• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

DOWN

Banned
Gaga gave me what I was hoping for. She at least showed us that despite her straying from her pop smash persona, she very well was willing to acknowledge it as her true successes. She gave a good show with good songs and made me feel glad for her that she scored the gig.

It's weird that it seems Gaga has gotten her biggest prestige gigs post-Artpop. Emmy attention, Oscars attention, Tony Bennet Grammy attention, and the Super Bowl.

Gaga gave me what I was hoping for. She at least showed us that despite her straying from her pop smash persona, she very well was willing to acknowledge it as her true successes. She gave a good show with good songs and made me feel glad for her that she scored the gig.

It's weird that it seems Gaga has gotten her biggest prestige gigs post-Artpop. Emmy attention, Oscars attention, Tony Bennet Grammy attention, and the Super Bowl.

Artpot wins!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Selena was unimpressed
9nocdvP.jpg

Lady Gaga's Super Bowl Halftime Show More Mediocre Than Monster – Review
lady-gaga-super-bowl-halftime-show.jpg

royalan

Eh, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

Gaga needs to either do less dancing, or less singing. But she tries to hard to do both at the same time, and so halfway through the performance she's singing out of breath AND a half step behind on all her moves.

Mau ®;229792591 said:
Where is Soulscribe though??

Desperately seeking oxygen after this bitch singlehandedly launched my pussy into orbit

It's a damn good day for those who stan talent. I am proud to experience this day with you POPGAF <3

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Did she mention anything political at all?

She sang "Born This Way" and specifically did the parts that touch on ethnic diversity and call out LGBT identities. I'm not sure if that counts or not. She also sang parts of patriotic songs and delivered part of the Pledge of Allegiance that mention the nation being for everyone before jumping off the roof of the stadium like a spider so maybe that was some kind of metaphor...
/s

I'd guess she upset a few people who thought she was being "too political" while most people didn't notice.

Gaga announced her world tour, and I still don't really think I care. :/

I went to the BTWB and ARTPOP, really enjoyed them both but there's no guarantee that the show will be more like last night rather than the mediocre floppane performances and visuals. Ugh. Dunno if I should go.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
weird that gaga finished with notably hated song bad romance instead of anything from notably overlooked classic ARTPOP!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Ugh Kylie really is amazing. We may be getting a new album this year

“In 2017, I’d like to make a new pop album and even think about touring again,” she told Gay Times in December.

As long as it's better than the disappointing Kiss Me Once (yikes, I still don't know what went wrong there), I'm excited!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Actually, come to think of it is there any chance Kylie Minogue will ever be asked to do the super bowl half time show? Is she famous enough in North America?

She has the hits, she has the looks, and she has the longevity. That's more than most.

enigmatic_alex44

Really? I can see Sharkia but Ed Sheeran's music sucks and he looks like a Hobbit and is proud of shitting his pants on stage smh.

Ed's the one that should be covering his face, not Sia.

Bladenic

As someone who thinks Gaga hasn't impressed me in 5 years and and Halftime shows are usually trash, Gaga did pretty well.

Better than the abomination put forth by Katerina Perrina.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

This is stupid from both sides. You shouldn't be able to trademark a name.

I don't think she has the star power in the US. The gays know her well, but to everyone else she's "that woman who sang that la la la la la la song"
Nope, she's a nobody.

I think is more likely that Shakira or Ed Sheeran are going to be asked to do a Half-time show before Kylie

e5321925.png
Shakira could do well, not Ed though as he doesn't have the songs for a Super Bowl stadium.

Really? I can see Sharkia but Ed Sheeran's music sucks and he looks like a Hobbit and is proud of shitting his pants on stage smh.

Ed's the one that should be covering his face, not Sia.
Ed has a beautiful voice and let's seriously not make fun of someone's looks, and that shitting pants thing is probably more common than you think.

Rihanna is clearly the next most likely pick for Superbowl

lol @ Shakira

and looool @ Kylie

Legends like Xtina and Mariah are yet to Superbowl and Kylie would get a slot?

IT0peAb.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Ed has a beautiful voice and let's seriously not make fun of someone's looks, and that shitting pants thing is probably more common than you think.

IT0peAb.gif

lmao are you serious? No it isn't common and he sounds like a dying weasel.

At least don't brag and laugh about it in an interview if you have an "accident". The fact that he thought it would be cute story to tell when nobody would have know otherwise. Get that pampers sponsorship I guess. He also compared himself to Adele recently.

Top Bottom