• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

I had a vision of love
And it was all that you've given to me
I had a vision of love
And it was all that you've given me
I've realized a dream
And I visualized
The love that came to be
Feel so alive
I'm so thankful that I've received
The answer that heaven has sent down to me

vision.gif

fixed

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
XV runs circled round Berseria and then uses Omnislash on it

03jTPRr.gif

Not Vazra serving a Ariana has better vocals than Mariah Carey tii

But Ariana runs circles around Mariah on modern day tho. So I guess you agreeing FF XV is an aged cow that is flopping at even bringing something that is truly memorable. Thanks

Also I believe you meant to say "circles around". Also not running circles when the story of FFXV is a mess

Carly and Kylie might single handedly redeem western pop in 2017 from the influx of racists, delusions of grandeur, anemic stage rats, and the oppression of melodies and choruses.

YES. Hopefully we are blessed with albums by both of them this year. 🙏🙌

Frodo

Just yesterday Maneater came on and I was like OMG this shit is legit...

What is that cover? And most importantly, why? WHO DID THIS TO NELLY?

ksHuvFD.gif

Vazduh

Can we take a moment and pray for Nelly Furtado?

Nelly-Furtado-The-Ride.jpg

Cold Hard Truth, the latest single from the album is good. I'm not worrying about Ms Nelly anymore!

(It would seem she's OK with being in the same tier as Lights now)

The more singles she releases, the less interesting she sounds.

I enjoyed Lush Life very much, Ain't My Fault and to some extent I Would Like. But this is just bland.

At least she's finally releasing her album in March (yes it's a final release date!).

DOWN

Banned

I've heard of her but this is the first time listening to her music. This is a mediocre song and her aesthetic seems...inauthentic. She looks like someone with a sugar daddy/wealthy relative funding her passion project.
Lush Life is fantastic but the girl's label is trying too hard. They'll throw her at any decent producer and recognizable feature they can. She did some sort of country music duet for an award show a few months ago and yeah it's obvious that her launch management is desperate for exposure over focus. If I had to guess, I would assume Lush Life is most representative of her style.

DOWN

Banned
T2zBHGL.jpg

Rita Ora serving forehead and quineañera realness with Zayn looking sick.
what the f

I didn't recognize them. They look uh...

His hair is different, but her... She looks way freaking different with less makeup like that
rita-ora-640x360.jpg

DOWN

Banned
It's clear at this point she will at least do something of a message for inclusivity and diversity in her way I think

rhandino

Banned
Sis better drop some BOMBS on the national stage and try to help, humanize and represent all those communities that she used in the past to reach commercial success, otherwise I am not here for her ANYMORE and neither should anyone on this comm tbqh

EMVnCkc.gif

EDIT: If she doesnt I don't want to hear/read any fucking excuses after Beyonce exploded in the face of white america last year with FORMATION.

DOWN

Banned
the irony last year of how they said Beyoncé's beliefs in police accountability and justice are anti-police beliefs

Frodo

TBH, Madonna should be doing the show this year again. She would give 0 fucks about saying a big fuck you to this bad excuse for a government.

KPMbI35.gif

Ya'll are wanting her to sit and monologue about Donald Trump in front of 100+ million people? How can one possibly think that's a good move for her? These people were triggered by a fucking beret. Her career would be as good as over if she mentions him specifically.

Born This Way will be her political moment if anything though.

Frodo

Ya'll are wanting her to sit and monologue about Donald Trump in front of 100+ million people? How can one possibly think that's a good move for her? These people were triggered by a fucking beret. Her career would be as good as over if she mentions him specifically.

Born This Way will be her political moment if anything though.

Implying she still has a career.

rhandino

Banned
Implying she still has a career.
IT0peAb.gif

I was thinking about a SB even headlined by Taylord and I imagined that she was going to be on stage with all her famous,
white,
rich friends holding hands and talking about unity and #crossingtheaisle and how is now time of healing and reflection.

Koodo

Banned
Since western pop has decided to abandon all semblance of good music and I don't feel like dirtying myself in the cage of fetish that's the kpop thread, let's take this time to recognize one of the best foreign and simply best overall pop albums of the last 5 years:

ckZT1fb.jpg

I love talent!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Since western pop has decided to abandon all semblance of good music and I don't feel like dirtying myself in the cage of fetish that's the kpop thread, let's take this time to recognize one of the best foreign and simply best overall pop albums of the last 5 years:

ckZT1fb.jpg

I love talent!

They broke up and they are releasing a farewell song this month on the 10th to close on their 10th year anniversary. I was a weeping mess. Reboot > Emotion

Koodo

Banned
They broke up and they are releasing a farewell song this month on the 10th to close on their 10th year anniversary. I was a weeping mess. Reboot > Emotion
wow amazing how you were right for the first time in 20 lunar cycles until the attempt to instigate in the last sentence

fortunately i am beyond pitting talent against talent on February 03, 2017.

DOWN

Banned
I've never delved into K Pop or J Pop. Is there any Into You tier smashes y'all recommend as an introduction?

Vazduh

I've never delved into K Pop or J Pop. Is there any Into You tier smashes y'all recommend as an introduction?

AOA - 10 Seconds. A lot of Western acts would kill for a smash like that.

Also, Miss A - Lips. Whew!

(there's a shitton of K-pop bops, but I'll leave those to other members)

yea I don't like madonna and I'd rather have her giving a big fuck you to donald. gaga's "career" isn't there anymore. Monsters are the only one buying her albums, she's a niche artist now.

I'll be incredibly disappointed if Gaga doesn't do something that's clearly directed at him.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
How much creative autonomy do the artists have for an event like this? Does the NFL have to sign off on the performance?

Even if the NFL had very little oversight (or wouldn't mind some political controversy), I don't think Gaga would do anything too pointed. I think her career is too vulnerable right now so she's likely risk-averse, and her recent musical endeavors have been appeals to country, jazz/Tony Bennett, Sound of Music, and National Anthem audiences. But I guess we'll see.

Considering gays are the only ones who buy her album now she better say something. Going to be hard to buy her albums if they all get fired thanks to the dump administrations "religious freedom"

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Considering gays are the only ones who buy her album now she better say something. Going to be hard to buy her albums if they all get fired thanks to the dump administrations "religious freedom"

Did anything happen with that yet? I saw the draft that was passed around, but my hope was that it was ultimately dropped...

Top Bottom