• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Ariana came through.

KzyjNQFl.jpg
not her vocals completely overshadowing the guy on the song lmao

B-Dex

I legit expected Ariana to pop on the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary stream to sing Dangerous Woman or something, at least that would have been more exciting that the actual event we got =/

Nnnnnnn

What kind of hyped up non event intern had 30 mins in ms paint to prepare.

Trash. But at least FF12 HD has a release date.

Mau ®

Botty was right when he said Ari already surpassed Mariah. She could never make an album as good as "Dangerous Woman".

I mean "Forever Boy" alone 😿

I must say I thought it was Mariah on the Beaty and the Beast soundtrack. I genuinely thought "weird how they didn't go with Ariana...".

Sometimes I really have a hard time distinguishing the two.

DOWN

Banned
I think Mariah had a more unique and recognizable character to her voice but Ariana is still a really capable voice too which is what makes her impressive

Idk Leona Lewis, Whitney, Christina Aguilera, Mariah all have more unique voices than Ariana but at this point I think Ariana has proven close in vocal talent overall.

Dangerous Woman as an album sounds surprisingly mature and above her teen star origin.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;229446758 said:
Botty was right when he said Ari already surpassed Mariah. She could never make an album as good as "Dangerous Woman".

I mean "Forever Boy" alone 😿
Maybe not now (I say maybe because some of the songs in MiAMTEC are incredible good and show that she still has some bops in her) but Mimi already made flawless gems like Butterfly, Music Box, DAYDREAM, Emancipation and even The Remixes so it's OK if she don't deliver anymore.

DOWN

Banned
Maybe not now (I say maybe because some of the songs in MiAMTEC are incredible good and show that she still has some bops in her) but Mimi already made flawless gems like Butterfly, Music Box, DAYDREAM, Emancipation and even The Remixes so it's OK if she don't deliver anymore.
Agree with this too. Mariah's highs are still much higher than Ariana's in terms of music making masterclass, even if current Mariah is nothing of note.
IcCP1aS.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The thing is that Ariana is a fetus still and has shown some progression and improvements on her vocals. Her enunciation has definitely gotten better despite still having some issues at times. Who knows maybe later she can reach Mariah's highs or fizzle out. Only time will tell what happens.

I think Mariah had a more unique and recognizable character to her voice but Ariana is still a really capable voice too which is what makes her impressive

Idk Leona Lewis, Whitney, Christina Aguilera, Mariah all have more unique voices than Ariana but at this point I think Ariana has proven close in vocal talent overall.

Dangerous Woman as an album sounds surprisingly mature and above her teen star origin.

Yasss stan for the vocal queen of irrelevance!

-----------

lol @ the Watch Dogs 1 esque downgrade Ariana's version of Beauty & the Beast is compared to Celine Dion's (to be fair it is more of the fault of whoever the male singer is in Ariana's version...very lackluster)

Celine-Dion-All-In.gif

By this point in Mariah's career (3rd major studio album album) she had given us Vision of Love, Emotions, I'll be there, Hero, Without You and Dreamlover (all iconic hits played on radio and tv talent show contests even today)...and the next studio album would give us Fantasy and One Sweet Day (with her xmas album released before that giving All I want for xmas is you)

Ariana is wayyyyy behind her in iconic singles thus far (lets not even measure sales or #1 singles by the time each had released their 3rd albums as it won't look pretty)

With that said I love Ariana. She IS the only major pop girl of today who harkens back to the Mariah/Whitney quality of singing.

Yado

I feel like Mariah isn't as serious about her brand/image as she should be tbh. Not sure if it's her fault or her team's.

Top Bottom