• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rhandino

Banned
Me if the next OT has a Trump reference on the title

02a2c75b65.gif

llehuty

^^^ Charli stuff sounds good! I was a bit worried after Anti Party.

New Dragonette album out:

CvT6R5qWYAA1wCG.jpg:small

It's available on Spotify, and I would assume it's also on Apple Music. Most of the best tracks were released as promo singles already, but i's still a solid album. My personal picks:

Body 2 Body --> Solid pop track, strong chorus, fantastic prechorus and the verses leaving the song room to breath.

Sweet Poison --> Love the pulsating synth.

Secret Stash --> Nothing ground breaking in this EDM production, but still good.

Darth Vader --> A banger with rock elements done well? Hmmmmm

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Started listening to Emile Sandé's new album. 4 for 4 so far, she emotes so well - Breathing Underwater is such a beautiful song!

[E] New Zara Larsson

New Dragonette album out:

CvT6R5qWYAA1wCG.jpg:small

It's available on Spotify, and I would assume it's also on Apple Music. Most of the best tracks were released as promo singles already, but i's still a solid album. My personal picks:

Body 2 Body --> Solid pop track, strong chorus, fantastic prechorus and the verses leaving the song room to breath.

Sweet Poison --> Love the pulsating synth.

Secret Stash --> Nothing ground breaking in this EDM production, but still good.

Darth Vader --> A banger with rock elements done well? Hmmmmm

Thanks for the heads up
have downloaded both and will listen today

DARTH VADER THOUGH!!

llehuty

As he should! Although these days she's more of a legacy act....

Excuseeee me? She released a fantastic album just last year? And she is still putting out digital singles with certain frequency. (Just 2 sm station tracks this year).

I mean, it's not the 6 or 7 singles per year rythm that she had on her ealy years, but is more than enough. Who else in kpop that debuted in 2000 is still releasing music nowadays apart from her?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
CRUEL YOUTH SHONE UP AT THE ECHO, STEALS NIGHT WITH EXQUISITE PERFORMANCE
Teddy Sinclair (fka Natalia Kills) is killing it with her new project Cruel Youth. The all-female three-piece band fronted by Sinclair and co-produced by her husband, Willy Moon, was a smash hit last Thursday at The Echo in Los Angeles. The show was sold-out, with rising pop star KIIARA headlining the evening — but Cruel Youth definitely pulled some serious weight filling the room. Let’s just put it this way, even with KIIARA’s heavy support of friends, family and “industry,” Cruel Youth stole the show.

With an exquisite track record, consisting of co-written songs for Rihanna, Madonna, Alicia Keys, and many more – Cruel Youth dazzled The Echo, enamoring new and old fans of Sinclair. Considering Sinclair has worked wonders for so many other artists, it was nice to see her ruling the spotlight.

With writing chops all her own, Sinclair displays true emotion and passion through her songs that describe her painful past. As a live performance, Cruel Youth is no frills, no sugary pop anecdotes, no obsessive amounts of auto-tune — just pure dizzying lullabies full of r&b flavor and smokey beats. Oh, and that voice! The woman’s got some serious vocal swagger. You know an artist is legit when they perform live and surpass the capacity of their recorded studio album.

Slay and steal more shows queen.
5phLq9L.gif

botty

Banned
Closer' by The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey has suffered a tremendous drop from #4 to #108 on U.S. iTunes

13 The Chainsmokers - Closer (feat. Halsey) [Dark Green Update]

Guess you haven't looked that high on the charts in a while, huh?
eZq7KQy.gif

After all, Mariah has been having a rough yeah, huh?

Mariah FAILED to sell out any of her residency shows this year:

LEG 3 — 31,038 / 35,349
LEG 4 — 30,319 / 38,660
LEG 5 — 30,570 / 35,157

id4cwWvTGDZRC.gif

Mariah FAILED to raise EMPIRE's ratings in her guest appearance:

31 — 10.87
32 — 9.65
33 — 9.25 (Mariah's episode. DEATH; more people watched EP4)
34 — 9.27

Mariah FAILED in another relationship.

Mariah's reality show is approaching soon, too...another sure failure for Mimi.

At least you and the other goats can roost warmly under Mariah's second chin as the Christmas season revives the sole part of her career that hasn't bloated (in death).

giphy.gif

Petty side bar:

anK1hQyt_400x400.png

Another loss.

Vazduh

botty nooooooooooooooo, this drive-by lashing has me #dead

HRSbR0N.gif

HRSbR0N.gif

HRSbR0N.gif

At least Halsey is below top 10 tbh. Enough with that song!

Excuseeee me? She released a fantastic album just last year? And she is still putting out digital singles with certain frequency. (Just 2 sm station tracks this year).

I mean, it's not the 6 or 7 singles per year rythm that she had on her ealy years, but is more than enough. Who else in kpop that debuted in 2000 is still releasing music nowadays apart from her?

Clock me I guess, but is there something recent that's as iconic as Kiss My Lips? Because if there is, I would very much like to be clocked across my face again.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
At least Halsey is below top 10 tbh. Enough with that song!

smh @ all the Closer dragging ITT. The song is great, it's the One Dance of the Fall.

Just another bit of evidence showing the men are dominating (quality) pop in 2016. Between Twenty One Pilots, Bruno, The Weeknd, Drake, The Chainsmokers, and Zayn Malik, is there any doubt left?

Let them in.

w7Y2lgE.gif

smh @ all the Closer dragging ITT. The song is great, it's the One Dance of the Fall.

Just another bit of evidence showing the men are dominating (quality) pop in 2016. Between Twenty One Pilots, Bruno, The Weeknd, Drake, The Chainsmokers, and Zayn Malik, is there any doubt left?

Let them in.

w7Y2lgE.gif

Dominating something isn't a sure fire hit that it is qualiTEA

But yes, the men are currently winning it this year

Taylor, ha flop era is upon us (hopefully)

w7Y2lgE.gif

MANUELF

Banned

Let them in.

w7Y2lgE.gif
Quality??? Bruno??? Drake???? Weeknd???? Zayn????
Good joke

Top Bottom