• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rhandino

Banned
Say you'll remember meeeeeeeeeee
Standing in a nice dress
Staring at the sunset babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks
Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your wiiiiiiiiiilllllllldddddddddessssssssssttttttttttttt dreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaamsssssssss

Q03Z7WK.gif
Isnt this the song/MV for which she was accused of "channeling White Colonialism"?

I c

UmAid9g.gif

MANUELF

Banned
Something something gorgeous white people in Africa having a romance in Africa and without any black people on sight.

Funny thing is that the video was shoot on location so... yeah.

It was also a period mv in the 50s? there is absolutely no reason why there should be black people, also in the end is shown that it was only her imagination and everything was a set so she never was in Africa

DOWN

Banned
Isnt this the song/MV for which she was accused of "channeling White Colonialism"?

I c

UmAid9g.gif

I still dont get that critic, why was it called so?
Yeah it was because it glamourized the era back when white nations still were in charge of lots of dubbed "exotic" nations and would carelessly use their locales and environments as settings for glamorous white movies. So using Africa for a white casted luxury vacation glam vintage movie irked people. It romanticized an era and media exploitation that was enabled by colonialist ignorance. I didn't think that much into it personally but I read about it after the controversy. Kind of a why go film in Africa but bring a white cast and ignore the people and culture there? Idk I don't know what the right answer for channeling that time period is but the controversy was there none the less

The proceeds were donated to the Africa Parks foundation before there was any controversy so that's good

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
According to who?

The contract that doesn't let her talk about that fully. She did hinted some of that on twitter and you can see on the video when Willy tells her while the performance is going on to get ready and she looks worried before she does the little number.

The contract that doesn't let her talk about that fully. She did hinted some of that on twitter and you can see on the video when Willy tells her while the performance is going on to get ready and she looks worried before she does the little number.
A Final Fantasy XV development and plot tii

rhandino

Banned
It was also a period mv in the 50s? there is absolutely no reason why there should be black people, also in the end is shown that it was only her imagination and everything was a set so she never was in Africa
So... you are telling me that Taylor Swift cant imagine black people even when she was dreaming of being in Africa?

IacqcWD.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A Final Fantasy XV development and plot tii

Also funny stuff is how they promoted that day like no other day and the ratings were wild for a show that was flopping hard and being cancelled. Still got cancelled after the season ended cause they use the excuse they didnt wanted to put people down like Natalia did but overall the show was getting canned anyway without that event.

Vazduh

Wish Taylor were a better person dancer. If she seemed like she could just flow with her moves it would be more intriguing but there's something so... calculated

It's always calculated, she knows the cameras will be on her, even with moves like this

tumblr_nkcs5oKspM1t5zyedo1_500.gif

or this

taylor-swift-dancing-cmt-1.gif

or this

TAYLOR-SWIFT-GRAMMYS-2014-KENDRICK.gif

llehuty

The new album in general.

I can't that both Ariana and Leona...the two 'Mariah Killers' are now a part of the greatest videogaming music franchise (Final Fantasy).

Mimi when? (although Uematsu wanted her to sing the FFVIII song originally so that counts lol)
Leona a Mariah Killer? Lmao, when? This makes less sense than FFXIII's plot.

2ti1AXE.gif

DOWN

Banned
Sounds speculative and all she said on twitter was that on reality shows you are encouraged to be outspoken and her husband shared the sentiment and said they went too far. Obviously the way she said it, she had thought about it before saying it and would have discussed her criticism with her husband, so him being aware of what she felt the need to say when it was her turn to speak on the mic doesn't hint at scripting from higher ups at all. There's nothing that suggests she wasn't saying what she felt like saying.

rhandino

Banned
I do think that the producers of the show encouraged her to be more abrasive for the ratings but I am also sure that nobody was expecting that she was going to go batshit insane over anyone.

MANUELF

Banned
So... you are telling me that Taylor Swift cant imagine black people even when she was dreaming of being in Africa?

IacqcWD.gif

She can but unless they are the focus is pretty useless

Edit: Im sure if she showed some village the critics would say she is stereotyping or that they were only a drop, what would you think if she instead of posing with the animals posed with black people? so there is no way to do that and not being critiziced

rhandino

Banned
Tinashe deserves better... maybe they will we joined by Eggs.

The Short One™ dragging the picture down as per.
Is like she is looking at someone pointing a gun at her which may or may not be a thing at this point tbh

They really need a better stylist because the one(s) they have rn always make them all look too trashy or too old.

Their name doesn't even make sense now.
They should just rename themselves to H4rmony or something, even tho it sounds really cringey.

New Ed Sheeran is actually really good, especially like that Cheap Thrills knock-off.
When did you get back too? Or were you just hiding? 🌝

MrV4ltor

Your pic in the Real thread tho
DubgGGZ.gif

I need to make my own reaction gifs, but this will have to do for now.
You can add me on Snapchat if you want, same as my username just all lower case and an 'a' instead of a '4' ;)

raw

And I really need to fix my avi, because something fucked up the colors.

Top Bottom