• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

can we all just agrih that Ariola Granola fucking delivered in 2016?

I mean, Dangerous Woman is a fucking bop

g2YBkV0.png

So is INTO YOU which has to be my favourite Ariola song of all TIME

g2YBkV0.png

Do I also have to mention SLAY TO SLAY?

g2YBkV0.png

Ugh Ariana delivered, why did I sleep on ha for so long?

giphy.gif

poor Mariah and ha mindless lambs

tumblr_ni81ljqJtZ1qka6nwo1_400.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Little Mons†er;225479293 said:

g2YBkV0.png

g2YBkV0.png

g2YBkV0.png

giphy.gif

congrats on the top 5 album and ...top 5 song i guess

Brhoom

Banned
Ariana's best song is Just a Little Bit of Your Heart, I can't believe some people on ATRL claimed it was her worst on that album.

I'm a sucker for lyrics.

Touchdown

Banned
MARIAH CAREY - All I Want For Christmas Is You: 25.157 (+3.771)

taking radio by storm as well i see...This will definitely be going out a top 10 hit this year. loves it.

2qvs8qr.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Fuck Abel

I'm still getting slayed by Tinashe's Nightride. Bitch came hard

Sure, it's a flop. But it's still better than 99% of current mainstream hits.
I couldn't even get past the first song on Nightride, it's just same sold, same old.

g2YBkV0.png

g2YBkV0.png

g2YBkV0.png

giphy.gif

Eh I disagree. Dangerous Woman is terrible and my god boring. Into You & Side to Side are good, but aside from those that album is eh.

WaffleTaco

But Abel does the same thing on Starboy lol
I haven't listened to it fully yet, but I like most of what I've heard to an extent. Beauty Behind the Madness is so much better though it's ridiculous. The production is great, but he kind of needs to grow as an Artist. This is a step back and it's very recognizable especially since the lead single for the album is named for has him mumbling about Star Trek and other nonsense, including him being a "Star Boy." Yes we get it you like drugs and being "high." I would say so far I'm disappointed, but then again so has basically every other artist not named Beyoncé (& Rihanna) done the same thing this year.

Phreaker

g2YBkV0.png

g2YBkV0.png

g2YBkV0.png

giphy.gif

YAASSS! Top played artist/album for me in the last year. There's a couple stinkers, but the good songs are really good.

Frodo

I don't use LastFM and Google Music doesn't do cool statistics (which is a shame), but I've just manually counted, and I've got over 550 plays for EMOTION SIDE B alone. Not counting Carly's other alberns (although, to be honest I only listen to EMOTION and SIDE B anyway).

55YUEOh.gif

Mau ®

Good Mornting Grrls. Christmas is one day closer.

CQ-No5fUcAA6MQU.jpg

Christmas is a trash holiday.

I don't use LastFM and Google Music doesn't do cool statistics (which is a shame), but I've just manually counted, and I've got over 550 plays for EMOTION SIDE B alone. Not counting Carly's other alberns (although, to be honest I only listen to EMOTION and SIDE B anyway).

55YUEOh.gif

Speaking of stats, pretty soon Spotify will upload their year in review and I'm excited to see my list.

Phreaker

Do these last.fms sync up with your iTunes plays or something? I'm curious about who my number 3 and 4 most played is.

Right, you can set it to sync any and past iTunes plays. I use the last.fm app on my Mac and it syncs my iTunes plays every so often. I use iTunes on the same Mac. It's nice that it captures my plays whether they are on my iPhone, AppleTV or from my laptop. I think they still also have last.fm apps for phone that you can use to play your library and it scrobbles in real-time. I found syncing was enough and stopped using their iOS app.

Vazduh

The Sia songs on that album were good tho.

You Lost Me>>>>>>>>

All I Need was also great.

Bionic actually had a lot of really good songs buried among the not-so-good ones. Monday Morning, Birds of Prey, Elastic Love, You Lost Me, Lift Me Up... Also some
very
guilty pleasures, such as WooHoo or Flop Myself Tonight.

Mau ®

People hoping for Sia penned tunes? Is this 2012?

She's been giving people shit for a couple of years now. The fact her work never made it on albums like 25, ANTi or Lemonade should tell you something.

The Flop

Banned
Mau ®;225551933 said:

She's been giving people shit for a couple of years now. The fact her work never made it on albums like 25, ANTi or Lemonade should tell you something.

Except ha reject song went no. 1.

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;225551933 said:

Sia is a hitmaker, even for today. You better stan ha for Diamonds success

55YUEOh.gif

I need Mariah and Sia to team up on Mariah's new album. Sia gets ha.

55YUEOh.gif

You know, this wouldn't be a bad idea. I could definitely see this being good for Mariah.

Also, just finished listening to Stargod by the Weeknd and 24k Magic by Bruno Mars. Fantastic albums both of them (the edge has to go to Weeknd's effort since there are twice as any tracks on his album). Truly the Y chromosome has stood for qualitY this Year. Poor gerls not named Tinashe, Beyonce, or Rihanna.

WaffleTaco

See I think Bruno's new album is one of the worst I have heard this year. It has very few enjoyable songs and the rest are just sooooo bad. They sound terrible and he sounds like he is really trying so hard to be this cool guy. It just doesn't work and comes off so forced, especially compared to Uptown Funk which is a legitimately good song.

The Weeknd's album was good, but not as good as BBTM. The first seven or eight songs on it are really good with a lot after the interlude being fluff to drag out the album. It would have been a much better album if he had just decided which songs actually belongs on it and which did not. The interlude should have been a full song though.

Top Bottom