• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Frodo

POPGAF in one gif:

Oe8t9qh.gif

rhandino

Banned
All things said I think that Gaga dropping mainstream pop for jazz of all things was a bit more shocking but she was already out of the minds of the general public when that shift happened so... yeah.

ANGgBWi.gif

rhandino

Banned
I was just listening to Fantasy and remembered how Mariah Carey changed the game and how every pop girl having a rapper in a song can be traced back to that collab.

5rMzDza.gif

Let me blame her for the rise of Pitbull and Eggs

EDIT: Writing that post made me remember a review for Perfect Illusion where the person said that every pop girl was going to include a key change in their new materials asd;as;ldkjas;ldjsa;ldj;lsdkj

Touchdown

Banned
Hun, if I were a Mariah stan, which fortunately I'm not, I'd never go all in on the christmas stanning, because it just reeks of desparation.

The only seasonal tradition in this thread is you embarassing yourself.

I love being a fan of a successful artist who writes and produces a lot of her music, not every stan has any part of that. And you sweetie are not going to stop me from doing so. Unfortunately for you, your hating goes back years on GAF. You always inject yourself in a thread or conversation about Mariah to hate on her or the person who's celebrating her. This is very unfortunate. That means there's something that lies deep within you on why you feel the need to shit on people or artists that you don't like. I'm so glad I'm open minded to all artists and stay above being so negative. I'm so glad I'm not a hateful person and I'm so glad I stan for a legend. And I'm so glad I'm not you. If you don't like what I post or what Mariah's music is, than that's your right. But it also my right to post whatever the fuck I want to post and whatever the fuck music I like. So fuck off.

189dab890c.gif

In other news:

All I Want For Christmas Is You is at #28 in US on iTunes

ef894bad60.gif

Starboy is cute but I went back to Joanne like three seconds into track six. These penises need to step their shit up, coz I'm over this suave hetero bullshit. Give me CAMP. Give me REALNESS.

Gallant is the only dick who served it this year. Otherwise the females have slayed this shit. Lemonade, ANTi, Joanne, Love You To Death. Hell even Glory has been declared "fine enough girl" by wayward gays.

Now let's hope Lana caps the year off with something that isn't a slightly more depressed version of her last thing. Break tradition, girl.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I like starboy
Rockin's if fire, pretty much a rip off of Disclosure though

Frodo

Do y'all remember earlier this year when y'all thought Gaga would win an Oscar, make a comeback and solidify her position at the top of pop pantheon?

Fun times...

18v3uHz.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow, it really happened. Someone beat Zayn Malik's Mind of Mine for AOTY when Weeknd delivered Starboy. What an INCREDIBLE album. The production and vocals
ohg2PqG.gif

I don't think there's a bad song on this thing? Stand outs:

Secrets
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

Party Monster
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

Starboy
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

Rockin'
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

Love to Lay
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

I Feel It Coming
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

Lana's Stargirl Interlude (omg I wish this was a full song)
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png
g2YBkV0.png

Poor Gaga. Poor Drake. Poor Justin. Poor Beyoncé.
Pop's new King has officially arrived and 2016 belongs to Abel.

IFsbMMm.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Even enigmatic_alex is stanning! Abel won.

B9bwbTl.gif

Even? As I recall, I've always had great taste sis.
Abel won just like Tokyo Mirage Sessions won console RPG of the year now that FFXV turned out to be complete trash. I tried telling those flops on gaming side but as usual over there, poor taste prevails smh.

B9bwbTl.gif

But he also stans Rebel Fart and Gags. Abel lost.

Thats a pretty good point actually

#1 - Rebel Heart is good. Madonna is still a successful working artist that relies on her NEW music to make bank, unlike legacy acts like Mariah.

#2 - Yes I stan Gaga but I ain't stanning Joanne (except for Hey Girl). Album is garbage.

#3 - Doesn't one of you stan Brittle-Knee Jean and the other K-Pop? Mhmm.

And that's that on that.

IFsbMMm.gif

rhandino

Banned
But he also stans Rebel Fart and Gags. Abel lost.
But he also stanned Cheerleader and now Starboy so there is clearly some semblance of good taste in there even after trying to make us all believe that Rebel Heart was not Madonna at her worst and the general Lady Gaga stanning.

kHHC9Mj.gif

Cheerleader was bop! I will not hear otherwise *Puts fingers on ears* lalalalalalalalalalalala

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Drag Britknee stans but what's wrong with Kpop when the production these years shit on most of our faves lately? 💅🏽

Also Cheerleader is trash.

Edit: I need help finding a video and artist. It was 2-3 gals in a tennis court dancing and we used gifs from the vid and there was minor stanning for em too. Anyone remember?

Majmun

Fuck Abel

I'm still getting slayed by Tinashe's Nightride. Bitch came hard

Sure, it's a flop. But it's still better than 99% of current mainstream hits.

Touchdown

Banned
#1 - Rebel Heart is good. Madonna is still a successful working artist that relies on her NEW music to make bank, unlike legacy acts like Mariah.

]

oh sis but Mangina is the definition of a legacy act. Mariah is currently starring in her own series, is invited onto all the shows, is currently touring the last leg of her sweet sweet fantasy tour, is in the process of making new music, is guest starring on hot shows and most importantly, she's charting on the charts. All that Mafossil has left is her touring act.... the traveling circus act here in NYC sell out all their tickets as well but that's not because the clowns and jesters are killing the game, it's because people like to watch a car wreck.

d5fd5af071.gif

Brhoom

Banned
oh sis but Mangina is the definition of a legacy act. Mariah is currently starring in her own series, is invited onto all the shows, is currently touring the last leg of her sweet sweet fantasy tour, is in the process of making new music, is guest starring on hot shows and most importantly, she's charting on the charts. All that Mafossil has left is her touring act.... the traveling circus act here in NYC sell out all their tickets as well but that's not because the clowns and jesters are killing the game, it's because people like to watch a car wreck.

d5fd5af071.gif

The best selling female singer remains winning.

d5fd5af071.gif

Top Bottom