• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rhandino

Banned
Yeah, Bruno latest material is not one of his brightest moments which is weird since he had like 4 years to make it...

IFsbMMm.gif

Do you smell it POPGAF? The smell before the storm that is going to be the FFXV review thread...

#Pray4GAF

Yeah, Bruno latest material is not one of his brightest moments which is weird since he had like 4 years to make it...

IFsbMMm.gif

Do you smell it POPGAF? The smell before the storm that is going to be the FFXV review thread...

#Pray4GAF

Bruno's latest effort isnt good when compared to his earlier material... shame as I really like Unorthodox Jukebox but oh well

55YUEOh.gif

Yea I smell the incoming Chaos on the Gaming Side too tbh. Especially if The Last Guardian is a flop! qualiTEA wise obviously, anyone expecting it to sell well is perfectly deluded.

55YUEOh.gif

MANUELF

Banned
24k Witchery is sooo bad and try hard is not even funny, the fact that in 4 years he only did a 9 track album says it all

Starfail is a meh album that doesnt go anywhere is basic and boring

MANUELF

Banned
Calling Abel masterpiece basic and boring while stanning Glory and calling it a religious experience it's kind of telling tbh

IFsbMMm.gif

I never called it a religious experience thank you very much
IFsbMMm.gif

I simply said it is the best album of the year
for religious experience please listen to Blackout

Leaving aside any social pressure you feel to praise or deride an album based on false contrived narratives, and speaking to what MANUELF said above, what albums are on constant rotation for you guys? Are there any albums you've been listening to consistently since they dropped?

I'm sort of disappointed with the fact that Lemonade didn't resonate with me to the effect that her past albums have. I listened to Self-Titled pretty much two years straight. I think I dropped Lemonade in large part in the summer. Joanne's been on daily rotation and Love You To Death has like infinite plays from me this year.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Leaving aside any social pressure you feel to praise or deride an album based on false contrived narratives, and speaking to what MANUELF said above, what albums are on constant rotation for you guys? Are there any albums you've been listening to consistently since they dropped?

I'm sort of disappointed with the fact that Lemonade didn't resonate with me to the effect that her past albums have. I listened to Self-Titled pretty much two years straight. I think I dropped Lemonade in large part in the summer. Joanne's been on daily rotation and Love You To Death has like infinite plays from me this year.

Honestly none...except The Life of Pablo, and that's because Kanye is/was my fav artist so I don't really count him. I mainly listen to an album a week and then just repeat it until another drops. I will say I have been to listening to the Halsey album a lot though mainly because my gf doesn't want to change the CD in her car for some reason.

Damn, I forgot Kanye released this year too.

Beyonce
Rihanna
Lady Gaga
Kanye West
Drake
TheWeekend
Bruno Mars
Frank Ocean
Britney Spears
Sia

2016 was like a benchmark year for the big artist. I'm thankful tbh

The Queen of Pop posted a jubilant pic of herself with the kids of the Center (and her own kids, David and Mercy), writing, "Had so much fun sharing Thanksgiving at the Ali Forney Center in Brooklyn! This center protects LGBT Youth from the harms of homelessness and empowers them to reclaim their lives.

Less than 24 hours later, Lady Gaga also stopped by the [same] Center, performing an acoustic version of her new song "A Million Reasons" for everyone and reportedly handing out gifts. She finished her performance by telling her audience, "I love you guys so, so much."
IFhGO5d.gif

1K8elyf.gif

MANUELF

Banned

Thats because of the theme, that album was more focused on social critic and disloyalty than more common themes so it wont resonate with the majority of people

Nah, the culture narrative is what I like most about Lemonade, it's the production and musical styling that didn't resonate with me as much. The politically charged songs are the primary ones I go back to. Hold Up, Six Inch, Daddy Lessons, Love Drought and Sandcastles haven't gotten much play. :/

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Westworld is it.
Your fave tv shows are nothing but trash

rhandino

Banned
2016 sucked.
Lemonade
ANTi
Side B
40% of Dangerous Woman
This is What the Truth Feels Like
Love you to Death
Starboy
Vroom Vroom
Nightride
Views
Untitled Unmastered
Tokyo Mirage Sessions OST
Those songs for the FFXV OST from Florece + The Machine

2016 has been fantastic for music in general, not only for #pop

2016 sucked.

Lemonade came out and that's about it.

Tragic.

????

Literally everyone delivered quality though. The big artists may have played a bit safe but none of them released a stinker. Maybe expectations are too high or we forget that the big superstars don't command music trends anymore.

u997MXn.gif

ANTi
Side B
Jy6s4U5.gif

40% of Dangerous Woman
This is What the Truth Feels Like
u997MXn.gif

Love you to Death
Starboy
GwvOlf7.gif

Vroom Vroom
u997MXn.gif
Nightride
Views
Untitled Unmastered
9R482ey.gif

Tokyo Mirage Sessions OST
Those songs for the FFXV OST from Florece + The Machine

2016 has been fantastic for music in general, not only for #pop
phiTggj.gif

????

Literally everyone delivered quality though. The big artists may have played a bit safe but none of them released a stinker. Maybe expectations are too high or we forget that the big superstars don't command music trends anymore.
kJPzZqy.jpg

gaga didn't even deliver quality.

i would really like it if we could hold gaga, an ostensibly talented artist, to higher standards than a lukewarm 40 minutes of music that somehow exists through collaboration with arguably some of the most talented producers currently in the biz.

with those producers, joanne should've been AOTY easy.

I think the problem is that Rihanna and Beyonce set the bar too high with ANTi and Lemonade so I was just not impressed with what everyone else shat out for 2016.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I think we are over-rating Anti here. It's a good album. One of the few that has not disappointed me this year, but to compare it to Lemonade??? That's madness. Lemonade is almost a perfect album with only a few songs not achieving greatness. Meanwhile "Woo," is terrible, "Yeah I Said It," is pointless, and "Same Ol' Mistakes," is too long.

I think we are over-rating Anti here. It's a good album. One of the few that has not disappointed me this year, but to compare it to Lemonade??? That's madness. Lemonade is almost a perfect album with only a few songs not achieving greatness. Meanwhile "Woo," is terrible, "Yeah I Said It," is pointless, and "Same Ol' Mistakes," is too long.

What is this madness? All those songs are a slay and a half. Really, Work is the weakest song on the album, which says a lot about the quality of Anti, because the song is still good.

Frodo

I was just thinking today that if I were to make a top of the year list Lemonade would have to be in there somewhere. And I don't even like Bey. But Lemonade is a valid effort, and I hope Beyonce continues to sing about herself and continues to be political, because she is so much better this way than the cookie cutter, brain dead singer that will sing any trash Industry higher ups send her way, just to make a few dollars.

These POP girls take it TOO safe. I miss the day when the household names in POP were making songs about abortion and still got radio play and critical recognition, and that was when there was no internet and the world was still a much more conservative place.. Your faves are but a shadow of that greatness.

Mau ®

The sings you listed are great though smh.

I think "Close To You" should've been a bonus track and "Higher" should've been the closing track. Also "Sex With Me" should've been in the main version.

YOU KNOW I GOT THAT SAUCE
YOU KNOW IM SAUCY!!!

The Flop

Banned
I feel like the Last Guardian is going to be trash, just like Sony's last major console exclusive No Man's Sky.

IFsbMMm.gif

I'm here for the tears though.

rhandino

Banned
What is a few more days after a 10 year delay/trouble development?

55YUEOh.gif

It's quite amusing how S-E poured all their coins and efforts to make a game that is barely reviewing above XIII and on par with Xenoblade X.

Better luck for the next entry S-E...

Top Bottom