Joanne with my roommate today. We're both great fans. We were devastated.

But you saved us. Thank you for showing us that "I Want Your Love" cover by Gaga. It's everything we ever wanted and better than anything on Joanne.

Hello Pop-Gaf,
I listened to Joanne with my roommate today. We're both great fans. We were devastated.

But you saved us. Thank you for showing us that "I Want Your Love" cover by Gaga. It's everything we ever wanted and better than anything on Joanne.

A mess because we all literally wanted that from ha as well

FnJAfiX.gif

Maybe she'll release an EP next year with all of RedOne's cast-outs to put the nation at ease. I'm not stressing tho, Joanne has been snatching me bald every day this past week.

iTunes update:

Albums:
#1 Joanne

Songs:
#4 Million Reasons
#12 A-YO
#23 Perfect Illusion

The good sis PI back from the dead, albeit briefly. RISE

Little Mons†er;221611455 said:
A mess because we all literally wanted that from ha as well

FnJAfiX.gif
Mess :-||||
Maybe she'll release an EP next year with all of RedOne's cast-outs to put the nation at ease. I'm not stressing tho, Joanne has been snatching me bald every day this past week.

iTunes update:

Albums:
#1 Joanne

Songs:
#4 Million Reasons
#12 A-YO
#23 Perfect Illusion

The good sis PI back from the dead, albeit briefly. RISE
Huh. Have sales figures been officially announced yet?

Meowster

131. The Edge of Glory
141. Poker Face
145. Born This Way
167. Bad Romance
278. Just Dance
305. You and I
429. Bad Romance
443. Applause
459. Paparazzi
863. Alejandro
1305. LoveGame
1403. Telephone

Poor Telephone lol.

So after extensive time with joanne, these are the only tracks

Diamond Heart
Joanne
Dancin in Circles
Come to Mama
Hey Girl
Angel Down
Just Another Day

Bonus shout out to Just Another Day for helping me deal a little with crippling anxiety.

Fuck y'all Come To Mama is the homosexual rollercoaster ride I demand from Gaga every album cycle. It's infectious and wonderful.

"Why we gotta put each other down? We're talking the same old shit after all these years!" - Gaga, on POPGAF

Angel Down is one of the weakest for me actually. Almost cooked but not quite. Needed a real bridge and longer outro. Sometimes there's such a thing as too much editing down. :p

Meowster

2 Lady Gaga Million Reasons
12 Lady Gaga A-YO
20 Lady Gaga Perfect Illusion

98 Lady Gaga Joanne
166 Lady Gaga Hey Girl (feat. Florence Welch)
227 Lady Gaga Grigio Girls
276 Lady Gaga Diamond Heart
279 Lady Gaga Angel Down
282 Lady Gaga Dancin' in Circles

308 Lady Gaga John Wayne
343 Lady Gaga Sinner's Prayer
387 Lady Gaga Just Another Day

943 Lady Gaga Come to Mama

ahh.gif

Thoughts while listening to Joanne.

01. Diamond Heart - Not bad. Too short.
02. A-Yo - Not bad.
03. Joanne - Don't like the vocal affectation in the beginning. Very pretty. Makes me sad.
04. John Wayne - Chorus is dumb. But whatevs. Not bad.
05. Dancin In Circles - Trrrrrrrash. Why is she always hollering?
06. Perfect Illusion - Um... it's aight. The key change is still jarring as fuck. No build up or anything. Just *bam* key change. More hollering.
07. Million Reasons - Inoffensive. Unimpressive.
08. Sinners Prayer - Oh? This one might get a thumbs up...
09. Come To Mama - Um... she almost had me... then the chorus. Pass.
10. Hey Girl - Makes me want to listen to Benny and the Jets. I detest Florence's goat vocals. But she seems fairly restrained. I *might* like this.
11. Angel Down - Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. She almost had me tho.
12. Grigio Girls - The troublesome chorus trend continues. *eyeroll* at the spice girl line. The end makes me want to listen to Leave Your Boyfriends Behind or Intuition.
13. Just Another Day - Eh. Not a strong closer, but aight.
14. Angel Down (Work Tape) - Better than the other one. Shrug.

I usually only like 1 song from a Gaga album this time around I only disliked one song. Not a bad album at all. As long as she stays away that Dancin In Circles sound she's a-ok with me. I'd give her 3 out of 5 stars for the effort.

Ahasverus

12 Lady Gaga A-YO

98 Lady Gaga Joanne
279 Lady Gaga Angel Down

308 Lady Gaga John Wayne

ahh.gif
It's 600 positions behind a bonus track. RIP.

rhandino

Banned
12 Lady Gaga A-YO

98 Lady Gaga Joanne
279 Lady Gaga Angel Down

308 Lady Gaga John Wayne

ahh.gif

ELxOeNQ.gif

Top Bottom