• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

B-Dex

Z5HT4Ve.gif

Based sunhilegend

She did good. Vocals were a bit meh but the production was nice and she kept the flopanne to a minimum.

This is by far the best thing she's done in like 2 years tho, says a lot about this era. 🙄

MANUELF

Banned
She did good. Vocals were a bit meh but the production was nice and she kept the flopanne to a minimum.

This is by far the best thing she's done in like 2 years tho, says a lot about this era. 🙄

Did she sing anything of the last 5 year aside of Million Reasons?

Mau ®;229785831 said:
She did good by keeping it limited to the hits. She wants to sell them tour tickets.
This is literal undeniable evidence that she needs to go return to pure pop smashes. Really highlights how shit Joanne is.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
A fun overview of her earlier hits. I kind of wish we got a "Paparazzi" reference, but it's okay.

So she sang Million Reaons, Born this way, Pokerface, Bad Romance and what else?

Just Dance and Telephone. Briefly referenced Edge of Glory.

MANUELF

Banned
Setlist:
God Bless America
Poker Face
Born This Way
Telephone
Just Dance
Million Reasons
Bad Romance

Was that it?
So her only hits plus Million Reasons?
LOL

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
SHE DID THAT
OFF THE ROOF
SLAYSLAY

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Setlist:
God Bless America
Poker Face
Born This Way
Telephone
Just Dance
Million Reasons
Bad Romance

Was that it?
LOL

That's to be expected honestly. That is what people want to hear.

rhandino

Banned
That setlist us kind of flawless (havent seen the show yet)

Weird that she choose Million Reasons over Perfect Illusion tbh, I feel loke thay song is perfect for a stadium.

Bladenic

Setlist:
God Bless America
Poker Face
Born This Way
Telephone
Just Dance
Million Reasons
Bad Romance

Was that it?
LOL

I feel like I see posts like this every year. The halftime show is what, 15 minutes? You're not getting a full blown concert and every act delivers their biggest hits.

MANUELF

Banned
I feel like I see posts like this every year. The halftime show is what, 15 minutes? You're not getting a full blown concert and every act delivers their biggest hits.

Im not talking about the number of songs but what songs they were, all of them except two are from her first two albums or album depending of how you see it, and she has 5 albums out

Bladenic

Im not talking about the number of songs but what songs they were, all of them except two are from her first two albums or album depending of how you see it, and she has 5 albums out

"Delivers their biggest hits"

I guess it's laugh out loud worthy that her biggest hits were all years ago but we already knew that lmao.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
That setlist us kind of flawless (havent seen the show yet)

Weird that she choose Million Reasons over Perfect Illusion tbh, I feel loke thay song is perfect for a stadium.

I think she wanted a breather and it probably made sense because it's the most recent single. But yeah, given that they kept advertising her performance with Perfect Illusion, the absence was unexpected. I was hoping for either a snippet of PI (before it gets repetitive) or A-YO over Million Reasons.

I mean, that's more a commentary on her career than her performance. I think she has great songs from Joanne that'd have filled a stadium well, but they wouldn't be songs the randos in the audience would sing along to and enjoy. She could either promote her recent stuff or she could give the audience songs they'd know. I think she made the right choice.

Name me artists who it is actually not like that for.

Most have their iconic hits in their first 2-3 albums.

Madonna and Mariah are female exceptions I can think of (maybe beyonce but barely)

Touchback

Banned
I'm surprised you all are so surprised it was good. Never count out talent. I liked her subtle references to Prince during the performance with that keyboard guitar. The vocals were also on point. Katy Perry take note.

Top Bottom