• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Styles

But why is She still no.1?

1 Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

8mykgdu.gif

Mau ®

Love Story
Enchanted
Sparks Fly
Last Kiss
State of Grace
Begin Again
Holy Ground
All Too Well
Style
Blank Space
Clean
Wildest Dreams
You Are In Love

I mean the level of LYRICISM in there. Entire careers have been built on just one song like that but instead she has several.

Ugh EVIL QUEEN fuck me up.

Yado

Of the main pop girls Taylor's music is probably the blandest, I really don't get what there is to stan for. It's like getting excited for a Mayo sandwich.

Sad.
IT0peAb.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Mau ®;229467952 said:
Love Story
Enchanted
Sparks Fly
Last Kiss
State of Grace
Begin Again
Holy Ground
All Too Well
Style
Blank Space
Clean
Wildest Dreams
You Are In Love

I mean the level of LYRICISM in there. Entire careers have been built on just one song like that but instead she has several.

Eh she's here and there. Her Red album was pretty boring and bland.

effc8bf25e.png

But lets look at a better Emma
tumblr_mxo4cuZsx81qft49to1_500.gif
Never heard of those besides This Is The End so I will assume they are low budget, but Emma Stone is great. I also love Emma Roberts.
Of the main pop girls Taylor's music is probably the blandest, I really don't get what there is to stan for. It's like getting excited for a Mayo sandwich.

Sad.
IT0peAb.gif
Name a pop girl doing better music than her (besides Beyoncé).

Mau ®;229467952 said:
Love Story
Enchanted
Sparks Fly
Last Kiss
State of Grace
Begin Again
Holy Ground
All Too Well
Style
Blank Space
Clean
Wildest Dreams
You Are In Love

She's cute for white people music

DOWN

Banned
This conversation only will lead to a mess it seems. Insulting Taylor or saying "white people music" is not an affront to whites so let's take a breath

Kaxzrjr.jpg

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Good Choice actually.
Teddy Sinclair
9ac51dfa52.png

Racism? Tell me how white people have been oppressed in history?
200.gif
Another good choice!
Katy Perry has done better pop music than Taylor.

#Fact
Debateable. I would say 1989 ages better than Teenage Dream
Mm I'd say Teenage Dream was a bigger success in pop overall than 1989
Well yeah...5 # 1 singles, with another in the top ten (the closest to ever come to Micheal Jackson's record). And then the re-release with new tracks had a #1 single and the other peaking at #2. Teenage Dream is legendary and it's success won't be repeated for a long time. In fact the only two artists that probably could do it would be Bieber or Swift.

Bladenic

Good Choice actually.

Another good choice!

Debateable. I would say 1989 ages better than Teenage Dream

Well yeah...5 # 1 singles, with another in the top ten (the closest to ever come to Micheal Jackson's record). And then the re-release with new tracks had a #1 single and the other peaking at #2. Teenage Dream is legendary and it's success won't be repeated for a long time. In fact the only two artists that probably could do it would be Bieber or Swift.

Except 1989 still outsold it lmao

rhandino

Banned
Using Metacritic in 2017

EMVnCkc.gif

I am willing to admit that Styles, Clean and Blank Space are holy bops and kind of validate 1989 existence BUT she decided to also put in the same album Shake it Off, Bad Blood and Welcome to New York.

Eugh.

Top Bottom