• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is POPGAF

image.php

DOWN

Banned
Katy's most powerful emotionally were Thinking of You and Waking Up In Vegas, but Teenage Dream is unbeatable 21st century legend

MrV4ltor

I've been listening to a lot of Tit's older hits recently and they're so fucking good.
Can't stan her tho, since she was stupid enough to miss out on the sure fire #1s Walking On Air and Legendary Lovers.

rhandino

Banned
Walking on Air and Legendary Lovers are indeed bops of the greatest caliber but I don't think that Walking on Air would have done well on radio.

Legendary Lovers screams #1 hit so I wonder why she did not tried it.

B-Dex

Walking on Air and Legendary Lovers are indeed bops of the greatest caliber but I don't think that Walking on Air would have done well on radio.

Legendary Lovers screams #1 hit so I wonder why she did not tried it.

The general American populace would not have been there for Leg and dairy lovers. It's too "ethnic" sounding to be a smash.

Trump would have it deported from the charts.

Frodo

Tinashe's music video is nice and all, but we shouldn't be drooling over a music video of a singer that can dance for 4 minutes and move more than the arms. That's only doing what they should be doing anyway. That should be what is expected, and not something someone would do to excel at this game.

It's a sad state of affairs when your Pop girls can't sing or dance, and yet, manage to be more famous than the ones that do because someone is paying for it...

llehuty

I've been listening to a lot of Tit's older hits recently and they're so fucking good.
Can't stan her tho, since she was stupid enough to miss out on the sure fire #1s Walking On Air and Legendary Lovers.
You don't seem to have a problem stanning someone that not only chooses bad singles, but bad full albums.
YDc42EN.gif

DOWN

Banned
Tinashe's music video is nice and all, but we shouldn't be drooling over a music video of a singer that can dance for 4 minutes and move more than the arms. That's only doing what they should be doing anyway. That should be what is expected, and not something someone would do to excel at this game.

It's a sad state of affairs when your Pop girls can't sing or dance, and yet, manage to be more famous than the ones that do because someone is paying for it...
2 minutes. There's a very bad obvious cut in the middle of the video where you can see they didn't do one continuous routine. She's still cool anyway

EDIT: Actually looks like there's a few cuts lmao so not even 2 minutes

Frodo

2 minutes. There's a very bad obvious cut in the middle of the video where you can see they didn't do one continuous routine. She's still cool anyway

EDIT: Actually looks like there's a few cuts lmao so not even 2 minutes

Nope. It has several cuts.

It is still a cute video, but not really impressive.

Vazduh

Tinashe, a single set, some dancers and a couple of nifty camera moves is all it took to make a video that's not a masterpiece, but certainly more replayable than some of the most popular videos on Youtube.

I get what you're saying, but why not give credit where credit is due.

Tinashe, a single set, some dancers and a couple of nifty camera moves is all it took to make a video that's not a masterpiece, but certainly more replayable than some of the most popular videos on Youtube.

Right?

Lmao most of these girls just sit during their videos

Tinashe gave us a visually interesting mv with slay choreo which is more than most of the big pop gerls nowadays.

Frodo

Right?

Lmao most of these girls just sit during their videos

Tinashe gave us a visually interesting mv with slay choreo which is more than most of the big pop gerls nowadays.

Agreed and agreed.

I didn't want to downplay her effort. It IS better than what most people have been doing lately. But that should be the standard. Not the exception.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Beyonce's VMA performance was fucking ART

She could be 100% programmed synthetic material and I would not care because she slays

DOWN

Banned
Eh I like Katy. She did a lot of writing and co-writing on One of the Boys and PRISM so they are pretty authentic imo

rhandino

Banned
Personally PRISM > Teenage Dream

And yes, I know that Teenage Dreams is what most of the girls in the game aspire to have in their catalogs and that almost every single is really good BUT I like quite a lot more most of the songs in PRISM.

Ready for Katheryn to deliver her next era.

Can't really connect to Katy Perry. Her execution is too algorithmic. No soul whatsoever
!!!

You are back! =3

DOWN

Banned
Personally PRISM > Teenage Dream

And yes, I know that Teenage Dreams is what most of the girls in the game aspire to have in their catalogs and that almost every single is really good BUT I like quite a lot more most of the songs in PRISM.

Ready for Katheryn to deliver her next era.

!!!

You are back! =3
Yeah I thinking Teenage Dream is a master class in modern pop hitmaking, but her and her producers admitted that's exactly what they were aiming for back then. The album had no concept to follow and they simply took on every good song she could do. It worked and yielded awesome songs, though it was essentially a collection of singles.

But PRISM she had a concept in mind post-divorce, so it benefits from that traditionally in being a sort of exploration of recovery, strength, and commitment for her. PRISM makes more sense as an album when you listen to multiple songs at once, so it is easier for a full album play to me.

Teenage Dream is where a go to for one or two songs at a time, PRISM for when I want a longer run of Katy vibing.

The general American populace would not have been there for Leg and dairy lovers. It's too "ethnic" sounding to be a smash.

Trump would have it deported from the charts.

That doesn't make any sense considering the biggest hit from Prism was Dark Horse, the most "ethnic" sounding song on the album complete with a rap feature.

rhandino

Banned
Yeah I thinking Teenage Dream is a master class in modern pop hitmaking, but her and her producers admitted that's exactly what they were aiming for back then. The album had no concept to follow and they simply took on every good song she could do. It worked and yielded awesome songs, though it was essentially a collection of singles.

But PRISM she had a concept in mind post-divorce, so it benefits from that traditionally in being a sort of exploration of recovery, strength, and commitment for her. PRISM makes more sense as an album when you listen to multiple songs at once, so it is easier for a full album play to me.

Teenage Dream is where a go to for one or two songs at a time, PRISM for when I want a longer run of Katy vibing.
Let me go and listen to PRISM once again =3

Joanne, John Wayne, Dancin' In Circles, Sinner's Prayer, Come to Mama, Perfect Illusion, Hey Girl and Diamond Heart are still good. But not top albums of 2016 good.

YDc42EN.gif

Joanna is a very good album and a very big disappointment.

EocmIxN.gif
No.
YDc42EN.gif

Joanne is hot garbage. Gaga somehow managed to chase away whatever talent anyone involved in producing it had, and instead we were served an aural recording of dolly parton's stand in trying to impersonate wynonna.
YDc42EN.gif

DOWN

Banned
It's biggest problem was that it wasn't The Fame Monster II

She's famous for exploding to the top with the standout Bad Romance. She was weird, dark, fashion obsessed, and pop savvy. It was a cool combination and made her a must-hear artist.
Monsterka-image-monsterka-36599133-480-270.gif

Top Bottom