• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Teddy Sinclair & Kali Uchis are working on a song together
3WJbUV5.gif

Mau ®

New Goldfrapp single "Anymore" up on Spotify. It's very "supernature".

I didn't like it but they've not been very good ever since "Head First". The album is out in March so I'll look into it in due time.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Vazduh

Mau ®;228933498 said:
New Goldfrapp single "Anymore" up on Spotify. It's very "supernature".

I didn't like it but they've not been very good ever since "Head First". The album is out in March so I'll look into it in due time.

Liked it, but then again, I've never listened to Goldfrapp that much. A very casual listener when it comes to their discography, although the good sis rude (RIP) got me to listen the first one properly.

rhandino

Banned
To be fair Mimi was probably payed a lot more for those Game of War ads and promo than Butera-chan with this flop game.

wait, I just remembered that Britney had her very own mobile game flop, kii!

1468312419_feat-britney-spears-american-dream-cap.jpeg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
To be fair Mimi was probably payed a lot more for those Game of War ads and promo than Butera-chan with this flop game.

wait, I just remembered that Britney had her very own mobile game flop, kii!

1468312419_feat-britney-spears-american-dream-cap.jpeg
Did Ariana did videos to promote the game tho? All I remember is her picture in the trailer and thats about it.

WaffleTaco

Music Analist Paul Grein is predicting an Adele sweep in the grammys and I hope he is right
Over Beyoncé? If Adele wins people are going to be pissed, including me. It would be two years in a row a white person won over a black person who clearly has the better album while the white person's only claim to fame is being popular.

DOWN

Banned
Do people really think Adele's latest effort was a better album than Lemonade? It's not like we are talking about 21

I mean there was no way 25 was going to surpass 21 in any category. 21 struck gold because she was a refreshing pop act, and critics weren't that hard on it either. 25 was going to get harder criticism regardless of how it actually turned out.

Lemonade gets the edge purely for the incredible visual aid. Considering the intense hype Adele had to navigate in 2015, 25 is a very impressive release.

Mau ®

25 was dull as fuck. The only reason it got nommed it's because it sold boatloads of copies. Same goes for Views.

Lemonade is the only good choice.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Tbh Lemonade was boring compared to my expectations
At least with Adele you expect a bit of a snooze

Songs I use from 25: Hello, I Miss You, Love In the Dark, River Lea, Sweetest Devotion
From Lemonade: Formation, Pray You Catch Me, Freedom, All Night, 6 Inch, VMA Performance!!!

Probably give both a 7. Theyve done better

rhandino

Banned
I love Adele and I also love 25 quite a lot but if she wins over Beyonce and her Lemonade

7AW7I2a.gif

Formation and Hello were some of the most flawless releases for a lead single tho, most of our faves should learn about it tbh
unless you are Rhat in which case you can just drop a song, forget about it while riding Leonardo and Drake D while the songs soars to the Top 10

WaffleTaco

He may not have a vagina, but that didn't stop him from delivering AOTY in 2016

61wUjjsHxGL._SS500.jpg
I think you are the only one with this opinion lol

Also I still have never watched the Lemonade video and probably won't, and Lemonade still has the best, most coherent album of last year, with great production values and a powerful voice that shows off her emotions perfectly.

25 is just a mash of songs with no theme at all besides getting older. Honestly unless she breaks up with her boyfriend I don't know what she will sing about as after all she can't sing about breakups anymore without it seeming fake.

Take the visual aid away from Lemonade and you're left with just a pretty decent album. It's getting hyped up more than it deserves because of it. Self titled was the better album musically.

I think you are the only one with this opinion lol

Also I still have never watched the Lemonade video and probably won't, and Lemonade still has the best, most coherent album of last year, with great production values and a powerful voice that shows off her emotions perfectly.

25 is just a mash of songs with no theme at all besides getting older. Honestly unless she breaks up with her boyfriend I don't know what she will sing about as after all she can't sing about breakups anymore without it seeming fake.

You should watch Lemonade. Stop what you're doing and watch that.

Lemonade is, to me, her third best album, but throw in the movie and it's undeniably her magnum opus.

Vazduh

YAAAS a Medina throwback

9szNs2b.gif

The Danish icon, tbh.

Starboy was what finally got me on board with The Weeknd. "Secrets" is the album track non-single jam of the year.

TSptvue.gif

Same. Not that I didn't like a few (and by a few, I really mean it) songs from his mixtapes, but Max Martin really found something special in him.

Funny thing is that Secrets is barely an original song. It's an interpolation of two songs: “Pale Shelter” by Tears for Fears and The Romantics' “Talking in Your Sleep” But what an interpolation it is!

Top Bottom