• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Aguila

#ICONIC
Imprison ha.

U3mIbJw.gif

rhandino

Banned
My list of faves that I would kill to see live would be something like:

1) Beyonce (current)

2) Mariah Carey (at her prime)

3) Madonna (During the Confessions era)

4) Whitney Houston (at her prime, ofc)

5) Michael Jackson (During the 90's)

6) Prince (Almost every single period)

7) Bruno Mars (Currently)

8) Katy Perry (Shut up! The production on her concert looks divine and I would be surrounded by a bunch of cute teenage girls while the Mother Katheryn slay my ears with ha stadium anthems)

9) Callie and Marie

1) Beyonce (current)

8) Katy Perry (Shut up! The production on her concert looks divine and I would be surrounded by a bunch of cute teenage girls while the Mother Katheryn slay my ears with ha stadium anthems)

9) Callie and Marie

I've never seen GAGA live yet ;_;

Although I have seen Riri and that was amazing

U3mIbJw.gif

Majmun

I've seen Dua Lipa live in Cologne last month. She's amazing

I expected 10 remixes of Be The One, but she has a lot of cool new stuff coming up.

Touchdown

Banned

1) Beyonce (current)

9) Callie and Marie

I will be seeing Mariah again this December at the Beacon Theatre in New York for ha annual Christmas spectacular. You should come with.

U3mIbJw.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I've seen Dua Lipa live in Cologne last month. She's amazing

I expected 10 remixes of Be The One, but she has a lot of cool new stuff coming up.

My most anticipated new artist tbh
her current discog is devoid of flaws

The Flop

Banned
Touchdown!

How do we defeat the evil that is the bad habit Known as Chainsmoking?

One must stop them!

Who can we grab by the P*ssy to get the job done?

Does Mariah have ha bat phone ready?

Batman66Movie_Part1_9.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Touchdown!

How do we defeat the evil that is the bad habit Known as Chainsmoking?

One must stop them!

Who can we grab by the P*ssy to get the job done?

Does Mariah have ha bat phone ready?

Batman66Movie_Part1_9.gif

I'm still brainstorming a few things. The cocksmokers will NOT touch this record.

8088046644.gif

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
What have we decided are the best and worst tracks on Joanne?

Best: Sinner's Prayer
Worst: Angel Down

I come to redact my previous post about Joanne. I am loving this album...weird I know, but after a few dozen times listening to it at the gym it really grew on me

I would love it if Halsey took down Mariah's record for the infinite cackles but let's be realistic here... Ha record is 16 weeks and cl*ser is barely at 11.... It's just not realistic

Mau ®

At least Closer is global. I can assure you nobody outside the US knows about "One Sweet Day".

Heck, I reckon few americans today recall "One Sweet Day".

Mau ®;222549815 said:
At least Closer is global. I can assure you nobody outside the US knows about "One Sweet Day".

Please, Primeriah was very much global. Closer will be forgotten within the month right as the next shit edm dj using some soundcloud hew shits out another saccharine radio friendly lowest common denominator musical tripe.

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;222549815 said:

You reckon wrong sunny boy. One Sweet Day was a global smash and definitely a smash in the USA. The reason Billboard named it the song of the decade. It won many accolades and is played on many an occasion here in the States. She performed it at the infamous Princess Diana memorial service which was the biggest event on the planet at the time.

Frodo

Please, Primeriah was very much global. Closer will be forgotten within the month right as the next shit edm dj using some soundcloud hew shits out another saccharine radio friendly lowest common denominator musical tripe.

I can not read any lies about Closer here. It is completely disposable, and I actually like Chainsmokers.

VXoVshf.gif

We Belong Together should have broken ONe Sweet Day's record, as it is a much better, and actual listenable song. I can't with the over singing in OSD

You reckon wrong sunny boy. One Sweet Day was a global smash and definitely a smash in the USA. The reason Billboard named it the song of the decade. It won many accolades and is played on many an occasion here in the States. She performed it at the infamous Princess Diana memorial service which was the biggest event on the planet at the time.
Global smash is a bit much, even the wiki article says it was only moderately succesful internationally. And for good reason, generally Europe was not here for that shitty nineties r&b music that pestered the states at the time. Only R Kelly managed to torture European airwaves with his dreck.

I think it's the reason why Mariah holds so many records in the American music industry (best selling, most number ones, longest streak of number ones, ...), and less so internationally (where Madonna trounces her). Had Mariah gone for straight pop music, she probably would've done better. But as it stands now, I doubt even half my friends would recognize the "One Sweet Day" song if I let them hear it. I had to youtube it and listen up until the chorus before I sort of recognized it.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Mau ®;222549815 said:

Never heard of "One Sweet Day."

This is true, I like the song, but am very surprised it has lasted this long.

Oh well this explains why I have never heard of it, it's a nineties song. The only thing I like from the ninties is Nirvana, Friends and Jurassic Park.

rhandino

Banned
Oh well this explains why I have never heard of it, it's a nineties song. The only thing I like from the ninties is Nirvana, Friends and Jurassic Park.
But what about Janet Jackson's The Velvet Rope

Janet_Jackson_-_The_Velvet_Rope.jpg

or Xtincta Vitaguilera Self-titled:

Christinaaguilera-christinaaguilera.jpg

Madonna also was there changing pop music and culture withe Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories

Ray_of_Light_Madonna.png

Bedtime_Stories_Madonna.png

And Bjork destroyed career and reputations with ha masterpiece:

Bjork_-_Homogenic_album_cover.jpg

The 90's were so blessed.

WaffleTaco

But what about Janet Jackson's The Velvet Rope

Janet_Jackson_-_The_Velvet_Rope.jpg

or Xtincta Vitaguilera Self-titled:

Christinaaguilera-christinaaguilera.jpg

Madonna also was there changing pop music and culture withe Ray of Light and Bedtime Stories

Ray_of_Light_Madonna.png

Bedtime_Stories_Madonna.png

And Bjork destroyed career and reputations with ha masterpiece:

Bjork_-_Homogenic_album_cover.jpg

The 90's were so blessed.
Honestly have never heard of them (songs not artists) and I dislike that Bjork album a lot, since she's just moaning the entire time.

I never really listened to music before 2007 when I got an iPod. So my tastes are similarly pretty biased. I do like most music from the 50's to 80's. Not a big fan of 90's and 00's.

Ahasverus

Honestly have never heard of them (songs not artists) and I dislike that Bjork album a lot, since she's just moaning the entire time.

I never really listened to music before 2007 when I got an iPod. So my tastes are similarly pretty biased. I do like most music from the 50's to 80's. Not a big fan of 90's and 00's.
You haven't listened to Ray of Light (album)? Poor soul, you'll never get to know Madonna as a real artist instead of the decaying pastiche she's today.

Touchdown

Banned
Global smash is a bit much, even the wiki article says it was only moderately succesful internationally. And for good reason, generally Europe was not here for that shitty nineties r&b music that pestered the states at the time. Only R Kelly managed to torture European airwaves with his dreck.

I think it's the reason why Mariah holds so many records in the American music industry (best selling, most number ones, longest streak of number ones, ...), and less so internationally (where Madonna trounces her). Had Mariah gone for straight pop music, she probably would've done better. But as it stands now, I doubt even half my friends would recognize the "One Sweet Day" song if I let them hear it. I had to youtube it and listen up until the chorus before I sort of recognized it.

R&B music is not "shitty". And luckily the USA records are all that matter so I'm glad she has what she has. <3 Also Mariah TROUNCES Madonna in Asia and South America. So worldwide Mariah is definitely more popular. Madonna does have a few stans in Europe though this is true.

The real reason your friends don't know about "one sweet day" is because you or your "friends" don't have taste.

Phreaker

Mau ®;222549815 said:

That is impossible if you were alive in 95. I never heard a song played so much for so long, holy shit. The video was also played nonstop on both VH1 and MTV, I'm having flashbacks right now.

WaffleTaco

Nirvana!? Ugh
I mean honestly I just like a few of their songs and have never listened to any of their albums all the way through lol.

You haven't listened to Ray of Light (album)? Poor soul, you'll never get to know Madonna as a real artist instead of the decaying pastiche she's today.
I haven't listened to too much of Madonna...I think "Like a Prayer" and "Like a Virgin" are the only songs I really remember. I probably should change that. Maybe I will have a Madonna-day and just listen to everything she has.

Top Bottom