• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
You should watch Lemonade. Stop what you're doing and watch that.

Lemonade is, to me, her third best album, but throw in the movie and it's undeniably her magnum opus.

What are the two albums you rank above it?

DOWN

Banned
Take the visual aid away from Lemonade and you're left with just a pretty decent album. It's getting hyped up more than it deserves because of it. Self titled was the better album musically.

I think you are the only one with this opinion lol

Also I still have never watched the Lemonade video and probably won't, and Lemonade still has the best, most coherent album of last year, with great production values and a powerful voice that shows off her emotions perfectly.

25 is just a mash of songs with no theme at all besides getting older. Honestly unless she breaks up with her boyfriend I don't know what she will sing about as after all she can't sing about breakups anymore without it seeming fake.
It's meant to be watched which is how it was first released so I don't understand how y'all feel comfortable even posting like this about an impeccable visual album you admit you didn't actually use properly

hYokbr0.gif

Mau ®

Self-titled IS the better Bey album. But yes, the visual propels Lemonade to another realm.

Although I wasn't too hot on the "forgivess" aspect of it. Jay-Z is cheating trash and has been for years. Dude won't change.

DOWN

Banned
Mau ®;229019728 said:
Self-titled IS the better Bey album. But yes, the visual propels Lemonade to another realm.

Although I wasn't too hot on the "forgivess" aspect of it. Jay-Z is cheating trash and has been for years. Dude won't change.
That twist whew. That was a wild night on the internet.

"Is this the most hardcore divorce announcement ever? Is this the sequel to that elevator leak? Who is Becky with the Good hair? Wait that's Jay... Damn so this is why she called it Lemonade. How could you do this to us Jay Z?"

Hours later and Becky with the Good Hair headlines are everywhere

DOWN

Banned
I do think Countdown was snubbed for a Top 10 spot. It ranked really well on critics lists at the end of the year and some were really surprised it wasn't chart topping.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I think Beyoncé forgiving him actually makes it better. People's love are so personal that I don't think it's right to judge their relationship.

Starboy was what finally got me on board with The Weeknd. "Secrets" is the album track non-single jam of the year.

TSptvue.gif
The first half of that album is actually really good.

Take the visual aid away from Lemonade and you're left with just a pretty decent album. It's getting hyped up more than it deserves because of it. Self titled was the better album musically.
Self-Titled has the better individual songs, where Lemonade is the superior album cohesively.
You should watch Lemonade. Stop what you're doing and watch that.

Lemonade is, to me, her third best album, but throw in the movie and it's undeniably her magnum opus.
I plan on doing it tomorrow lol!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;229022980 said:
Blonde is AOTY 2016. It's known.

How you gonna ignore legit tearjerkers like "Self-Control", "White Ferrari" and "Ivy"?

If I say Blonde is AOTY will you get me pregnant on a Saturday Night while drunk and maybe on weed?

WaffleTaco

Mau ®;229022980 said:

How you gonna ignore legit tearjerkers like "Self-Control", "White Ferrari" and "Ivy"?

I would say its a good contender, certainly one of the best.

It's meant to be watched which is how it was first released so I don't understand how y'all feel comfortable even posting like this about an impeccable visual album you admit you didn't actually use properly

hYokbr0.gif

I of course watched the visual album, that was my first exposure to Lemonade, but I also don't have time to be watching stuff like that all the time, so I instead go to the music, which I found lacking. Maybe she should have made an album that had some sort of visual portion but didn't lose anything when listened to on its own. Oh wait...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Lol it's a lead-in, similar to Janelle's Pepsi ad last year which preceded the performance. Thank God

90 year old hype man
here for it
expecting him to b proclaimed the highlight of the show

Starboy was what finally got me on board with The Weeknd. "Secrets" is the album track non-single jam of the year.

TSptvue.gif

Not of the year but definitely a surprise great song by Abel. Obviously it's kind of a rip from the Romantics but I really really loved this song. He killed it and I don't really like the Weeknd at all.

Maybe it's just me but I think Self titled has worn off on me from being the best album. Lemonade is cohesive from start to finish and it's really hard to listen to the album jumping around. I find myself having to just press play and let it rock, something I can't do with self titled anymore. Plus Lemonade has a larger arrangement of different genres for each song that, imo , makes it better than Self Titled which strictly felt like R&B....I don't get how anyone can say that it's decent....

Pray you catch me > Pretty Hurts
Hold Up = Haunted (Stalemate)
Don't Hurt Yourself = DIL
Sorry > Blow (and I love blow too)
6 inch = Partition
Daddy Lessons > Jealous
Love Drought > Rocket (idc idc idc)
Sandcastles < Mine
Forward > XO
Freedom = Flawless
All Night > Superpower
Formation >>> Heaven and Blue

Koodo

Banned
Mau ®;229022980 said:

It's easy to ignore something when you're fast asleep.

VXoVshf.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Jealous is the most underrated song of her catalogue imo, I love that song so much. :eek:

Yes yes yes. I don't think it gets enough appreciation. I've played it more times than I could count.

The Flop

Banned
Judas just came on my iTunes and it is still a BANGER!

Speaking of which, What songs do you expect Gaga to do in her 12 minute Magnum Opus?

My Guesses:

Bad Romance
Just Dance/Poker Face medley
A-yo (Only Blowanne song)
Edge of Glory
Telephone (Maybe a surprise Beyonce visit?)
Applause
"Born this way" or "You and I"
Paparazzi

raw

The Flop

Banned
Speaking of which, What songs do you expect Gaga to do in her 12 minute Magnum Opus?

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
Hey Girl (with Lady Starlight)
Donatella
Jewels N Drugs
Paper Gangsta
Million Reasons/Swine mashup
7 minute closing speech

Rumor has it that all five eras will be represented so I'd expect at least these:
Pokerface
Bad Romance
Born This Way
Applause
A-YO or next Joanne single

Just Dance is likely in, though I'd love for her to close with Perfect Illusion. That song can only be vindicated in a stadium with optional crowd surf.

Frodo

Madonna just posted this picture on social media with the following quote:

uHLB1H8.jpg

"Miss Hanging With these creative people too!!! Need to have a Renaissance of Music, Art and Fashion! &#55356;&#57276;&#55356;&#57261;&#55356;&#57256;&#55357;&#56416;&#55357;&#56401;. Real Artists inspiring one another! &#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56472; Versace and Tupac &#55356;&#57225;&#55356;&#57225;&#55356;&#57225;&#55357;&#56472;" -Madonna

Now may she do exactly that. A Renaissance of her music. Stop trying to happen with current music trends and do it like you used to do: Set the trends for the lesser to follow. I hope she is working on a new album already.

DOWN

Banned
Confessions was that last album I felt like she wasn't chasing trends and trying to figure out what else is left for her to make

WaffleTaco

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
Hey Girl (with Lady Starlight)
Donatella
Jewels N Drugs
Paper Gangsta
Million Reasons/Swine mashup
7 minute closing speech

Rumor has it that all five eras will be represented so I'd expect at least these:
Pokerface
Bad Romance
Born This Way
Applause
A-YO or next Joanne single

Just Dance is likely in, though I'd love for her to close with Perfect Illusion. That song can only be vindicated in a stadium with optional crowd surf.
I would switch out Born This Way with Edge of Glory

Top Bottom