• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

PInk Tape

Banned
I appreciate you guys laying the plan out for us to understand cuz you didn't have to give us this explanation at all. You could have just continued to ban people and/or shut this community down altogether.

So thanks for letting us know how it's gonna work from now on.

All the RED here...

bo4pz59.gif

And we all thought we were safe lol

Today has been an actual mess in PopGAF history. Mess.

bo4pz59.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Little Mons†er;226067105 said:
It's normal popgaf tradition sis, is this a thing that would need to be changed? Just wondering

Because mods are trying to gather information and being ambiguous in response doesn't help at all?

I don't care whatever you guys do when interacting with each other as long as it's within site decorum, but to plenty of us looking from the outside in it's just baffling and irritating. Again, if some of us interpret the responses in here as being rudely flippant to besada, how does that help anyone if that wasn't the intent?

rhandino

Banned
I guess some of us got a lot messy in the last 10 pages or so (100ppp ftw!) so I think we better try to control it more from here and avoid getting too rude with each other (except Garret and ha hate for Flowmotion x_x_

But yeah, thanks to the mods for not closing the thread and instead warning us.

EDIT: Sorry if my answer came a bit rude or uninterested because the .gif =/

Because mods are trying to gather information and being ambiguous in response doesn't help at all?

I don't care whatever you guys do when interacting with each other as long as it's within site decorum, but to plenty of us looking from the outside in it's just baffling and irritating. Again, if some of us interpret the responses in here as being rudely flippant to besada, how does that help anyone if that wasn't the intent?

Sorry if my reply came across as ambiguous :(

The lingo used here and the gif replies is often interpreted as 'Stan Language'

Here's a link that hopefully helps :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Stan%20Twitter

The lingo used here is VERY similar

Yeah, the 'culture' here is pretty much tailored after Twitter pop fan culture, which is purposely flippant and peppered with gifs. It's entertaining to those who are in on it but once they start taking that shit to other threads it gets really obnoxious. Certainly hope people stop doing that now, or at least take it down several notches when responding to admins or non-POPGAF folks.

rhandino

Banned
What happened to Alanis Morissette? She was kind of a big deal back in the day but then she just disappeared.

I remembered her because I decided to start listening some MTV Unplugged alberms and she was among them x_x

Sai-kun

Banned
No one. You're expected to police yourselves, like all communities. No one's going to sit in here and watch every post. Instead, mods will check in from time to time, and if things are out of control, we'll pop the people responsible. If that gets too tiresome, PopGAF will go the way of other communities that couldn't abide by the rules.

shoutouts to HaloGAF

I remember not liking her when I was a kid but I was a hip-hop head back then. I should give her stuff another listen now that my tastes have opened up.

Brhoom

Banned
This is like our parents got mad at us over something we don't see wrong.

I understand what is the problem here

Touchdown

Banned
Give us Mumei back. Shit is getting too real!.... And I'd like my normal member status back too please if the modgods are listening. I promise to be good.

1-119.jpg

Is being juniored premanent?

I think if you are made junior after being a member it's usually permanent... but i might be wrong.

I can think of at least one user who recovered (DOWN)

Sometimes it is, but (from what other mods have said in the past) you can usually try and plead your case after some time to get unjuniored. Most of the time it's basically showing that you've become a better poster, etc.

In Touchdown's case...eek lol

Sometimes it is, but (from what other mods have said in the past) you can usually try and plead your case after some time to get unjuniored. Most of the time it's basically showing that you've become a better poster, etc.

In Touchdown's case...eek lol

So basically never?

A mess

No more iconiQUE Touchdown threads ;_;

cory64

Starboy needed some editing, and I wish I hadn't heard Party Monster or IFIC prior to listening, but it's still a pretty solid album.

Also Love On The Brain is coming for the top 10, and with zero effort.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Does anyone in here post without using images all the time? I can't tell if people are seriously being flippant or just screwing around.

I do, and am one of the few who does not use images. And it is a lot of screwing around in here, but usually what happened last page has almost never happened in pretty much the eight months I have been here. Not entirely sure why, but oh well.

Yado

Those posts didn't even stand out to me because the humour in here is different. I get why they were banned though, nothing wrong with a few blood sacrifices for the improvement of the community.

#PromoteOnlineKindness
189dab890c.gif

The Flop

Banned
Touchdown where are the gifs from Mariah's World? I was expecting 3 pages worth by now.

I have a crush on that blonde they hired, but she's damaged emotionally. Not an Apple TV maybe ruining ha career.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Those posts didn't even stand out to me because the humour in here is different. I get why they were banned though, nothing wrong with a few blood sacrifices for the improvement of the community.

#PromoteOnlineKindness
189dab890c.gif

That's kind of what I was wondering about it, I was like okay some people must be extra bored today.

Touchdown

Banned
Touchdown where are the gifs from Mariah's World? I was expecting 3 pages worth by now.

I have a crush on that blonde they hired, but she's damaged emotionally. Not an Apple TV maybe ruining ha career.

The hour went by so fast! Episode 1 is available on Itunes now btw, just hang a left after perusing the top 10 where you will also find queen.

tumblr_ohqebnIlBO1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Cruel Youth to headline a tour and release debut full length album in February!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss!!!!!

Yado

Is my head in the way?
Cause my heart can't explain
Where we going now
Build it up, we tear down
Cared before but baby
Now I don’t give a fuck

0V2vowQ.jpg

whew

i'm still not over this bit specifically
Yes; this is a special community, it has it's own jargon etc, but no: you guys don't get to call each other pedos and other insults over video games (or other stuff) just because you happen to find yourselves in this particular thread.
it's just such an apt summary of this community
WwTfAan.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
And this is what I mean when I say it's hard to tell whether posts are serious or mocking or whatever. How is someone like robo supposed to interpret that? Cheering the special community part, or cheering the blatant disregard about forum decorum part?

And this is what I mean when I say it's hard to tell whether posts are serious or mocking or whatever. How is someone like robo supposed to interpret that? Cheering the special community part, or cheering the blatant disregard about forum decorum part?
it was an encouragement of the accuracy of the description :(

popgaf is a weird place where we have our own jargon but pretty much everyone in this thread has been banned at one point or another because it got out of hand, and then we wind it back when/if we are allowed to return and don't do it again. i wasn't celebrating that, rather pointing out how accurate it was.

Top Bottom