• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Where is Lana?
As she has told a couple of her fans on Instagram and Twitter, her new album is coming along nicely. She tends to keep to herself about her work and not post about working with ~~real musique~~ darlings that fail to deliver a decent 3 minute long lead single.
YDc42EN.gif

Lana is trash now. Like l m a o if u think she's delivering anything but a mound of shit next. Honeymoon actually offends me with how standard it is. And I love Ultraviolence.

YDc42EN.gif

Joanne is hot garbage. Gaga somehow managed to

Lmao Joanne is a stellar album, possibly her best, but the music is too understated for a woman who tends to emote at 200% volume, and sadly, the album fails to compelling case to her listeners that it needs to exist. But that's not because the music isn't good (on the contrary, the melodies on this album are fucking insane), but because the songs pull their punches in a way that isn't signature for her. I vibe off Joanne the same way I would an Alanis record. Born This Way meanwhile is a queer techno rager. I can't even imagine listening to these Joanne songs in mixed company with her other material. They just feel different; completely stripped of her signature style, but honest and soulful. I love it so much but can totally understand someone being disappointed from what it missed out on delivering.

Vazduh

Is he finally embracing his homo side? Yas Sufjan.

juCfmgt.gif

Also...

Elio visits Marzia's house and has sex with her; in the afternoon he lies on his bed
masturbating with a cut-open peach
and
ejaculates inside it
. Later Oliver visits Elio's room, tastes the peach
and its contents
, and then has anal sex with Elio.

Well, then. Lemme read the rest of this book.

j6b3ifZ.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Joanne has a number of songs I like a lot, and a few songs that I don't find particularly appealing. "Perfect Illusion" is one of the songs I'd put in the latter category (it has potential but feels 70% of the way to where it needed to be), and yet it was the first single for some reason.

Despite some seeing it as a big break, I think you can actually hear TF/TFM-era Gaga vocals in "Dancin' in Circles," and a track or two remind me of the BTW era's style. I could be wrong about the BTW comparison because it's been a while since I last heard it, though. Because of how she jumps between different vocal styles on this single album, I have no idea what a next album would sound like.

They're making an adaptation of this book? I read it once (my recollection is that it was "okay" and that it wasn't what I was looking for), and I never thought I'd see the title again. Interesting.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mama told me
Not to sell work
Seventeen five, same color T-shirt
Mama told me
Not to sell work
Seventeen five, same color T-shirt

raw

MrV4ltor

I wouldnt say bad but forgettable. At least bad is remembered.

I can agree that some of it is forgettable, like I don't spend a second thinking about Sinner's Prayer for weeks at a time, but the 1-2-3 punch of John Wayne, Dancin' In Circles and Perfect Illusion alone... Wheeeew.

4.Dancing02.gif

Frodo

Kylie Minogue X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Z1R9YHr.gif

2 Hearts
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

Like A Drug
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

In My Arms
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

Speakerphone
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

Sensitized
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

Heart Beat Rock
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

The One
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

No More Rain
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

All I See
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

Stars
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

Wow
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

Nu-di-ty
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

Cosmic
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png
DAZA0WJ.png

To anyone who says Joanne is a bad album....

The only song I don't really "use" on Joanne is Grigio Girls, but everything else has been on regular rotation for me. Legit live for this album.

I mean people can call Joanne a lot of things but bad? It's like a timeless throwback rock record. There are no bad seeds on this thing.

Speaking of things on regular rotation, get into this Patti Labelle gem. <3

Fladam

I didn't love Joanne at first but I feel like it'll get better over time.. considering how unpredictable Gaga likes to be, the whole thing felt kinda predictable.

YDc42EN.gif

I still listen to Telephone on the regular though.

am i doing this right?

Mau ®

Ed Sheeran wrote "Shape of You" with Rihanna in mind for the song. Woo another rihject going #1.

These baboons giving her basic shit like "Cheap Thrills" and "Shape of You" are so outdated on the concept of 2016/17 Rihanna. Jesus Christ, who the fuck references the "club" now? What makes them think she gravitates to these subpar offerings?

Anyway "Castle on the Hill" is the Ed Sheeran I like to hear tbh and I hope his new album follows that line.

Haha, I think these people were trying to write for 2010 Rihanna. She's become much more meticulous lately. Cheap Thrills could have made it on Loud but post-ANTi Rih? Lol nah.

B-Dex

Mau ®;227916575 said:
Ed Sheeran wrote "Shape of You" with Rihanna in mind for the song. Woo another rihject going #1.

These baboons giving her basic shit like "Cheap Thrills" and "Shape of You" are so outdated on the concept of 2016/17 Rihanna. Jesus Christ, who the fuck references the "club" now? What makes them think she gravitates to these subpar offerings?

Anyway "Castle on the Hill" is the Ed Sheeran I like to hear tbh and I hope his new album follows that line.

So you're happy Rhat rejected number one hits and had a flip Real Music &#127926; album?

Aren't you always at da club too?

Bye.

Mau ®

So you're happy Rhat rejected number one hits and had a flip Real Music &#127926; album?

Aren't you always at da club too?

Bye.

Haven't been to a club in 2 years. It's just not my scene anymore breh.

I'm Rih rejected those hits and made the hits she wanted that were true to herself. Let's not forget ANTI has already scored 1 8-week #1, an urban smash Top 10 hit and the very real possibility of Love On The Brain going Top 10 in the next few weeks.

Rhat won. It needs to be accepted.

I need to get back into Pop. Lately I've been leaning more towards grunge or whatever the fuck that really good brand of rock music Spotify keeps discovering for me is called.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What's PopGAF's consensus regarding Lana albums?

I contend Born To Die (plus Ride but minus Lolita) will always remain king. Every single track is a revelation.
Born To Die and Ultraviolence slay but Honeymoon is disposable for most of the part

I contend Born To Die (plus Ride but minus Lolita) will always remain king. Every single track is a revelation.

I think most people would say Born To Die is their favorite and maybe Honeymoon is their least, but I dunno. Usually for hyper-stylized artists their debut album is most highly favored because it feels fresh without amplifying that "niche" quality that they have. Lana went further down the rabbit hole with UV and again some with HM, so unless you're 100% on the ride with her, Born To Die is gonna be that happy medium.

I think Ultraviolence is her best work. Black Beauty is impeccable imo. Honeymoon is too far down the rabbit hole for me, lol.

Yado

The majority of her work post-Paradise is boring. You could easily combine and shuffle the songs around on UV and Honeymoon and not notice.

Hopefully she's spent the time since the release of Honeymoon searching for inspiration and better collaborators/producers.

rhandino

Banned
Lana is not needed after UltraSleepAid and that other thing that has High by the Beach.

I need to get back into Pop. Lately I've been leaning more towards grunge or whatever the fuck that really good brand of rock music Spotify keeps discovering for me is called.
Inb4 "Joanne is a really good album!"

Top Bottom