• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

cory64

I honestly can't believe some people keep bringing A****P back up.

Just enough already.

The album has been discussed to death, there are plenty of other BETTER, more interesting, more produced albums, as well as ARTISTS.

Until Gaga releases anything, even another Ass2Ass rehash, just stop. Please.

Even B**n T**s W*y is more deserving of any discussion than A*****P.

I agrih with this sentiment. That topic is as tired as the Formation World Tour's weaves & routines.

MrV4ltor

You know, I've never been to one of Bey's tours, but they all look so samey to me in videos.
Always the same dance routines, variations on the same outfits, a bland stage etc.

MrV4ltor

Most people go see singers for the singing. But I can see how that would be uninteresting for you.

I go for the singing too, but I'd also like to see a show.
Not 5 dancers bopping around on a bland stage and Bey doing her tired choreo in front of a fan :)
Someone like Ariana also has a good voice, but would I ever go to her concert? No.
It's not a Beyonce specific thing.

I go for the singing too, but I'd also like to see a show.
You want music videos then. Which is fine. I love Madonna concerts, but if I went for singing I'd be setting myself up for failure.

Not 5 dancers bopping around on a bland stage and Bey doing her tired choreo in front of a fan :)

Show me someone giving full out choreo with stellar vocals and you've shown me someone not singing live. Which is the main thing people who like singers go to shows to hear. If I wanted to see perfectly executed dancing, I'd probably go see some dancers.

Someone like Ariana also has a good voice,

These lies. She's a young Xtina in the making. She could be something but won't apply herself. She'll half ass those vocals just like she's been half assing that ponytail.

It's not a Beyonce specific thing.

Sure seems like it is.

MrV4ltor

You want music videos then. Which is fine. I love Madonna concerts, but if I went for singing I'd be setting myself up for failure.
Show me someone giving full out choreo with stellar vocals and you've shown me someone not singing live. Which is the main thing people who like singers go to shows to hear. If I wanted to see perfectly executed dancing, I'd probably go see some dancers.
Sure seems like it is.

I know I said I'd stop talking about her, but I'd want more shows to be like Gaga's. The two things that I really want from a show are a big stage with shit happening that catches the eye and good vocals. Katy's last tour looked entertaining to me, but I know that her vocals will never be above serviceable. I'd probably still go tho, the vocals don't have to be perfect if the show around it and the music makes up for it.
Bey can serve vocals and dance, but she's stopped in recent years in favour of lipsyncing. But I can understand that. She's proven that she can dance and sing at the same time, so she doesn't have to do it anymore. I'd love a Bey show that's more themed and not so minimalistic is basically all I'm trying to say.
Does that even make sense, because I just gave myself a headache writing that.

Yado

I know I said I'd stop talking about her, but I'd want more shows to be like Gaga's. The two things that I really want from a show are a big stage with shit happening that catches the eye and good vocals. Katy's last tour looked entertaining to me, but I know that her vocals will never be above serviceable. I'd probably still go tho, the vocals don't have to be perfect if the show around it and the music makes up for it.
Bey can serve vocals and dance, but she's stopped in recent years in favour of lipsyncing. But I can understand that. She's proven that she can dance and sing at the same time, so she doesn't have to do it anymore. I'd love a Bey show that's more themed and not so minimalistic is basically all I'm trying to say.
Does that even make sense, because I just gave myself a headache writing that.

Maybe she possesses the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent to put on a show without the excessive bells and whistles.

MrV4ltor

Maybe she possesses the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent to put on a show without the excessive bells and whistles.

Uniqueness? Beyonce? The woman who literally gets called out for stealing something new every week?
I appreciate the Drag Race reference tho :D

llehuty

So... about that Gaga thread... is anyone working on that? It DOES look like some of you have a lot of things to talk about.

Most people go see singers for the singing. But I can see how that would be uninteresting for you.
tumblr_max1z293031qjp8d7o2_250.gif

Ooops.

MrV4ltor

So... about that Gaga thread... is anyone working on that? It DOES like some of you have a lot of things to talk about.

What else are we going to talk about?
Meghan Trainor's fall on Fallon for 30 pages?
Some random, manufactured K-Pop group that has nothing to do with this thread?
Katy Perry's only talent: Her tits?
Ratzealia Banks' vile behaviour AGAIN?

llehuty

We could talk about music not released 3 years ago and that was already dated back then. Move on, like the rest of the population has done.

We could talk of real ARTPOP instead:

let's take this chance to promote an amazing Ukranian artist.

ONUKA - CITY <--- Some solid low key house-pop.
ONUKA - 19 86 <--- Emotional ballad.
ONUKA - Vidlik <--- Batshit insane song that will keep you at the edge of your sit.

And I will always find hilarious the Gaga selfdrag with the manufactured complaints.

So... what you're saying is... POPGAF is dead. I can see that. I'm over all of the above + Gaga.

MrV4ltor

You're all bullies. Let me leave and join some other irrelevant community.

giphy.gif

Y'all want me to stop posting about her, but then you're the ones bringing her up again. SMH.
Maybe on terms of basic sure
giphy.gif
I don't even know how to change it. I'm such a flop.

giphy.gif

Nasser

Bey lip-syncs too and she is actually half-assing her "choreography" during her Formation tour. Gaga's singing career lasted 3 or maybe 4 years. Britney is receiving the millennium award in 7 days. Goodnight

Screen_Shot_2016_05_15_at_5_46_41_PM.png

MrV4ltor

Bey has proven more than once that she is actually capable of singing quite well and if Gaga's singing career only lasted 3 or maybe 4 years, she wouldn't have booked the Superbowl, Grammys and Oscars in one month. Britney on the other hand is trash. Goodnight.

Screen_Shot_2016_05_15_at_5_46_41_PM.png

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, you guys have a point.
Has Britney ever actually proven that she can sing?

You can find various videos online of performances that seem live. The problem is that a lot of this was before people actually had good cameras in their pockets. She started being in the public eye so long ago (Mouseketeers, maybe even before that) that there's definitely stuff out there if you look. My impression is that her frequency of singing live has continually decreased and the volume of the pre-recorded track has continually increased over the years, which is why I want an (auto)biography that talks about why she has transitioned away from it. I have all of my conspiracy theories.

Some of the Britney stans in here can probably bring up the receipts.

Yado

You can find various videos online of performances that seem live. The problem is that a lot of this was before people actually had good cameras in their pockets. She started being in the public eye so long ago (Mouseketeers, maybe even before that) that there's definitely stuff out there if you look. My impression is that her frequency of singing live has continually decreased and the volume of the pre-recorded track has continually increased over the years, which is why I want an (auto)biography that talks about why she has transitioned away from it. I have all of my conspiracy theories.

Some of the Britney stans in here can probably bring up the receipts.

So, no?

Top Bottom