• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Except 1989 still outsold it lmao
That's so weird lol. However, I wonder if we can compare Katy's singles to Taylor's because I doubt Taylor outsold her there. I bet profit wise Katy still made more, however that's hard to compare since streaming is so relevant and Taylor had that Apple deal.

L5nMKr7.png

1EVOdY7.png

hBHmVSJ.gif
Still can't believe Red won album of the year it's so boring.
Using Metacritic in 2017

EMVnCkc.gif

I am willing to admit that Styles, Clean and Blank Space are holy bops and kind of validate 1989 existence BUT she decided to also put in the same album Shake it Off, Bad Blood and Welcome to New York.

Eugh.
What's wrong with metacritic?
I'm getting ads for zulilly tunics 😂

The Taylor Swift fan starter kit
I always get those, and well yeah I would look!

of course when quality is brought up, Shitlord stans quickly jump to the sales defense as if their fave wasn't a bland, boring, lifeless, manufactured robot made to appeal to the most basic of humans. Please. It'd be bad if Shitlord didn't even sell considering how she was made for you to self-insert.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Mau ®;229483562 said:
Taylor is better than Katy. No need to pull metacritic out because it's literally common sense.
Let's compare singles:

Teardrops On My Guitar < I Kissed a Girl
Our Song < Hot n' Cold
Love Story > Thinking of You
White Horse = Waking Up in Vegas
You Belong With Me > California Girls
Mine < Teenage Dream
Back to December < Fireworks
Mean < E.T.
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together > TGIF
I Knew You Were Trouble > The One That Got Away
Shake It Off > Part of Me
Blank Space > Wide Awake
Style = Roar
Bad Blood = Dark Horse
Wildest Dreams > Birthday
I Don't Wanna Live Forever < Rise

Total:

Katy: 6
Taylor: 7

However Katy has done more with less albums, although she really needs to release some music.

Brhoom

Banned
of course when quality is brought up, Shitlord stans quickly jump to the sales defense as if their fave wasn't a bland, boring, lifeless, manufactured robot made to appeal to the most basic of humans. Please. It'd be bad if Shitlord didn't even sell considering how she was made for you to self-insert.

Are you talking about Taylor or Britney?

Bladenic

Will any of our faves ever?

What am I supposed to see here?

You should've posted the fact that some nobody told him to pay taxes and his reply was to catch these hands tax free, king &#128514;

Except Taylor is self-made. Everything "manufactured" about her is what she chose to do. Not saying that it's clear that her career the past few years hasn't been carefully planned and calculated, but you can say the exact same of Beyoncé.

are you talking about lana

Vazduh

Hope there are Erik Hassle fans/appreciators in here?

Because he just dropped his long-delayed album called Innocence Lost. It's a weird mix of one half tracks from his excellent 2014 EP Somebody's Party and some new ones. Natural Born Lovers is missing from the standard tracklist, but maybe it was saved for Deluxe edition? Whatever the case, it's well worth a listen if you're in for some dark Swedish pop infused with/heavily inspired by 90s R&B.

Spotify Link
Itunes Link

Singles:

Erik Hassle - Pathetic
Erik Hassle - Talk About It (feat. Vic Mensa)
Erik Hassle - No Words
Erik Hassle - If Your Man Only Knew
Erik Hassle - Innocence Lost (feat. Tinashe)

OMGOMG!!!

0IEq1DW.gif

Celine Dion is touring UK in June again after like yonking years!!!

Tickets go on sale on Friday...hope they don't get sold out!

My dream is coming true!!!!!! Saw Mariah at the 02 last year...and this year Celine. Whitney RIP my sweet...wish I could've seen you

In other more watchdogs style downgrade news Ariana is also touring in UK in May!! Tickets are still available...all my friends hate her tho...tempted to just go alone...but that's weirrrd

Nw5vIOU.gif

rhandino

Banned
It seems Dr. Luke is adding a defamation claim to his lawsuit against Kesha after he discovered that she texted Gaga about a [female recording artist] that was "raped by the same men"
And people are still saying that there is a chance that the artist in question is Katheryn

7e4723be03fdd2242c8d9c02e759bffd.gif

Kesha is now clapping back saying that she has recorded new music but Luke is not giving ha enough support to release her albums and be done with him

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Luke is basically releasing her music and wont do any promo basically. Her budget and studio time will be fucked with and who knows maybe sabotage some of the recordings.

Bladenic

It seems Dr. Luke is adding a defamation claim to his lawsuit against Kesha after he discovered that she texted Gaga about a [female recording artist] that was "raped by the same men"
And people are still saying that there is a chance that the artist in question is Katheryn

7e4723be03fdd2242c8d9c02e759bffd.gif

Kesha is now clapping back saying that she has recorded new music but Luke is not giving ha enough support to release her albums and be done with him

When will Kesha be free :'(

rhandino

Banned
Never.

The big shots of the music industry dont want her to set a new precedent by letting her out of ha contract so early and Luke is certainly pissed about ha exposing him like that, innocent or not.

Vazduh

Mau ®;229527903 said:
Excited! She previewed like 4 songs off the new album at a show in my city. They were very Charli XCX/Fergie-ish. I honestly hope she maintains some of the styling from the first album.

Good to hear.

She's sticking with the same producer iirc (Peter Thomas, her colleague from Berklee College of Music), so it should sound similar, but I see she's going for that "sleek hoe" styling. Looks amazing tbh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Gallant x Tablo x Eric Nam - Cave Me In
This crossover is so smooth!

Also, Eric Nam seems to be pushing for a western debut or something, he released a couple of moths ago a collab with Timbaland (which is probably one of the few bareable recent Timbaland productions).

v nice

mother! fucking! yes! charli! give! me! all! that! life!!!

Top Bottom